January Rumours - Merged

I'm in need of reminding 🙄....how will the sell on percentage be worked out? I'm thinking 10% of the sell on profit 100m give us 8m. Is that all tidied up and bang there's your 8m from Chelsea's say 30m up front or whatever they pay or are we factored into the payment structure and receive a percentage of the instalments?

Perfect timing for PL. If this goes through he will do a backflip. 12m was a pie in the sky number I hoped we would spend on mibi three players. One loan top up if it added quality. If 8m is banked give us 20m then!

I'm in need of reminding 🙄....how will the sell on percentage be worked out? I'm thinking 10% of the sell on profit 100m give us 8m. Is that all tidied up and bang there's your 8m from Chelsea's say 30m up front or whatever they pay or are we factored into the payment structure and receive a percentage of the instalments?
No sure BBb,think we get instalments dependant on the term's of the deal,if they pay full whack up front,we get the dosh in a wanner,if it's broken up over the length of contract we get instalment's, but hey, remember ah'm pished 🍺 🥴

No sure BBb,think we get instalments dependant on the term's of the deal,if they pay full whack up front,we get the dosh in a wanner,if it's broken up over the length of contract we get instalment's, but hey, remember ah'm pished 🍺 🥴
I dont think it matters that much for accounting purposes.

the transfer of the sale at price would be logged into the system for year end purposes even if the payments come later. Club can then buy somebody on same terms as the income receivable dates and when that income come to us it then transfers out on same day for the purchase today.

Sounds more complicated than it is. But it does mean liquidity can be poor if the payments are staggered. But since we are cash flush in bank it doesn't really affect day to day running costs in the way it would if you were needing 10 million just to see out season with unfactored payments to other clubs for future payments with no guaranteed cover in short term.

The second scenario makes it very difficult to get good prices for assets since your in a bit of a bind and need cash inflow just to be legally solvent.

6 figure sum for a young player whose only just about broken into the celtic starting XI he should be worth more
Depends on what the six-figures are. 100,000? Probably worth more. 900,000? Probably not worth more.

Though I'll miss him, I think it's a good deal for everyone. He gets playing time in a league where he'll be one of the best players, we have him off our books, and the club gets a six-figure payday, whatever that might be.

Last edited:
Back