Karamoko Dembele

Winter

Having just witnessed probably Celtic's best transfer window for a long time , and definitely the best one ever under Peter lawell, for the quality of player that we have brought into the club and those we managed to keep at the club as well, i have had to stop for a moment and spare a thought for those talented youngsters who came through the academy only to find themselves (like many other players up and down the UK ) who have been released as many clubs including Celtic have had to trim the numbers of players on the books. Players like young Calvin Miller , released and now thankfully hes got a contract with the newly promoted Harrogate Town, all members on the Celtic noise would be well aware of Calvin's ability as a winger , it was unfortunate that his breakthrough into the senior side came under Brendan Rodgers who inexplicably thought that he saw a left back in Calvin who would have to compete with a certain Kieran Tierney, one of , if not the best our academy has ever produced . Needless to say that switch of position didnt work out, and Calvin made a handful of first team appearances before returning to the youth set up along with a few loan moves and now we all wish him the very best in this new chapter of his career. Other talented players were also let go for various different reasons such as Kundai Benyu to national league club wealdstone , Eboue kouassi, jack Aitchison amongst others . The point of this post though is to focus upon young Karamoko Dembele who signed incredibly in 2013 and is still only 17 years old, slight of stature but this gives him a low centre of gravity allowing him to spin on a sixpence and coast by opposition players like they weren't there. Great then , fantastic even, except the young 17 year old Englishman karamoko, having made a sub appearance for the senior side and impressing has found it tough to make the breakthrough in this season of all seasons and now with only a year left on his contract will be free to talk to other clubs about signing a pre'-contract agreement in January . This is alarming to say the least and the club must act to sign the youngster on a longer contract and keep him at the club, we all know what a talent he is and the board simply have to get the bhoy signed up and not lose another outstanding young talent like we have of late to the likes of bayern Munich etc., this is a bhoy we simply cannot afford to lose under any circumstances , so come on peter your work is not over just yet . ☘

Alas winter as has been said now for some time, there is no structure for these young lads in Scottish football. I have liked the look of several of our young players when they are given a cameo role in the first team but I don't think I have seen one that I would be knocking down buildings for to see them involved every week. In fact so far I can only think of Corpus as a youngster who we've invited back to utilise after a loan and few of our academy are making it big anywhere. Andy Robertson never even got a sniff at any contract. To be honest I don't know enough about our youth structure but I have never been able to understand why we and many other clubs have not been pouring over the Ajax model for years and maybe employing someone from Ajax to oversee a restructuring. Naw?

Alas winter as has been said now for some time, there is no structure for these young lads in Scottish football. I have liked the look of several of our young players when they are given a cameo role in the first team but I don't think I have seen one that I would be knocking down buildings for to see them involved every week. In fact so far I can only think of Corpus as a youngster who we've invited back to utilise after a loan and few of our academy are making it big anywhere. Andy Robertson never even got a sniff at any contract. To be honest I don't know enough about our youth structure but I have never been able to understand why we and many other clubs have not been pouring over the Ajax model for years and maybe employing someone from Ajax to oversee a restructuring. Naw?
Aye agree with that about the ajax structure but it's not only the youth set up they spend a lot on quality players, something were beginning to do in recent windows. Also Dembele is only 17 and even from his sub appearance for the senior side i believe hes worth a punt for another 3 years , look at players like Ryan Fraser hes not much taller but because he is older now hes bulked up

I guess the reason he isn't playing is because despite the hype maybe he isn't that good? Plus jeremie Frimpong is already the player we all hoped karamoko would become.
The boy Miller never impressed me much but i remember a time when Callum McGregor didnt look all that great either and hes probably the best midfielder in Scotland now .As for young Dembele as Andy said above maybe hes been over hyped?Whole different ballgame looking good in the reserves to playing first team football,dont get me wrong i did see him scare the shit out of Hearts a while back.Just shows how good Messi was breaking into a great Barca team at the age of 16!

If the lad wants first team football then imo thats healthy sign.

Aloan move to someone who can give him first team football might be a good option for his development but it needs to be a team better than our youth teams imo.

At minute I dont think he good experienced enough in adult football and if he was talented enough presently then im certain lennon would be giving him more time on pitch.

