James Forrest Appreciation Thread

No we have long memories. Forrest is supposed to be one of our very top olayers, so I'm sorry someone in that bracket cannot go AWOL for nearly three months. Inconsistency has always been James problem. He needs to get back to form, his performance in our defeat at CP was abysmal.

We need every player to stand up. Forrest got plenty of praise when he was on fire, he needs to accept that his recent form has been poor and he alone needs to sort that. He got a jersey when he shouldn't have because who he is. That's not on. I hope he regains his form, but if he doesn't then he doesn't deserve a place because he has been great in that purple patch. A game at a time and only in in merit, not because your name is James Forrest. Stand up and be counted.

We all know what James Forrest brings to the party,we also know he is no Broony
have I ever seen him win a tackle ?? I dont think so and I will not hold my breath waiting on the first one,,the wee man has given us many,many a good day and night,,I prefer to remember the good days rather than the few bad days..and I apply that to every Bhoy at Celtic Park..

HH.

No we have long memories. Forrest is supposed to be one of our very top olayers, so I'm sorry someone in that bracket cannot go AWOL for nearly three months. Inconsistency has always been James problem. He needs to get back to form, his performance in our defeat at CP was abysmal.

We need every player to stand up. Forrest got plenty of praise when he was on fire, he needs to accept that his recent form has been poor and he alone needs to sort that. He got a jersey when he shouldn't have because who he is. That's not on. I hope he regains his form, but if he doesn't then he doesn't deserve a place because he has been great in that purple patch. A game at a time and only in in merit, not because your name is James Forrest. Stand up and be counted.
He's been played left wing, right wing, number 10 and wing back-
back and forward. No wonder inconsistency comes to the fore. He's an out and out right winger and half decent wing back if we are playing plankton. Total pro and if he does occasionaly drop his standards it is probably because he's just human like the rest of us.

Playing on the wing brings inconsistency, more than any other position. My old grandpa, Heaven keep him, told me Jinky used to get tuts and sighs aplenty from the fans, even at his peak. Now we only remember the games where he made full-backs and centre halves dizzy.

That's ten years now wee Forrest has been doing his best for us. Aye, he's had injuries and his form has peaked and troughed, but he's outlasted dozens of players that we remember fondly. His contract has run down - he could have gone down south several times for £££££££££ - and yet he's still here. Just because he doesn't get a megaphone out after every game doesn't mean he's not a Celtic legend.

Back