Leigh Griffiths

Winter

Everyone is well aware of the talent, abilities, the records hes set, a genuine Celtic legend and that status doesnt come as easy at this club as it does others. Reading the managers stinging criticism of him which basically boils down to ' I don't believe you' the injury is why you're out of shape etc. Lenny knows that the club have given griff a lot more than other players could only dream of, no doubt due to his status at the club. One things clear to me though , we saw the unfortunate incident that cost Alan Thompson his place on the team , I think that lenny is fed up with Griffiths. Saying that Griffiths should focus his energies on his fitness rather than his social media accounts for me is lenny putting Griffiths on his last life, showing that even players as good as Griffiths and as loved by the supporters as he is , he's still not bigger than the club , no one is. Its worrying for we need a fit Griffiths and if anyone can fix this he surely can given what hes shown before, big but is that if lenny isnt satisfied with his application then he will be out, and that's not good news at all. I believe the manager is correct and I hope Griffiths gets his act together , especially now when klimala and bayo are breathing down his neck. We paid good money for both so they'll get their chance I just hope Griffiths is up for this fight-again- but hes digging a hole for himself here and doing himself no favours. It would be sad to see lenny close the door on Griffiths Celtic career I pray it doesnt happen but lenny isnt br and his patience isnt the same. Sort it out griff please a more important time than this I cannot remember we need you HH

I think its time up for the Griff.....I don't think he can cope with playin for Celtic, I am not blaming him personally, but I do think Celtic comes first and we need 100% all the time....A shame really, I liked him as a footballer.
Think so to , thought given the run he had this season and back to the Griff we knew he would have been professional and worked through the lockdown the same as his team mates who all seem to be focused on the season ahead

Tik Tok vids and quotes on social media show he was just takin the piss plus throw in the young wag and his heads not on football

Was a great player now he's heading fast along wasters highway ,,,i don't see Lenny bringing him back into the mix anytime soon

He's had both Lenny & brown(voice of the squad) comment on it.
Putting the bits together he must of came back in really bad condition, shite condition in fact.
Not sure if I can remember a player getting a manager and captain public dress down like that in a while? If it's happened I've missed it.

Shows he hasn't given 2 fucks about trying to train at all.
Lenny is right. Griff will be on a decent wage and it's the bare expected minimum.
Kilmala is still unknown. He also will have to play a different kind of football to the style he is used to, be able to be a hold up striker at times. Bayo has been plagued with injuries.
It's a boot in the balls for his team mates, lenny and us when anyone can see we needed him fit and ready and he has chosen not to be.

I think he has been that long out of football in the last calander year that it's broken his cycle.

I want him to get his finger out and repay the faith and support we have shown.

Bayo seems aggressive and batters into defenders, kilmala will have added a physical element to his game so they might be the go to for that sort of sub.

For me Griff has that finishing ability and talent that we will need if Eddie takes a knock.
Griff is a proven match winner, goal scorer and a senior member of this squad.

No more fucking about Griff. No more shite updates online.
Bin it or ultimately you won't win back the respect and your place.

I’m not sure he’s got the fire in his belly anymore, if that was me that got the very public bollicking, 1st thing I’d be doing is to delete ALL my social media accounts, Lenny just about told him, in a roundabout fashion to do that, the fact that he hasn’t says it all for me, take a lot of work/time/effort to loss the weight and get fit, but only a few presses of a button to get aff, Facebook/tic talk/instagram etc 😡

If the story about Shon Weissman heading for Parkhead is true then Griff has a lot to think about.
In my opinion he would shuffle back to 4th striker which would potentially push him out the door.
I would not like to see that happen to Griff but I also understand where Lenny is coming from when he said he is not happy with how Griff has conducted himself during the lockdown.
Griff made a comment 2 or 3 weeks ago that he would not be here this time next year,nobody understood what he meant and still dont,but the strange thing is his mother came on twitter the next day and more or less said not to listen to what griff said,then his sister commented on him the day after his mother,is the Bhoy suffering in silence ??.
We dont know how Griff is feeling and pray that we personally never get to know.
Get back in there Griff and do what you do best,,prove people wrong...again.

HH.

Griff made a comment 2 or 3 weeks ago that he would not be here this time next year

As part of the lockdown im guessing the players would be in contact with the sports science department. Giving readings and training progress. It's not out of the realms of possibility that the coaches had an idea of his physical condition before he reported back.
1 home session rigged up to training heart monitors would of shown a decline.
It's possible he has been in the bad books for a while.
Been told to sort it and hasn't?

It hasn't been kept in house. That's what's making me feel like relationships have properly broken down.

We were blessed to have seen players like Jinky for example in the past. And I'm not putting Griff on the same planet as Jinky, BUT they seem to have the same mischief streak. Ffs god help us if Jinky had social media available after a night in Bairds? Great talents with flaws. Trouble is that football is a sport these day that demand 110% from you. You must live a clean healthy life outwith training and matches. I hope we've not seen the last of Griff.

Members online

Latest posts

Back