Leigh Griffiths

Griff will prove himself if givin another chance. Ye can spend five million on a striker but there's no guarantee he'll be a finisher like Griffs. He has f..ked up more than once but I think the penny has finally dropped and he'll help the club win titles and trophies this season. Lenny man manage don't hold a grudge !

Seems everyone is in agreement that Griffiths should and will get another , if final chance in the hoops. Thing is its lenny who will decide if that's the case. It has to be soul destroying for lenny watching the application put in by the likes of Walsh, karamoko, klimala etc and see Griffiths a senior members lack of it. There will be a time lenny says enough is enough I just hope that Griffiths gets it together before that. He'll have been watching the telly and kicking himself no doubt, how much time does lenny and the club give him this time? I'd say no more than the time it takes for us to return , heres hoping Griffiths reacts the right way HH

If Leigh is to play for Celtic again then he has to have a transformation in attitude. He seems quick to blame his situation on something other than himself. He has to wake up quickly but I doubt he ever will. There is no right to play for Celtic . He has to earn it. He has not shown his desire to change so far.

If Leigh is to play for Celtic again then he has to have a transformation in attitude. He seems quick to blame his situation on something other than himself. He has to wake up quickly but I doubt he ever will. There is no right to play for Celtic . He has to earn it. He has not shown his desire to change so far.
And this is a very different situation from last time. This time hes got lenny , sutton and for me even more importantly broony is weighing in on the matter. The fact that broony has decided to involve himself in this speaks volumes to me, and I hope is the saving grace for Griffiths. Hes used to the pelters from outside the club but from within is a whole different story. If this doesnt put the fire in his belly like never before then hes done at Celtic. The character griff is though would suggest to me he wont take this lying down (pun unintended) hes got a lot of people to repay for the faith and support given him. A third of a season (if that) isnt enough hes got to be firing on every cylinder or be left behind, the latter would be so so sad to see. I hope we see the proper response from Griffiths. I'd ban him from social media if up to me if only for a few days a week. He appears to becoming like neo from the matrix two lives one in the real world one in cyberspace, the latters no good for us and what club would want to buy him given his problems? Many probably but unlikely the clubs his abilities deserve. Helmet on here when I suggest that in a way hes becoming our clubs version of the buffalo.

I'd love to see Leigh buckling down and prove us all wrong but I cannot see him doing that, He seems to not take responsibility for his situation. He has shown no shame for putting on kilos and being unfit to play. He is not blameless. But he is not able to save his career. He was a good player but he is not bigger than Celtic.

Griff will be back dinna worry. His goals will help secure the Ten. With Griff and big Fraser.
I too think that he will be back but I do g hold our much hope for FF return. He wants the England shirt cant get it here not with Burnley's nick Pope looking like the first non top 6 club keeper to win the golden gloves. We got a good deal for a season with FF one that benefited all parties now we must look elsewhere which makes letting Gordon go when we knew FF was unlikely to return even if we paid for him a bad decision. As imo only FF was a better keeper than big cg in the ehsspeeell

How do you solve a puzzle like Griff. Three managers have tried and failed so far. I'm bored of the situation now. Not something we need to endure again. Everyone of the lads have given their time on lockdown to be physically prepared and kept their oath to the fans for the 10. If you don't get a stauner in the morning to hit the treadmil for the cause then I'll happily fill your car with diesel and send you to Leith if that floats your boat
[/QUOTE av got a few ideas but dont get paid enough lol

Griff will prove himself if givin another chance. Ye can spend five million on a striker but there's no guarantee he'll be a finisher like Griffs. He has f..ked up more than once but I think the penny has finally dropped and he'll help the club win titles and trophies this season. Lenny man manage don't hold a grudge !
how ur rite its just we dont know it's happened behind closed doors

Hope everything goes well for LG he needs to
Knuckle down work his ass off eat drink properly put in more effort on the training pitches impress NFL cause his talent as a finisher is second to none.
He needed a scud up the erchie and NFL then Broonie duly kicked said erchie the rest is up to him. And HIM alone only he can do the Work needed as someone on this said the club backed him when he needed it now he needs to back the club UP.
if you were reading the points on here Leigh
You will see the support and feelings for you.
we need you for the 10 and more.
Mon the Hoops

HH šŸ€

And this is a very different situation from last time. This time hes got lenny , sutton and for me even more importantly broony is weighing in on the matter. The fact that broony has decided to involve himself in this speaks volumes to me, and I hope is the saving grace for Griffiths. Hes used to the pelters from outside the club but from within is a whole different story. If this doesnt put the fire in his belly like never before then hes done at Celtic. The character griff is though would suggest to me he wont take this lying down (pun unintended) hes got a lot of people to repay for the faith and support given him. A third of a season (if that) isnt enough hes got to be firing on every cylinder or be left behind, the latter would be so so sad to see. I hope we see the proper response from Griffiths. I'd ban him from social media if up to me if only for a few days a week. He appears to becoming like neo from the matrix two lives one in the real world one in cyberspace, the latters no good for us and what club would want to buy him given his problems? Many probably but unlikely the clubs his abilities deserve. Helmet on here when I suggest that in a way hes becoming our clubs version of the buffalo.
I seen what you did there "weighing in on the matter"šŸ˜†

Not got a tin hat but here goes

What Lenny and Broony did was quite right and coming out and making it public nails it once and for all ,,,the sands of time are running out fast and there patience is about to run out ,and if that is still not understood by Leigh then the end of his carrer with Celtic will come sooner than he thinks

I looked at his tik tok posts i don't see someone crying out with mental health issues ,yeah the usual cliched statements you find on facebook

I see someone whose being childish ,lacking responsability and destroying all the goodwill and backing he was given by everyone connected to the club , he's put his carrer and the club 2nd

Great player great finisher isn't going to cut it , footballs changed and the pace of it moves faster now than ever before there's too much at stake especialy this season and i think the Club will make a decision on this before the season even starts

Who needs a tin hat when you've got an armour plated tractor eh Kelly :LOL:(y)

One of those occasions where we're going to have to agree to disagree mate.

The fact he appears to be destroying all that good will, showing a lack of responsibility and acting childishly is exactly what makes me think he's not in a good place right now. His Celtic career, maybe his entire football career, is hanging by a thread yet his behaviour continues to be self-destructive. Is that the actions of someone thinking clearly and rationally?

Like I've said already mate, the club have been great with how they've handled Griff's situation and both Lenny and Broony have every right to feel frustrated with him I just don't share the opinion that this all had to be played out in public in an attempt to shock him into a positive reaction.

I think given the circumstances of Griff's situation and how the Scottish press behaves towards Celtic in general it may end up having the opposite effect and whatever our disagreements may be on this NONE of us want that. (y)

Last edited:

Problem is Jimmy can we afford to wait for him.
I'm worry about what's going on with him that he's deemed so unfit that he can't even make the squad for a pre season friendly tournament.
A Ā£5 million pound striker may not hit the goals like LG but LG isn't hitting any goals sat at home either.
As we saw last season when paired with French Eddie they are virtually unplayable.

It arguably the most important season in our history in less than 2 weeks he needs to screw the nut and get fit as soon as possible or the chance may have to be taken away from him.

Back