Kilmarnock v Celtic, Another Plastic Pitch, Sunday 10th December, 12 noon kick off

Gary67

Live on Sky Sports Football
Another game on the horrible, anti-football surface at Kilmarnock. Difficult game, as the League Cup defeat proved.
Even if CCV is fit he may not be risked given his substitution in midweek. If that's the case then hopefully Nawrocki or even Lagerbielke get a start rather than Phillips who looks like Shane Duffy Mark II. Given those options CCV will most probably be risked. Taylor played in Wednesday although he had flu according to BR so hopefully he's OK for Sunday, the last thing we need is Bernabei getting a roasting from Armstrong again.

Hart
Johnston CCV Scales Taylor
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Kyogo Oh Palma

Heavy rain on Sunday could be helpful for us as the pitch should at least be slick rather than the bone dry pitch they usually try to have when they play us there.

A 3-1 win after a first half slog, a bit like last Sunday.

Had to laugh this morning, Kevin Bridges was on Radio 2s Zoe Ball breakfast show. So the sports reporter comes on an says to him, "so your team Celtic are away to Kilmarnock this Sunday Kevin. Whats your thoughts on the game?".
"Oh you mean we're away playing on the worse surface in football history, best pies, worse pitch. It's not quite football as we know it".
Get in kev' :LOL::LOL:.

Another game on the horrible, anti-football surface at Kilmarnock. Difficult game, as the League Cup defeat proved.
Even if CCV is fit he may not be risked given his substitution in midweek. If that's the case then hopefully Nawrocki or even Lagerbielke get a start rather than Phillips who looks like Shane Duffy Mark II. Given those options CCV will most probably be risked. Taylor played in Wednesday although he had flu according to BR so hopefully he's OK for Sunday, the last thing we need is Bernabei getting a roasting from Armstrong again.

Hart
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Kyogo Oh Palma

Heavy rain on Sunday could be helpful for us as the pitch should at least be slick rather than the bone dry pitch they usually try to have when they play us there.

I wouldn't risk CCV at all. Iwata surely has to start, but the last time he put in a couple of excellent performances he was then dropped for the next month, so who knows?

I'd love Kyogo & Oh to start together upfront, but BR won't do it. That being the case then I'd start Oh as he is more physical and I would try to avoid risking Kyogo on that disgrace of a pitch if at all possible - if he falls awkwardly on that green concrete then he could put his shoulder out.

Nat Phillips has not got going at all and he reminds me of Shane Duffy as well as he lumbers about misplacing passes. Might BR go for a 3 at the back seeing as AJ has played that before and get an extra player in midfield to counteract their deep-lying bus-parking anti-football? Probably not.

Hart
AJ...Nawrocki...Scales...Taylor
O'Riley...Iwata...CalMac
Mikey J...Oh...Palma​

I think he might give MJ another chance to impress - if he doesn't take this one then he will almost certainly be punted in January in my opinion. He MUST start running at defenders and worst-case scenario is he may get tripped up for free kicks high up the pitch if he can't get off his crosses.

It will be a tough slog, with horrible conditions and I suspect Jamesie will come on and score again. 1-3 away win for me.

Ditto re CCV, could maybe add Palma into that scenario also...

Get Scales in with the fitter of Nawrocki or Lagerbhoy and with it being that crap pitch ironically I think it suits Turnbull more than the others in midfield, so thats him oot 🤣Not sure I'd start Tony on the left either, hopefully Taylor is ok... And its gonna be either or up front...

So if Brendan goes 433 then its..

Big Joe

AJ Rocky Scales Taylor..

Calmac O'Riely Iwata

Yang Oh Palma.

0 v 4 Celtic, goals by Palma Oh O'Riely and Scales...

Bet of the day Celtic to win by 4 or more and O'Riely to score anytime...

I wouldn't risk CCV at all. Iwata surely has to start, but the last time he put in a couple of excellent performances he was then dropped for the next month, so who knows?

