January transfer window

dmac

I know it's only October but this January transfer window has the making of a season defining one. All eyes will be in the club to see wether we spend big to strengthen the team if we are not top of the league by then. If we are top does this change the thinking of how much to spend even though we should be planning for a push on getting into the C.L. It could also be a time in which the manager decided that if you don't get me the quality we need them I can't do the job and walk in which case Is well would come under a lot of pressure to resign from the backlash that would ensue. I hope we get in a couple of good quality players who will raise the teams game and see us push on and win the league and in the Summer add another couple and get into the C.L. and be able to hold our own and give the bigger teams a game

I know it's only October but this January transfer window has the making of a season defining one. All eyes will be in the club to see wether we spend big to strengthen the team if we are not top of the league by then. If we are top does this change the thinking of how much to spend even though we should be planning for a push on getting into the C.L. It could also be a time in which the manager decided that if you don't get me the quality we need them I can't do the job and walk in which case Is well would come under a lot of pressure to resign from the backlash that would ensue. I hope we get in a couple of good quality players who will raise the teams game and see us push on and win the league and in the Summer add another couple and get into the C.L. and be able to hold our own and give the bigger teams a game
That is what should happen, but it will not happen under Lawwell. The sooner this man goes the better.

Lawwell doesn't care what the fans think. If he did he wouldn't back SRTRC campaigns after the way they treated our manager and their lack of backing for Scott Sinclair...he didn't think about what the reaction would be over our summer tranfer window...he won't care in January either. If Brendan walks he won t give a shit. He will stay where he is and collect his massive wage and bonuses. The man cares only for cash. When he speaks, it's to tell us about the profits Celtic have made. Who gives a shit!!! If it's not on the pitch I couldn't care less. I'd support Celtic if we were in the bottom tier of football with no cash in the bank...but what i cant stand is when we are cash rich and able to bring in quality these parasites on the board chose not to so that they can line their pockets...I won't hold my breath for quality signings in January...it's more likely Lawwell is looking at who we can sell...?

Lawwell doesn't care what the fans think. If he did he wouldn't back SRTRC campaigns after the way they treated our manager and their lack of backing for Scott Sinclair...he didn't think about what the reaction would be over our summer tranfer window...he won't care in January either. If Brendan walks he won t give a shit. He will stay where he is and collect his massive wage and bonuses. The man cares only for cash. When he speaks, it's to tell us about the profits Celtic have made. Who gives a shit!!! If it's not on the pitch I couldn't care less. I'd support Celtic if we were in the bottom tier of football with no cash in the bank...but what i cant stand is when we are cash rich and able to bring in quality these parasites on the board chose not to so that they can line their pockets...I won't hold my breath for quality signings in January...it's more likely Lawwell is looking at who we can sell...?
I fully understand how you feel. But lets be realistic. Lawwells job is to look after the interest of the shareholders, as long as he turns a profit hes doing his job. Having said that it took a lot of empty spaces at Celtic Park for DD to grab the reins and bring in BR, so fan power can work. I often wonder if PL or BR or even DD reads these blogs, probably get a secretary to do it for them actually.

Boyata, Ntcham, Benkovic will all be gone by next summer. We need them replaced as well as a RB. We also need another striker and a creative midfielder would go amid either.

If we don’t scrimp that’s an outlay of £20+m. We will get that from Boyata and Ntcham. So our net spend won’t be too high to affect Lawell’s Bonus, so we might have a chance. These signings have to be bedded in before we take on CL qualification or we will kiss another £60m goodbye.

It should have been done, our start this year shows it must be done in January. No excuses.

Can see a lot of squad players either punted or pushed out the door in january some are just happy to sit tight but who could blame them

The main problem as ever is defence since Boyata threw is toys out the pram and then came back in he's been solid to the point we will miss him( wonder if we will try to extend his contract .

Benkovic was on our radar 3 yrs ago and we sat on our hands we can't afford him now and he could be off in january maybe he was brought in to show jozo that he's big jessie and to get his finger out

January will be a telling window good players don't tend to get punted in January and i wouldn't believe a word congerton says regarding players he's brought us duds so far

Would expect to see a defender from city group coming our way ( one we failed to get in the summer widow)if he does then we know where the balance of power sits

Can see a lot of squad players either punted or pushed out the door in january some are just happy to sit tight but who could blame them

The main problem as ever is defence since Boyata threw is toys out the pram and then came back in he's been solid to the point we will miss him( wonder if we will try to extend his contract .

Benkovic was on our radar 3 yrs ago and we sat on our hands we can't afford him now and he could be off in january maybe he was brought in to show jozo that he's big jessie and to get his finger out

January will be a telling window good players don't tend to get punted in January and i wouldn't believe a word congerton says regarding players he's brought us duds so far

Would expect to see a defender from city group coming our way ( one we failed to get in the summer widow)if he does then we know where the balance of power sits

I doubt Benkovic even speaks to him as he jumped ship and now plays for Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Members online

Latest posts

Back