Leigh Griffiths

So,do we revert to one up front again,or could Eddy forge a partnership wi' Klimala or Bayo?
There's been a lot of clickbait about Shon Weissman............ 🍺 🥳
I'd like to see Eddy with Klimala as I think we get so much more from him with a partner.

I hope Griff gets one last chance and fights back to be as good as we know he is capable of being. If he blows this then I fear for his future health. But I do know that the Celtic family are supporting him as much as possible. But Lennon and his staff have to prioritise what is best for the team and if that means making difficult decisions then he will do what is necessary.

The Griff is a good player but if he isn't motivated enough to get fit for a place this season then I can't see him wearing the hoops again. The fans have had his back so far but we'll all be looking to invest our faith in anyone else good enough to partner Eddy.

Tin hat on for this one but I'm gonnae say it anyway.....I get why Lenny and Broony are pissed at Griff and I agree 100% that he needs to lay off the social media and start concentrating on his job but I also think they were both 100% wrong to have aired these frustrations in public the way they have.

This should have been kept in-house end of. Griff's mental health issues have been well documented and you only have to look at the contents of his social media posts to see the guy is still struggling and that it's still having an impact on his professional life.

All the gaffer and captain have achieved here by giving Griff such a public dressing down is to put an already vulnerable guy under the intense spotlight of a hostile media where his personal/health issues will be picked apart publicly with journos, pundits and ex-players taking it upon themselves to criticise and sit in judgement of him. How exactly is that going to help the situation.

I can't imagine what Griff has been going through these last couple of years and I think Celtic have been brilliant in how they've handled the situation but on this occasion I think it would have been better all round if Lenny and Broony had aired their frustrations in private instead of doing it out in the open the way they did. They themselves should know better than anyone how the Scottish press operates given the disgusting treatment they've received from it over the years. Poor judgement from both imo.

Tin hat on for this one but I'm gonnae say it anyway.....I get why Lenny and Broony are pissed at Griff and I agree 100% that he needs to lay off the social media and start concentrating on his job but I also think they were both 100% wrong to have aired these frustrations in public the way they have.

This should have been kept in-house end of. Griff's mental health issues have been well documented and you only have to look at the contents of his social media posts to see the guy is still struggling and that it's still having an impact on his professional life.

All the gaffer and captain have achieved here by giving Griff such a public dressing down is to put an already vulnerable guy under the intense spotlight of a hostile media where his personal/health issues will be picked apart publicly with journos, pundits and ex-players taking it upon themselves to criticise and sit in judgement of him. How exactly is that going to help the situation.

I can't imagine what Griff has been going through these last couple of years and I think Celtic have been brilliant in how they've handled the situation but on this occasion I think it would have been better all round if Lenny and Broony had aired their frustrations in private instead of doing it out in the open the way they did. They themselves should know better than anyone how the Scottish press operates given the disgusting treatment they've received from it over the years. Poor judgement from both imo.
I get what you are saying Shadow2, but Celtic management have clearly being dealing Griff and his issues behind closed doors for years now. I think he has pushed things so far that this time that this is the last throw of the dice to try to get him back on track.

I don't think this decision for Lenny and Broony to go public has been taken lightly as they they are trying to shock him into sorting things out with the necessary psychological and fitness support to improve his mental wellbeing & physical health.

I trully hope it works because he has been a fantastic player for us.

I pretty sure the did do it privately, obviously didn’t get the reaction they were looking/expecting, just more Guff posted on social media, every player is hooked up to GPS nowadays, they don’t think he’s trying as much as he should be, he’s drinking in the last chance saloon, the club stood by him while he tried to sort himself out, probably with professional help behind the scenes, most likely at the clubs cost, don’t think he went on an NHS waiting list for treatment, he’s at a crossroads with his career only he can decide which path he takes.....

I get what you are saying Shadow2, but Celtic management have clearly being dealing Griff and his issues behind closed doors for years now. I think he has pushed things so far that this time that this is the last throw of the dice to try to get him back on track.

I don't think this decision for Lenny and Broony to go public has been taken lightly as they they are trying to shock him into sorting things out with the necessary psychological and fitness support to improve his mental wellbeing & physical health.