I'd love Kyogo & Oh to start together upfront, but BR won't do it. That being the case then I'd start Oh as he is more physical and I would try to avoid risking Kyogo on that disgrace of a pitch if at all possible - if he falls awkwardly on that green concrete then he could put his shoulder out.

Nat Phillips has not got going at all and he reminds me of Shane Duffy as well as he lumbers about misplacing passes. Might BR go for a 3 at the back seeing as AJ has played that before and get an extra player in midfield to counteract their deep-lying bus-parking anti-football? Probably not.

Hart
AJ...Nawrocki...Scales...Taylor
O'Riley...Iwata...CalMac
Mikey J...Oh...Palma​

I think he might give MJ another chance to impress - if he doesn't take this one then he will almost certainly be punted in January in my opinion. He MUST start running at defenders and worst-case scenario is he may get tripped up for free kicks high up the pitch if he can't get off his crosses.

It will be a tough slog, with horrible conditions and I suspect Jamesie will come on and score again. 1-3 away win for me.
Cant see Nawrocki playing. Not just going by what BR said but he hasn't played since August so it's too risky to bring him back onto that abomination of a pitch. Lagerbielke more likely to start or be on the bench given he'll be used to laying on plastic pitches in Sweden. Unfortunately it'll be Phillips if no risks are taken on CCV. And that's a huge worry if he starts.

Can’t remember how long thier pitch has been down but you can see where it’s worn in places so playing on it is a nightmare even Killy can’t play on it and they play and train on it the surface cause injuries repeatedly something that Celtic don’t need so hope we don’t risk anyone who is a borderline risk, haveing said that can’t see Celtic getting beat the team is beginning to show a bit of form which should see them through even thou it will be the same bus parked and a 15 man defence

Hart
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Kyogo Oh Palma

Gaz yir back yoor no allowed a day off again the TiT that done the last Seterday game wiz shite and that wiz doon to you
Love the TiT
Agree the pitch is pish rain will help but the players better be ready for a physical assault course.
I’m on a 3-1 score Joe Hart hat trick you heard it 👂 first
Mon the Hoops

HH🍀

Gaz yir back yoor no allowed a day off again the TiT that done the last Seterday game wiz shite and that wiz doon to you
Love the TiT
Agree the pitch is pish rain will help but the players better be ready for a physical assault course.
I’m on a 3-1 score Joe Hart hat trick you heard it 👂 first
Mon the Hoops

HH🍀
I think we should rest big Joe too. 😮

FOOTBALL SHOULD BE PLAYED ON GRASS NOT A PLASTIC FUCKING CARPETS.

Aye, think players will be up for it & will go at it from the off, would leave CCV out & have Kyogo on the bench. It's a cert Del a Hun will double park the bus & rely on punting it long for Big Vassel tae try a cause our Cen Def problems.

Pies 0-3 Celtic, OH 👒 trick.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️MON THE HOOPS☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hopefully this might be one of our last matches on that fecking worn out rug. Killlie have applied to relay a grass pitch, so fingers crossed it goes ahead and we never see this horrorshow again. IF he has recovered from the flu then Taylor has to start. He thrived on the plastic pitch as a Killie player so he to be my first name on the teamsheet every time we visit Killie or Livi.

Hopefully this might be one of our last matches on that fecking worn out rug. Killlie have applied to relay a grass pitch, so fingers crossed it goes ahead and we never see this horrorshow again. IF he has recovered from the flu then Taylor has to start. He thrived on the plastic pitch as a Killie player so he to be my first name on the teamsheet every time we visit Killie or Livi.
So if Killie get grass and livi get relegated we have a plastic free zone 😀

No reason for it not to be the same starting 11 apart from CCV. It'll probably be Philips, but I rather see Ralston at CB if Lager and Rocky are deemed not up to it.

Hart
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Kyogo Oh Palma

Am sure nawrocki got the injury that’s kept him out from that shithole plastic thing!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Back