KT situation

TTQtKK⚠️

Been a decent transfer window so far and club have definitely been more open on what's happening.
I'm all for that!
Have to say I am gutted at how pragmatic we are being when it comes to KT. Got to the point I'm hoping the poor Bhoy will fail a medical for the next two months FFS! Don't get me started on CalMac :(

Definitely BBB, KT is a great player for us and been pretty much doing it all by himself on the left for the last three years. Boy must be knackered. Hopefully we have them both for a champions league campaign this year. (y)
Thought Moussa and Eddie were going to run amok last year, hopefully we'll see two upfront more often this season. Wonder if big Bayo can be a good foil for Eddie or Griff.

I'm confident of the relationship between KT and the club. He'll never bang the door down or throw his toys "oot the pram" for a move but I think the club have enough respect for him to keep him advised if any BIG hitters come in for him ( Not Arsenal KT is better than that ) and leave the decision in his hands :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
You're 100% correct, can't imagine KT working his ticket. Must be unsettling though when the manager is saying everyone has his price.

You're 100% correct, can't imagine KT working his ticket. Must be unsettling though when the manager is saying everyone has his price.
I think Lenny was just being honest in that every single player in the world has their price. It would be foolish to deny this as if a silly massive offer came in that resulted in KT being sold then this would forever be thrown up in his (and the boards) face.

Zidane & Maradona had their prices. C Ronaldo had his price when at Man U and Real Madrid, Neymar had his price at Barca (and looks like he may move again) and even Messi has his price (it is just very unlikely that another team will ever make a big enough bid). This is just the reality of the situation and Celtic certainly have their price for every single player you've ever enjoyed in the hoops.

Just fingers crossed he stays, but if he doesn't then we must negotiate a huge amount with lots of appearance related add-ons (rather than just sell-on clauses) as we are financially in a better place than most clubs so don't need to sell.

Has always been a matter of when rather than if KT left. If he wasn't such a diehard celt hed probably have left already. His performance against Leipzig carrying an injury was a joy to watch, truly outstanding that night. I see Andy Robertson excel in that Liverpool side and think of what KT (whom I regard to be better, biased? Probably) could do with the same quality squad around him. Arsenal are trying to nick him on the cheap no mistake. Poor old arsenal only have a budget of 40 million euros or 41 million sterling if you're going by the red rags counting method, because they failed to make the champions league. Absolute rubbish they get that much for taking part in the EPL per season more than that given their Europa run and top 5 finish. If when KT goes anything under 30 million isn't enough but will satisfy PL and the board. I'm more concerned about the RB position (again) every year now the same old story , need a RB. I'm concerned for Ralston I dont think hes ready yet unless I missed something I think he could do with another season on loan. We cannot afford to do that as he's now our no1 RB which isnt fair to him at all. I feel hes been handed the position out of necessity or default as there's no One else. I realise the window still has a long way to go and we've been more active and ambitious than I couldve hoped for but still no RB I worry Ralston will be targeted as the weak link by Sarajevo and they'd be right. Will the club ever address this issue ? Been asking the same question for seasons now. Only difference is now we have no choice we simply must invest in the RB position. I don't want to see young Ralston exposed by the Bosnians in the sweltering heat. This squad are a few players short of being a club that can challenge beyond the group stages of the cl and the last 32 of the Europa. We need a clear out and it's started but if we're going to sell our better players then it's wholesale changes required, If KT, rogic, calmac, Forrest leave this window (tbf I dont see that happening ) but our board often flatter to deceive. I'm not convinced yet this window , surprised yes at the cash spent but have to remember the prices these days are ridiculous the 7-8 million on jullien? Good news but how many of us have heard of him before he signed? Not me. Still thats not to say he's not all that type of player and hopefully better. I noticed gutman was on tour but didn't see Perez was he not at the camp? I've high hopes for gutman , bayo, Griffiths, shved, jullien but still this bloody RB grrr what are we waiting for ? A 90 bus? We'llbe waiting a long time then. Until this crucial position is filled with an experienced pro every club we play will target Ralston rightly so he's played a handful of games for us there. Please Celtic sort this out and in my lifetime would be great HH

