January Rumours - Merged

Depends on what the six-figures are. 100,000? Probably worth more. 900,000? Probably not worth more.

Though I'll miss him, I think it's a good deal for everyone. He gets playing time in a league where he'll be one of the best players, we have him off our books, and the club gets a six-figure payday, whatever that might be.
Hope so I also feel he's not had a real chance played out of position a lot, hes had more minutes than his form deserved ahead of sinky whom I still think has more to offer you don't become a bad player overnight. Certainly not from sensational to average for no reason, confidence and a lack of arm round shoulder type coaching is how BR got the best from him
I'm not sure lenny is interested in being that kind of coach. Makes you wonder also how long the club have known this for?? Would explain why he got so many minutes whilst the fans groaned. Slightly disappointed that we sign a promising youth player, loan him to the championship for a well performed season , bring him back watch him breakthrough to the first team and hes gone ? I'm of the belief that at that age if you can break into our first team then you're automatically worth 4million (I may be biased)

Last edited:
I'm in need of reminding 🙄....how will the sell on percentage be worked out? I'm thinking 10% of the sell on profit 100m give us 8m. Is that all tidied up and bang there's your 8m from Chelsea's say 30m up front or whatever they pay or are we factored into the payment structure and receive a percentage of the instalments?

I think they deduct what they originally paid for him and we are cut in to 10% of the balance over the timescale of the agreed contract

Hope so I also feel he's not had a real chance played out of position a lot, hes had more minutes than his form deserved ahead of sinky whom I still think has more to offer you don't become a bad player overnight. Certainly not from sensational to average for no reason, confidence and a lack of arm round shoulder type coaching is how BR got the best from him
I'm not sure lenny is interested in being that kind of coach. Makes you wonder also how long the club have known this for?? Would explain why he got so many minutes whilst the fans groaned. Slightly disappointed that we sign a promising youth player, loan him to the championship for a well performed season , bring him back watch him breakthrough to the first team and hes gone ? I'm of the belief that at that age if you can break into our first team then you're automatically worth 4million (I may be biased)

A lot of sense in what you’re saying my man 👍

I'm of the belief that at that age if you can break into our first team then you're automatically worth 4million (I may be biased)
Well, that may be. Transfermarkt-dot-com has him valued at 750K.

Well, Broony I guess, and who else?

When Celtic first began way back in the day.....we nicked their best players and they have never forgiven us for it.....if you research the early days of our history it makes for interesting reading.....there was also bad blood when the Hibs chairman and others.....tried to have the Irish tricolour removed from Celtic Park which we refused to do.....Bob Kelly the Celtic chairman at the time said he would close Celtic before he would let this happen.....and believe it or not it was Rangers at the time that came to our aid to stop this happening.....makes interesting reading

Saw an article this morning saying Celtic fans were critical of Lubo for indicating that Sporar was a class act. The article stated that Celtic fans said that 'he said the same about Bayo'. I am not sure who these Celtic fans are because Lubo's article about Bayo was not that overtly complimentary. I recall he said, that he thought Bayo was a bit off the skill level and composure required for Celtic but could develop etc etc. I recall hoping he was wrong. I think with Sporar (who we seem to have dithered over in the transfer market again) Lubo is indicating he is a different league and he has composure, skill and is strong. Now we have to believe he prefers Sporting Lisbon - aye diz eh - more crap.

However, what is Lennie about with this 'nip and tuck' nonsense - the only reason we are nip and tuck with The Rangers is we have dithered repeatedly in transfer markets and we have too many injuries. We do not have enough quality strikers and Lennie played guys like Morgan over and over at the expense of Sinclair. What was the strategy there then - now we have sold Morgan on? I think it was time for Scotty to leave but we need experience in that team. Glad I got that off my chest before going to work. 😂

Looks like it's going to be the usual tranfer window...lennon says he wanted new faces to join us in Dubai. Everyone knows we need to strengthen. There will be no new faces in Dubai. Then as the window ends, with no new faces, Lennon will do Lawwels bidding and tell us all that our squad is strong enough and he didnt need anyone 🙄

With the fresh injury set backs it appears we will exit the winter break with El hammed, Rogic and MJ in similar states of fitness. Elyounoussi just had his protective boot removed, add Christie with his ban and injury and we are at best 1month away from all of the above being available and not necessarily match sharp and fit.
The positive side of it is we have 4 games taking us up to the 12th of February. SPL it's all low table 8th - 12th and Partick in the cup 8th in the championship to contend with.
There are a few in the squad that have bumps and knocks that hopefully will come through and be in better shape after the break.
Morgan seems offski, Sinclair gone, bayo and Griff (who knows).
It's still 8 attacking players if you add the above mentioned that won't be 100% potentially till our euro fixture on the 20th.
This leaves us with a struggling for fitness Hayes and out of favor shved as cover. One will have to start unless McGregor is pushed to play left mid. NB to partner brown and ntcham as AM (a position I don't rate him and would prefer calmac there if he isn't pushed to play left of the front three).
It's beginning to look a bit threadbare with a genuine lack of cover for the 1st 11 and a bench that will need to be occupied by players not up to speed.
If Bayo/Griff/Shved/kouassi aren't going to be trusted with starts and the youth team players not ready to provide reliable first 11 cover we need minimum 3 players. A defensive minded box to box player, an anywhere across the front 3 type and a striker.
I have no doubts this will be Lennys minimum requirements shopping list.
It shouldn't make a difference but the Moose moving on, added to Sinkys wages leaves no excuses.

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be the usual tranfer window...lennon says he wanted new faces to join us in Dubai. Everyone knows we need to strengthen. There will be no new faces in Dubai. Then as the window ends, with no new faces, Lennon will do Lawwels bidding and tell us all that our squad is strong enough and he didnt need anyone 🙄
I still believe we will bring quality. There is no choice. Now with more players injured and a few leaving, there is more need and before these latest injuries we needed at least four players. Lennon and Lawells jaikits are on shaky nails if we fuck ourselves up and let a deed club with no money to win the league.
They have to act. And I feel they will, or pay the consequences with their jobs. It's self preservation. The only thing that truly motivates Lawell. Hang on in there. They will come.

Well, that may be. Transfermarkt-dot-com has him valued at 750K.

Transfermarket.com I've noticed before very rarely give the player the correct value. Perhaps transfermarket are correct with their lower valuations and the 'real world valuations' are ridiculously high. Either way they very rarely have the same valuation in my experience of the site. You need only look at French eddy on the site and hes worth €7.5 million (not £). So something is either not right or its a reflection of shares in the player. Theres definitely not a chance the eddys valuation has gone down, more like his value has triple trebled at least 🙂

Back