Junior Lawwell

Gary67

Rumoured to be working his notice (from KDS).
Good if true, but how long does his notice period last and how does this affect summer recruitment?
Would anyone half decent want the job when they will need to work within the parameters set by Lawwell Sir and approved by the absent landlord?
Director of Football in charge of the footballing operation as a whole, top to bottom, recruitment, youth development, medical, sport science, analysis, is what's required but will never happen as long as we remain Desmond's trinket and run by Lawwell.

4 transfer windows, 21 players (excluding those already at club on loan to buy) and 1 first pick, first team player, Alistair Johnston. You could argue Aaron Mooy but I'm sure that was Ange's signing and took no scouting involvement.
Shocking indictment on Junior, the scouting network (if there is one) and the club as a whole (particularly his father).

Hopefully, this is true and we get shut of this useless work experience novice. And I mean out of the club completely. Not shifted sideways, to some new, well paid position, created by daddy, just for him. And with no 'golden handshake' involved. I just hope his father hasn't another immediate step up waiting. I would put him on immediate gardening leave. No hanging around to do more damage. This clown has been a disaster. As good an example of the Peter principle, as you are ever likely to encounter.

Last edited:
Even if he isn't working his notice then he should still be out the door asap. He has been abysmal in overseeing our recruitment programme, and if it wasn't for the rampant nepotism within our club he would never have been employed in this role or stayed in it after repeated failures.

Get him to feck and do it now. Then employ someone competent and with suitable experience to help us bring in better players. Do it now do that come 1st July we can get several quality players registered so they can join their new colleagues as soon as possible (this may well be after the Euros).

Alternatively, promote the ex-golf shop pro into the position because you are buddies with his Daddy.

I think daddy's protection has started to run out, and he has advised him to go. His inadequies are bringing too much focus on the board. The scrutiny and pressure is only going to get worse. No matter how this season ends, he is going to be rightly castigated as the biggest waste of space at Celtic, in a long time. Up there with the worst. A total imposter. And an utter failure.

Last edited:
I think daddy's protection has started to run out, and he has advised him to go. His inadequies are bringing too much focus on the board. The scrutiny and pressure is only going to get worse. No matter how this season ends, he is going to be rightly castigated as the biggest waste of space at Celtic, in a long time. Up there with the worst. A total imposter.
I suspect PL is throwing the seed of his his own bawbag under the bus because he is bringing even more much deserved flack and scrutiny on Daddy.

I suspect PL is throwing the seed of his his own bawbag under the bus because he is bringing even more much deserved flack and scrutiny on Daddy.
You can be sure there is a plan BB. Pound to a penny, he ends up with a job in the security of UEFA. Peter's other fiefdom. And after a couple of years, reappears in the reincarnation of a footballing guru. One that no club can do without. Again with a questionable CV in tow. Full of fancy sounding job titles, but no substance to back it up. Just as when he was 'headhunted' from obscurity with Manchester City, to end up working with us. Daddy gets to work again. Contacts. Hopefully he ends up at the Cesspit. Working for the club daddy has devoted his life to keeping alive.

Last edited:
These Vampires never stay still for long! Celtic is their graveyard and they will suck the life out of us to put a £1 in their bank. The fact PL is still at our club after the 10, highlights how money counts more than success for DD. None of them can lie flat in a bed, so twisted are they by money and power. Our club is far better than these people. They drive us to the bottom to prove their power, just like those that put us on ships. They are the David Murrays of celtic! sell their soul for £1

Members online

Latest posts

Back