I trully hope it works because he has been a fantastic player for us.

I pretty sure the did do it privately, obviously didn’t get the reaction they were looking/expecting, just more Guff posted on social media, every player is hooked up to GPS nowadays, they don’t think he’s trying as much as he should be, he’s drinking in the last chance saloon, the club stood by him while he tried to sort himself out, probably with professional help behind the scenes, most likely at the clubs cost, don’t think he went on an NHS waiting list for treatment, he’s at a crossroads with his career only he can decide which path he takes.....

Like I said bhoys I think the club have been brilliant with how they've handled Griff's struggles and I think Lenny and Broony have every right to be frustrated with him but it's crystal clear from Griff's social media posts that he's still struggling with his mental health issues and this is affecting his overall wellbeing.

He may very well be drinking in the last chance saloon in terms of his Celtic career and his entire football career for that matter and it's highly likely he does need a cold hard shock to realise this but was it a wise move to try and drive that point home so publicly with a guy in such a vulnerable position? Especially when both Lenny and Broony know first hand how vicious the Scottish media can be.

Again like I said I can't imagine what Griff is going through as thankfully I've never been in his position but I'd imagine him having his personal health struggles splashed across the back pages of the rags with the Scottish media vultures picking over his bones won't help one bit.

Maybe Lenny should have instructed the club to put him on unpaid leave if they wanted to drive the point home, castigating a vulnerable person in public view doesn't sit right with me and it seems a risky strategy that could very well do more harm than good.

We often say that certain things should remain in the privacy of the dressing room, that the manager shouldn't openly criticise their players in public after a bad game or that players shouldn't criticise their manager in public when they don't agree with their tactics etc. Surely this should go double when dealing with a player in a situation such as this, no?

I think the fact that the manager and captain have both commented on this proves the issue isn't his mental health.
It's only a few weeks ago that everyone was taking the piss out of fat Alfie coming back from Columbia overweight.
For me he's clearly turned up out of condition and failed the tests again we had reports of players coming back and handing in trackers showing they'd ran plenty of miles in lockdown.
For me part of the gaffers frustration may be down to Johnny Hayes being let go probably on the back of a fully fit LG

End of the day he is in a far better position with a far better support network than a lot of Celtic fans.
I'm sure the club will have been in contact throughout lockdown and he's been telling them he's fine.
I'm not sure I 100% belive the out of condition excuse either.
He'll have been weighed and done fitness tests at Lenoxtown before going South why wait until then and make it more high profile sending him home.

It might not be Lennys decision to let him go if the club decide to bin him.
Prusambly he's up there with the club's highest earners
Is Lawwell going to pay £5 million for a new striker and keep a player on £20k a week when he can't even be bothered to stay fit?

Not got a tin hat but here goes

What Lenny and Broony did was quite right and coming out and making it public nails it once and for all ,,,the sands of time are running out fast and there patience is about to run out ,and if that is still not understood by Leigh then the end of his carrer with Celtic will come sooner than he thinks

I looked at his tik tok posts i don't see someone crying out with mental health issues ,yeah the usual cliched statements you find on facebook

I see someone whose being childish ,lacking responsability and destroying all the goodwill and backing he was given by everyone connected to the club , he's put his carrer and the club 2nd

Great player great finisher isn't going to cut it , footballs changed and the pace of it moves faster now than ever before there's too much at stake especialy this season and i think the Club will make a decision on this before the season even starts

Not got a tin hat but here goes

What Lenny and Broony did was quite right and coming out and making it public nails it once and for all ,,,the sands of time are running out fast and there patience is about to run out ,and if that is still not understood by Leigh then the end of his carrer with Celtic will come sooner than he thinks

I looked at his tik tok posts i don't see someone crying out with mental health issues ,yeah the usual cliched statements you find on facebook

I see someone whose being childish ,lacking responsability and destroying all the goodwill and backing he was given by everyone connected to the club , he's put his carrer and the club 2nd

Great player great finisher isn't going to cut it , footballs changed and the pace of it moves faster now than ever before there's too much at stake especialy this season and i think the Club will make a decision on this before the season even starts
Hard wan love the wee guy like most of us but , he’s let himself and to be be fair every cunt who stood by him down. in house discipline does fuck all , broonny would not have gone public lightly loves the wee guy but some time tough love might just be the boot up the arse needed , hope so no better on his game and him and big eddy had something cookin bottom line is time for Leigh tae cut out the shite and step up , immortality or joke figure mon wee man

Last edited by a moderator:
Most geniuses had a flaw,but he should remember Celtic stood by him
during his dark times.
Hopefully he will see sense and get back on track for his own well-being
and respect for his club.
What a waste of a great talent if he does not take heed.

