January Transfer Window Thread

You twa are like the offspring coaches of Brian Clough.
You defender win it then....give the ball to someone who can play, a midfielder probably, midfielder pass it to winger....you run up the wing and cross it....you striker get on that cross and score, got that? Go then.

Don't know if you have seen the Marc Crossly interviews about his Notts Forrest days under Clough, check them oot it's pretty funny.
Not at all mate. i was just a selfish bandit who was very aware if we finished the game with nil it would be entirely my fault. As such give me space and the ball when I asked for it and not a second later. I could do modern fitba, but i'd be elbowing my own players out my space as well as the opposition.
That said send me that link. :)
Crossley was my kinda keeper. Filled the goal and then some that boy!

You know whit I'll give Ajer the thumbs up at right back......even if it's just to stop you going on and on about it! Oh and told ye a back 3 was a bag o shite! 😂(y)

Aye I thought Soro was immense mate, Julien especially looked more settled with Soro in front of him breaking up their attacks and getting the early blocks in.
Agreed. The three was a fuck up of an opinion :ROFLMAO:

Great wee player but hes still being plyd out of position, Calmacs never a defensive or a central holding midfielder.
We have plenty good final third midfielders, but lacking in genuine defensive midfielders & thats been obvious for seasons now.
Being hit for cheap goals will continue until a core defensive midfield partnership is established.

Concern is how NFL has missed the obvious? Overlooked Sorro!

Was NFL being enouraged / or told to play Ntcham ( for the shop window)?
We know NFL was being told to forget Rogic, as Pistol had done the math & offloaded, but we only know because Rogic said no thanks and NFL soon enough started picking him.
Are you the real DHoopster, as in DHoopster he who talked a lot of D shite, or have you been reincarnated as a Tim? What's the deal? Enquiring minds need to know.

Great wee player but hes still being plyd out of position, Calmacs never a defensive or a central holding midfielder.
We have plenty good final third midfielders, but lacking in genuine defensive midfielders & thats been obvious for seasons now.
Being hit for cheap goals will continue until a core defensive midfield partnership is established.

Concern is how NFL has missed the obvious? Overlooked Sorro!

Was NFL being enouraged / told to play Ntcham ( for the shop window)?
We know NFL was being told to forget Rogic, as Pistol had done the math, but we only know because Rogic said no thanks and NFL soon enough started picking him.
Funny thing about CalMac though, when Broony was out injured under the snake, he played a bit deeper but without defensive duties.

He was like a quarterback in the NFL, slinging passes aboot for fun, he was the closest thing to Pirlo that Scotland ever had.

But in true Celtic fashion, when Broony was fit, CalMac got shuttled oot to left-back against the huns????

Still trying to get my head round that one to this day?

Davis is playing that same role for that mob now. He plays deep, doesn't tackle and just slings decent balls around the pitch. Now who does Lenny have that can pull those same strings?

Funny thing about CalMac though, when Broony was out injured under the snake, he played a bit deeper but without defensive duties.

He was like a quarterback in the NFL, slinging passes aboot for fun, he was the closest thing to Pirlo that Scotland ever had.

But in true Celtic fashion, when Broony was fit, CalMac got shuttled oot to left-back against the huns????

Davis is playing that same role for that mob now. He plays deep, doesn't tackle and just slings decent balls around the pitch. Now who does Lenny have that can pull those same strings?
I think Calmac needs to sit further forward. He's been guilty on a few occasions recently of being the guy who makes the wrong decisions in defence. Further forward he can see and deploy that splitting pass behind the defence.

I always harp back to that mate, early in the snakes last season, we looked fantastic with Calmac in broons role, suddenly free flowing, fast football, killer passes, it was the future, then it stopped!
Must be fucking hard to drop Broony, hes given us so much and tries his baws aff for the team but we've seen what more of a play maker can do in that position.

If I made a highlight reel on YouTube of myself victor then I’d look good
The bhoy did fantastic so I’ll take your point
His highlight reel was different to the normal ones though mate, endless moments of interceptions, tackles & quick forward passes that were cutting teams open. It was obvious to anyone who had a clue about football that he was a player, unbelievable that tonight was his first competitive start, gross mismanagement in being too weak to drop the old guard is the only explanation.

Not at all mate. i was just a selfish bandit who was very aware if we finished the game with nil it would be entirely my fault. As such give me space and the ball when I asked for it and not a second later. I could do modern fitba, but i'd be elbowing my own players out my space as well as the opposition.
That said send me that link. :)
Crossley was my kinda keeper. Filled the goal and then some that boy!
I will post a couple on this thread Niall.

Back