Jonny Hayes signals Celtic exit with emotional Instagram message

Jonny Hayes signals Celtic exit with emotional Instagram message...

I've made my feelings well known before on this hard working grafter - he maybe isn't the best player at Parkhead, but I think he is a positive for us as a squad player who covers a couple of positions and always tries his best whenever he pulls on the famous hoops. Maybe he isn't good enough against European opposition but I think he is important in the bread-and-butter games against hammer throwers and on plastic pitches in the league.

Financially I think it is a no-brainer to keep him as he must be better value for money than this stream of young foreign "projects" we buy, too many of them don't make the grade for us.

This season of all seasons we will need no nonsense battles who will get stuck in a fight hard for the shirt. He always gives it 100% every single time he pulls on his beloved hoops, like a true fan, and I think we need that in at least some of our players.

I've made my feelings well known before on this hard working grafter - he maybe isn't the best player at Parkhead, but I think he is a positive for us as a squad player who covers a couple of positions and always tries his best whenever he pulls on the famous hoops. Maybe he isn't good enough against European opposition but I think he is important in the bread-and-butter games against hammer throwers and on plastic pitches in the league.

Financially I think it is a no-brainer to keep him as he must be better value for money than this stream of young foreign "projects" we buy, too many of them don't make the grade for us.

This season of all seasons we will need no nonsense battles who will get stuck in a fight hard for the shirt. He always gives it 100% every single time he pulls on his beloved hoops, like a true fan, and I think we need that in at least some of our players.
Indeed Bridie Bhoy, I was coming on to start a thread re Jonny Hayes but beaten to it. Like you I believe that a battler of Jonny's ilk is a must, and I did think that another year was the least he should 've got for his efforts. Always there when the grit and hard stuff was required. For me I simply say Jonny you are a worthy wearer of the Hoops, Stay safe and wherever it is you play Hunskelpin is in you're blood keep it up. HAIL HAIL

Indeed Bridie Bhoy, I was coming on to start a thread re Jonny Hayes but beaten to it. Like you I believe that a battler of Jonny's ilk is a must, and I did think that another year was the least he should 've got for his efforts. Always there when the grit and hard stuff was required. For me I simply say Jonny you are a worthy wearer of the Hoops, Stay safe and wherever it is you play Hunskelpin is in you're blood keep it up. HAIL HAIL
Aye Nick. The season before we signed him he was the only non-Celt in the 4 nominees for player of the year, so he has a lot of skill as well as fight.

He admitted he was overwhelmed when he joined us and struggled, but he gaining self-belief and was coming onto a game when he broke his leg. He then fought back to deserved and deserved all the honours he helped to win for us.

Like too many players we've bought from other Scottish clubs in the last 10-15 years he has been written off by too many very vocal fans as being "not fit to wear the hoops" - Leigh Griffiths faced a lot of hostility from many fans before he won them over.

Johnny was a fan who lived the dream and scored a last minute goal in a victory at Ibrokes. Thanks!

Aye Nick. The season before we signed him he was the only non-Celt in the 4 nominees for player of the year, so he has a lot of skill as well as fight.

He admitted he was overwhelmed when he joined us and struggled, but he gaining self-belief and was coming onto a game when he broke his leg. He then fought back to deserved and deserved all the honours he helped to win for us.

Like too many players we've bought from other Scottish clubs in the last 10-15 years he has been written off by too many very vocal fans as being "not fit to wear the hoops" - Leigh Griffiths faced a lot of hostility from many fans before he won them over.

Johnny was a fan who lived the dream and scored a last minute goal in a victory at Ibrokes. Thanks!

Jonny Hayes is a very versitile player and, yeah, everyone remembers him scoring at Ibrox this season, but what I like to remember him for this season was vaulting the sign at Hamilton for a throw in, getting the ball to McGregor who passed it back, and Hayes passed it up to Christie to cross to Jullien to put us up 2-1.

Like Lustig last year, hate to see Hayes go.

Jonny Hayes is a very versitile player and, yeah, everyone remembers him scoring at Ibrox this season, but what I like to remember him for this season was vaulting the sign at Hamilton for a throw in, getting the ball to McGregor who passed it back, and Hayes passed it up to Christie to cross to Jullien to put us up 2-1.

Like Lustig last year, hate to see Hayes go.

Great shout Larry HH

Awww jeez........this one saddens the heart. Not only is he a versatile asset to the team, but he seems like the type of fella who would be a great role model to some of the younger lads, especially regarding work rate and application.

For as much as Glasgow is the beating heart of Celtic, I personally enjoy it when we have Irish representation too. We don't have a shortage of that at the moment, but I'd have liked to have thought there was still a vacancy available for the likes of Jonny Hayes.

I appreciate that he has to do what's best for his career and family, but it is with no little sadness that I'll watch him take his leave. As has often been the case, sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone and I fear this may be the case in this instance.

Whatever happens going forward, Jonny played his part in creating history. I wish the Dub nothing but the best.

That’s sad news, a great whole hearted utility player for us, never let us down, the 60 yard run for the goal in the last minutes against the Huns shows the desire he has, Surely there can be a years extension, he is the type of player we need the run in for 10, he gets being player for Celtic totally

Last edited:
Jonny Hayes signals Celtic exit with emotional Instagram message...

Blood and guts never left anything on the pitch,hail and farewell to a true Celt good luck Jonny

Members online

Latest posts

Back