Need good partnerships up front to work the magic. And also Happy Birthday James Cagney.

Everyone is well aware of the talent, abilities, the records hes set, a genuine Celtic legend and that status doesnt come as easy at this club as it does others. Reading the managers stinging criticism of him which basically boils down to ' I don't believe you' the injury is why you're out of shape etc. Lenny knows that the club have given griff a lot more than other players could only dream of, no doubt due to his status at the club. One things clear to me though , we saw the unfortunate incident that cost Alan Thompson his place on the team , I think that lenny is fed up with Griffiths. Saying that Griffiths should focus his energies on his fitness rather than his social media accounts for me is lenny putting Griffiths on his last life, showing that even players as good as Griffiths and as loved by the supporters as he is , he's still not bigger than the club , no one is. Its worrying for we need a fit Griffiths and if anyone can fix this he surely can given what hes shown before, big but is that if lenny isnt satisfied with his application then he will be out, and that's not good news at all. I believe the manager is correct and I hope Griffiths gets his act together , especially now when klimala and bayo are breathing down his neck. We paid good money for both so they'll get their chance I just hope Griffiths is up for this fight-again- but hes digging a hole for himself here and doing himself no favours. It would be sad to see lenny close the door on Griffiths Celtic career I pray it doesnt happen but lenny isnt br and his patience isnt the same. Sort it out griff please a more important time than this I cannot remember we need you HH
ur bang on pal we do need him but a focused griff the clubs went above n beyond for a special celtic striker bit there comes a time to put the fit doon I'm hoping he gets one more he fuckin better get his act the gether

If anyone should have came out of lockdown a more fiercer player, it should've been Griff. No excuses, end of. As a Celtic man, I feel let down by Griff. "We've had his back from day one, he should've had ours"

Seasons not started, the guy will be working his socks off and he will should he come back be keen to reward us all. No panic and no-one is bigger than Celtic has always been that way we played against big MD tonight and Deynar and we did not miss them we moved on like we always do, we carry no baggage, Griffiths now knows this with a public dressing down, the jersys is his but he has to earn the respect to wear it and carry the burden that this jersey places on the shoulders, so there is time and there is moving on, he has a choice, he has a last chance, and given a sporting chance has always been in our ethos, we are a club who likes to help people, so we move on and let the guy get on with getting on.

ur bang on pal we do need him but a focused griff the clubs went above n beyond for a special celtic striker bit there comes a time to put the fit doon I'm hoping he gets one more he fuckin better get his act the gether
How do you solve a puzzle like Griff. Three managers have tried and failed so far. I'm bored of the situation now. Not something we need to endure again. Everyone of the lads have given their time on lockdown to be physically prepared and kept their oath to the fans for the 10. If you don't get a stauner in the morning to hit the treadmil for the cause then I'll happily fill your car with diesel and send you to Leith if that floats your boat

How do you solve a problem like griff?
Many a thing you know you'd like to tell him
Many a thing he ought to understand
But how do you make hI’m stay and listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand?

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Griff?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

When I'm with him I'm confused, out of focus and bemused
And I never know exactly where I am
Unpredictable as weather, he’s as flighty as a feather
He’s a darling! He’s a demon! He’s a lamb!

He’d out pester any pest, drive a hornet from its nest
He could throw a whirling dervish out of whirl
Heis gentle! He is wild! He’s a riddle! He’s a child!
He’s a headache! He’s an angel! He’s bhoy?

How do you solve a problem like Griff?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find the word that means Griff?
A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell him
Many a thing he ought to understand
But how do you make him stay and listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand?

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Griff?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Rodgers and Hammerstein 💚🍀

Back