Has always been a matter of when rather than if KT left. If he wasn't such a diehard celt hed probably have left already. His performance against Leipzig carrying an injury was a joy to watch, truly outstanding that night. I see Andy Robertson excel in that Liverpool side and think of what KT (whom I regard to be better, biased? Probably) could do with the same quality squad around him. Arsenal are trying to nick him on the cheap no mistake. Poor old arsenal only have a budget of 40 million euros or 41 million sterling if you're going by the red rags counting method, because they failed to make the champions league. Absolute rubbish they get that much for taking part in the EPL per season more than that given their Europa run and top 5 finish. If when KT goes anything under 30 million isn't enough but will satisfy PL and the board. I'm more concerned about the RB position (again) every year now the same old story , need a RB. I'm concerned for Ralston I dont think hes ready yet unless I missed something I think he could do with another season on loan. We cannot afford to do that as he's now our no1 RB which isnt fair to him at all. I feel hes been handed the position out of necessity or default as there's no One else. I realise the window still has a long way to go and we've been more active and ambitious than I couldve hoped for but still no RB I worry Ralston will be targeted as the weak link by Sarajevo and they'd be right. Will the club ever address this issue ? Been asking the same question for seasons now. Only difference is now we have no choice we simply must invest in the RB position. I don't want to see young Ralston exposed by the Bosnians in the sweltering heat. This squad are a few players short of being a club that can challenge beyond the group stages of the cl and the last 32 of the Europa. We need a clear out and it's started but if we're going to sell our better players then it's wholesale changes required, If KT, rogic, calmac, Forrest leave this window (tbf I dont see that happening ) but our board often flatter to deceive. I'm not convinced yet this window , surprised yes at the cash spent but have to remember the prices these days are ridiculous the 7-8 million on jullien? Good news but how many of us have heard of him before he signed? Not me. Still thats not to say he's not all that type of player and hopefully better. I noticed gutman was on tour but didn't see Perez was he not at the camp? I've high hopes for gutman , bayo, Griffiths, shved, jullien but still this bloody RB grrr what are we waiting for ? A 90 bus? We'llbe waiting a long time then. Until this crucial position is filled with an experienced pro every club we play will target Ralston rightly so he's played a handful of games for us there. Please Celtic sort this out and in my lifetime would be great HH

Got to agree with that, I think Perez got injured at lennoxtown so he didn't travel. Right back is a big issue right enough. Would love Ralston to be the answer but haven't seen enough to be convinced yet. Hopefully this will be his season. Maybe we'll go three at the back for the time being Ajer, Simunovic and Jullien, can be covered out wide by Forrest and Hayes. Think they both have the pace and work ethic to do that shift. I'm not totally convinced on the window yet either, investment so far has been decent but if we end up selling KT and McGregor I can't see how we get better in this window. KT would be a big loss but CalMac for me is a top player, boy can do everything and play at any level. imo.

Got to agree with that, I think Perez got injured at lennoxtown so he didn't travel. Right back is a big issue right enough. Would love Ralston to be the answer but haven't seen enough to be convinced yet. Hopefully this will be his season. Maybe we'll go three at the back for the time being Ajer, Simunovic and Jullien, can be covered out wide by Forrest and Hayes. Think they both have the pace and work ethic to do that shift. I'm not totally convinced on the window yet either, investment so far has been decent but if we end up selling KT and McGregor I can't see how we get better in this window. KT would be a big loss but CalMac for me is a top player, boy can do everything and play at any level. imo.

We need to get over Ralston being our academy player and accept if we have any ambition to improve our defence he isn’t good enough. When going forward too his passing is woeful. We all wish he was the answer but he isn’t. If he was here on loan would anyone be clamoring to buy him? No if we are honest. We need one quality RB and young Perez as cover.

KT is in a different situation regarding the fans' feelings compared with say, Ntcham. He can't wait to get away and has played with a petted lip and dragging feet when picked to play. He has been a hunskelper in the past and hasn't turned into a bad player but there will be no tears shed when he goes bye byes as he hasn't turned up for us for a long time. He won't be remembered the way someone like KT will and the front door won't be kept open for a return. The door will never be shut on Kieran, just left ajar.

We need to get over Ralston being our academy player and accept if we have any ambition to improve our defence he isn’t good enough. When going forward too his passing is woeful. We all wish he was the answer but he isn’t. If he was here on loan would anyone be clamoring to buy him? No if we are honest. We need one quality RB and young Perez as cover.
You're maybe right, don't feel like he's really had a run in the team to find out, but that might be for very good reason. like you say he's maybe just not up to it.

What worries me (also) is that if KT and calmac go then really we're back to square one as the amount of cash we get for them evenif it's record breaking money simply won't be enough to replace these 2. We could get 50 million combined for both thats not enough to replace them like for like. Anderlecht and clubs of similar stature wouldn't dream of selling their 2 best players for nothing ( in today's market) why should we? A club in a smaller league with better resources. We keep hearing the days of Scottish clubs prized assets being cherry picked by the EPL clubs is long over. LIES it's still happening, if we were an English championship club we'd be looking at 70million for the pair. I'm not angry about it in f*k* raginout of my f*k* heid about it f*k f*k f*k grrr aaaaarrrgh ???

You're maybe right, don't feel like he's really had a run in the team to find out, but that might be for very good reason. like you say he's maybe just not up to it.

In every game he’s played he gets caught out of position too often, his concentration slips and although I live his courage he lacks touch and his passing is just too erratic. I loved the way he at least got stuck into the Huns when so many around him shat it, but that’s not enough. I would send him out on loan for a year and assess his longer term future with us after that. Playing regularly may improve his technique, his heart is fine so who knows he may improve, but he isn’t there to even be considered right now.

Watching him v hearts last league game his delivery was woeful it really was and he's not the answer although by default he is. With ntcham I see the classic symptoms of a player being unsettled by rumours and speculation. As someone said hes not simply become a bad player , he's been tapped up and the clubs done nothing about it -disgraceful. If we sell ntcham for 15million he like moussa will be sold on for 3 times that amount a season later. French u21 international. I'd rather see us keep him get him focused the way he was when he signed the long term deal. He comes accross as a humble guy who needs to know that he is wanted and not for profit alone

Last edited:
Back