Killie v Celtic cup semi.

Juranovic doesn't want to be there his heid is fcuked...no chance we should pick him. I'll say it again Bernabei is there for a reason I don't get this square peg shit.
100%, young Bernabei deserves a run in the team, if Greg Taylor is out for a while
It;ll help build his confidence and et him know that the coaching staff trusts him
Brought in as a left back, play him in his position
Nothing against JJ, he's been a great servant for us, but he's a right back and if he goes, he goes with my blessing
And no more of the bombscare across the six yard box between Joe Hart and the defenders, that stuff gives me the fear
I'd give Benjy a start as he's a big unit who can handle the crosses into the box and doesn't shy away from the physical stuff
He'd wipe the floor with that long streak of paralyzed pish Sclafferty
COYBIG

100%, young Bernabei deserves a run in the team, if Greg Taylor is out for a while
It;ll help build his confidence and et him know that the coaching staff trusts him
Brought in as a left back, play him in his position
Nothing against JJ, he's been a great servant for us, but he's a right back and if he goes, he goes with my blessing
And no more of the bombscare across the six yard box between Joe Hart and the defenders, that stuff gives me the fear
I'd give Benjy a start as he's a big unit who can handle the crosses into the box and doesn't shy away from the physical stuff
He'd wipe the floor with that long streak of paralyzed pish Sclafferty
COYBIG
I agree about Bernabei. He has mostly played well for us so far it is just that Taylor has improved so much. Last week wasn't his best but defensively he was sound. Play a left back at left back. But Bernabei isn't too big though - he is just over 5 foot 10.

Juranovic has done well for us and if he leaves for a big profit then fine. And if he stays and his head is OK then we have one of the stars of Qatar 22 in our team.

Due to the astonishing level of consistency in modern times, we've become accustomed to semi- finals.How very fortunate we are.
These games can sometimes be a bit nervy given what's at stake. So, for me, attitude and desire are as important as ability today.
What has gone before is history; this includes our game against them last week. Get our heads right, and we'll have another final to look forward to.
We know what to expect.

With Seigrist having been injured, think I wouldn't be surprised if Ange gave Bain a run out seeing he was on the bench at Mordor.

I've yet to get any starting XI of Ange's correct all season, 2 away being the closest I've come.

Bernabei I think he'll start, and possibly big Mercedes getting a start.

This being a semi final though and hearing how much importance Ange has given the league cup in the press recently, because of the impetus and confidence winning the first trophy of the season ( last term) gave to the team in terms of belief in what he wants from them and that they can play this way, he might name one of our strongest starting XIs to make sure we are in that final.

In other words, not really got a clue about the starting XI, dont remember a Celtic manager who has been able to keep us all guessing so much game to game about who shall start.

Would be great to see a demolition job but I'll accept a place in the final by any scoreline just not extra time or penalties please.

The wide spaces of Hampden should play into the way we play I'd have thought .
I expect killie to have more of a go than last week because of the one off nature of the cup game but once we get in front I could see Mcinnes reverting to packing his defence , Buchanan street bus station style and try to counter us when our attack breaks down.

Not going to attempt to predict the starting XI so I'll just predict the score and on that one I'm feeling comfortable enough to predict a 4-0 victory for the hoops.

COYBIG HH ☘

Due to the astonishing level of consistency in modern times, we've become accustomed to semi- finals.How very fortunate we are.
These games can sometimes be a bit nervy given what's at stake. So, for me, attitude and desire are as important as ability today.
What has gone before is history; this includes our game against them last week. Get our heads right, and we'll have another final to look forward to.
We know what to expect.
The most important thing about a cup tie is getting through to the next round. Then no injuries and then no suspensions. Things like an exciting performance, a big win or getting it right up folks like Lafferty, MacInnes, Power, etc are bonuses.

I suspect it will be closer than we would like but will pull away later on. It will be tough and nasty but I would love to batter those anti-football bassas (MacInnes started with a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders last week, FFS!).

The most important thing about a cup tie is getting through to the next round. Then no injuries and then no suspensions. Things like an exciting performance, a big win or getting it right up folks like Lafferty, MacInnes, Power, etc are bonuses.

I suspect it will be closer than we would like but will pull away later on. It will be tough and nasty but I would love to batter those anti-football bassas (MacInnes started with a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders last week, FFS!).
I wonder if McInnes will go with this new 2 goalkeepers system?

Back