Just so tiny for me, a bit like the wee hearts midfielder v Scott Brown challenge.

he hasn't looked a player since that game.

young players can lose a lot of confidence if thrown in too early. but it can work other way too if they have the right personality traits.

some wee guys thrive when they take ego jolt, others fold.

As far as I am concerned I think young dembele is been groomed as another frimpong even as a possible replacement or even cover now. We all know that they are very bid boots to fill with no idea if he is capable of doing so. Would any of us be happy if we were to rest frimpong to give dembele a go in a season where so much is at stake and the challenges so huge, if the young lad was not ready for it.
I personally think he has huge potential and so must the club or else I think he would have been loaned out.
It is a ruthless world, of football especially for the young lad to break through at a huge and successful club like ours, and if he can't then it is all about restarting a career elsewhere and even then nothing is guaranteed, just look at Patrick Roberts.
Man City never done him any favours by pricing him out of a move to us.
I would like to think and hope the club remain constant and if these young players are deemed not good enough to make that breakthrough with us then we give them every opportunity to still resurrect a career as long as they don't come back to haunt us.
For dembele i hope he can remain patient and wait for his opertunity as it should come along, then it will be down to him to take that chance, and the same applies to all our young players

Having just witnessed probably Celtic's best transfer window for a long time , and definitely the best one ever under Peter lawell, for the quality of player that we have brought into the club and those we managed to keep at the club as well, i have had to stop for a moment and spare a thought for those talented youngsters who came through the academy only to find themselves (like many other players up and down the UK ) who have been released as many clubs including Celtic have had to trim the numbers of players on the books. Players like young Calvin Miller , released and now thankfully hes got a contract with the newly promoted Harrogate Town, all members on the Celtic noise would be well aware of Calvin's ability as a winger , it was unfortunate that his breakthrough into the senior side came under Brendan Rodgers who inexplicably thought that he saw a left back in Calvin who would have to compete with a certain Kieran Tierney, one of , if not the best our academy has ever produced . Needless to say that switch of position didnt work out, and Calvin made a handful of first team appearances before returning to the youth set up along with a few loan moves and now we all wish him the very best in this new chapter of his career. Other talented players were also let go for various different reasons such as Kundai Benyu to national league club wealdstone , Eboue kouassi, jack Aitchison amongst others . The point of this post though is to focus upon young Karamoko Dembele who signed incredibly in 2013 and is still only 17 years old, slight of stature but this gives him a low centre of gravity allowing him to spin on a sixpence and coast by opposition players like they weren't there. Great then , fantastic even, except the young 17 year old Englishman karamoko, having made a sub appearance for the senior side and impressing has found it tough to make the breakthrough in this season of all seasons and now with only a year left on his contract will be free to talk to other clubs about signing a pre'-contract agreement in January . This is alarming to say the least and the club must act to sign the youngster on a longer contract and keep him at the club, we all know what a talent he is and the board simply have to get the bhoy signed up and not lose another outstanding young talent like we have of late to the likes of bayern Munich etc., this is a bhoy we simply cannot afford to lose under any circumstances , so come on peter your work is not over just yet . ☘
I'd hazard a guess that his attitude towards engineering a move away, before he's proved himself has a lot to do with it mate.

He's been well looked after by the Club up till his apparent transfer request, and if his future is elsewhere, surely the guys who are commited; ie Frimpong and Jamesy deserve all the minutes.

too many similarities to the Islam Feruz situation. look how that turned out for him.

Agents and money are ruining this Sport.
They make these young players believe in all the hype.
They unsettle them with promises of astronomical riches and Worldwide fame, when they havent even learned the game or matured enough to know what it takes to play week in/ week out and all the pressures that come with it.

The fact that he chose England over his adopted Country set the tone for me, and I've already written him off as a future player in Hoops.

Be interesting to see how his career develops.

I'd hazard a guess that his attitude towards engineering a move away, before he's proved himself has a lot to do with it mate.

He's been well looked after by the Club up till his apparent transfer request, and if his future is elsewhere, surely the guys who are commited; ie Frimpong and Jamesy deserve all the minutes.

too many similarities to the Islam Feruz situation. look how that turned out for him.

Agents and money are ruining this Sport.
They make these young players believe in all the hype.
They unsettle them with promises of astronomical riches and Worldwide fame, when they havent even learned the game or matured enough to know what it takes to play week in/ week out and all the pressures that come with it.

The fact that he chose England over his adopted Country set the tone for me, and I've already written him off as a future player in Hoops.

Be interesting to see how his career develops.q
Good points Kevin, to be honest I forgot about the transfer request, so your right if he thinks he is that good then he needs to prove it on the training pitch. If he can't or won't then we will still move on with or without him

If the lad wants first team football then imo thats healthy sign.

Aloan move to someone who can give him first team football might be a good option for his development but it needs to be a team better than our youth teams imo.

At minute I dont think he good experienced enough in adult football and if he was talented enough presently then im certain lennon would be giving him more time on pitch.

Just so tiny for me, a bit like the wee hearts midfielder v Scott Brown challenge.

he hasn't looked a player since that game.

young players can lose a lot of confidence if thrown in too early. but it can work other way too if they have the right personality traits.

some wee guys thrive when they take ego jolt, others fold.
think his brothers playing first team football ahead of him has gave his ego a bit of a knock , he needs to knuckledown play his way into contention ,not throw the dummy out and move on

He's a talent, no doubt, but he's playing a man's game, and it's how he conducts himself on and off the park and in training, interacting with seasoned professionals and staff, that counts
The lack of reserve football has been detrimental to the game in Scotland
I hope he stays but if not, hey ho, life goes on and in spite of all the hype, nobody is bigger, than the club as a lot of players have found out, to their cost
Too many kids have shone brightly in the game, only for their start to fade after their ego gets in the way
hpefully, he's getting some good advice and it can be worked our to be mutually beneficial to the club and him
HH

I think the wee man could come in for jamesy now we know hes gonny be out for couple a month canny believe hes only 17 either mate just wait till he bulks up as he gets older the boys gonny be shithot wit a player

Last edited:
Hopefully he gets a chance later on in games where we are a few goals up. We probably won't see Forrest until near the new year and we have to fit a LOT of matches in before then so need to protect Frimpong- especially with the hammerthrowers targeting him at every opportunity. Dembele could torment already beaten opponents with several 20 minute cameos. That gives him a chance to prove what he can do and will toughen him up.

Hopefully he gets a chance later on in games where we are a few goals up. We probably won't see Forrest until near the new year and we have to fit a LOT of matches in before then so need to protect Frimpong- especially with the hammerthrowers targeting him at every opportunity. Dembele could torment already beaten opponents with several 20 minute cameos. That gives him a chance to prove what he can do and will toughen him up.
Good shout I would like to protect frimpong more by playing dembele in the meant to be easier games wee frimpongs been bluttered about a few times this season already got to give the boy his due also cause he just gets rite up n gets on way it which is a great attitude to have in someone so young

Good shout I would like to protect frimpong more by playing dembele in the meant to be easier games wee frimpongs been bluttered about a few times this season already got to give the boy his due also cause he just gets rite up n gets on way it which is a great attitude to have in someone so young
Sometimes I wish he wouldn't bounce up so quickly. In the olden days players used to pretend they hadn't been hurt whereas now many spend 90 minutes exaggerating or inventing injuries which does my head in, so I'm not suggesting he fakes injury just let the ref know it was sore/dangerous. Because he always gets up so fast the refs always assume the foul couldn't have been too bad so they rarely get punished for their (often premeditated) hacks on Frimpong.

And some teams clearly have a rota to foul him in turn which must be a gameplan by their managers. I fear he will get hurt by one of these thugs because refs refuse to apply the rules to protect him.

He needs to fucking grow up, get his head straightened and show why he should play. Age has nothing to do with it. If he is good enough, then show it, or shut the fuck up. His videos of his amazing talent as a cild butter no parsnips in the professional game. He has the ability and if he wants a cautionary note, look at young Islam who thought he was better than he was. we have all been waiting t watch a world class player, well son, we're still waiting. The ball is literally in his court.

Members online

Latest posts

Back