Lennon/Comper

Steviebhoy67

I for one am not convinced Lenny is a good idea as long term manager. Why did he and Celtic part company a few years back? Because he was so good? That said, Comper played for the reserves today. Scored 2 and provided an assist in a 3-2 win. Never got a look in with BR.
Thoughts?

I for one am not convinced Lenny is a good idea as long term manager. Why did he and Celtic part company a few years back? Because he was so good? That said, Comper played for the reserves today. Scored 2 and provided an assist in a 3-2 win. Never got a look in with BR.
Thoughts?
It definitely throws another dice on the table, Stevie.

There were a lot of rumours and speculation about MC, but we don't know now if he was just a pawn in a bigger game with BR and PL.

Gives Lenny an option though.

Speaking of Lenny, I think we have to just focus on getting over the line. If we can wrap it up early enough, then that's the time to see what the long-term plan is.

I'm not convinced that there's a whole lot of realistic prospects at the moment and I don't want to take a punt with 9 on the horizon.

HH Stevie

Thoughts?
Remember those years out he went and cut his teeth down south, he suffered the harsh reality of not having success, re-engerised and set Hibs up as a force, so who knows what he may deliver but he patched up what could have backfired on us thanks to BR and gave us the momentum back when it had been dumped, the vultures were circling until he stepped in and it side tracked them when he emerged as did the game in general. Not a bad bit of PR when really needed.

Remember those years out he went and cut his teeth down south, he suffered the harsh reality of not having success, re-engerised and set Hibs up as a force, so who knows what he may deliver but he patched up what could have backfired on us thanks to BR and gave us the momentum back when it had been dumped, the vultures were circling until he stepped in and it side tracked them when he emerged as did the game in general. Not a bad bit of PR when really needed.
A side track here why are Lisbon Lions having to promote their own books, this guy was afucking legend, Celtic media hyped up the BR scenario night with BR and his book, these guys need their stories promoted proffesionally, i would take these guys all day long, this man suffered cancer.

A side track here why are Lisbon Lions having to promote their own books, this guy was afucking legend, Celtic media hyped up the BR scenario night with BR and his book, these guys need their stories promoted proffesionally, i would take these guys all day long, this man suffered cancer.
So i take it thats 5 books sold for the Easter Break, available at the superstore.

Great point, Boab

The Club have got much better at acknowledgement of our legends, but there is still a ways to go to promote them in the way they deserve.

A decent book-launch does not cost an arm and a leg and Yogi (and his boy) did enough to warrant a proper PR event.

Thoughts?

It's fascinating what goes on behind the scenes and why some managers will play a player and another won't even let him see the bench.
Will we ever hear the true story and will Lenny elevate Compper to the starting 11?

Thoughts?

I think they parted for a couple of reasons.

1. The extreme hatred of Lennon and the demise of Rangers into Sevco meant he would be targeted even more and more. And he was getting it from all quarters including MSM. Seemed at time was only matter of time before the threats escalated into even more and more problems.

2. Club maybe thought they could get better value for money at time. Wanted to reduce the wage bills, so cheaper manager who had record of over acheiving with no real money. The revenues were certain o dive for Celtic with Rangers dead. Good for other clubs but bad financially for Celtic with lower crowds.

3. A change is sometimes a good way to divert media attention away from a hate figure.

Now nujber 1 is reason why i thought he wouldnt have come back especially with the hatred still there at Hibs although diminished from peak hate.

I think he is more mature manager with more experience and more hunger than previously.
I think he is better value for money than board thought last time having experienced two different types of coaches. The low price over achiever Big ronnie. The highly expensive top grade coach who wastes lots of value and demand massive wages to compete.

I think Lennon is better value than Rodgers and better option than Ronnie having had the experience of hindsight.

I actually loved big Ronnie but he couldnt cope with pressures or motivate to win aginst weaker teams.

I ended up hating rodgrs for his glib superfical shysterness and he actually proved my suspicions by running 9ff in night pretedning he loved Leicester to death.

Lennon is man for me.

Great point, Boab

The Club have got much better at acknowledgement of our legends, but there is still a ways to go to promote them in the way they deserve.

A decent book-launch does not cost an arm and a leg and Yogi (and his boy) did enough to warrant a proper PR event.
Modern age a simple worldwide Celtic TV ad, a wee tribute to the guy over 180 goals for us and for our friends across the ponds a reminder it can be purchased here below. I really hate the maggots in the media at CP they are so far up their own arse they have lost sight of who is who, this book is foreworded by Billy Connelly, what an opportunity a fucking legend at celtic park would be only to happy to promote the brand.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yogi-Bear-John-Hughes-Story/dp/1904684882

1. The extreme hatred of Lennon and the demise of Rangers into Sevco meant he would be targeted even more and more. And he was getting it from all quarters including MSM. Seemed at time was only matter of time before the threats escalated into even more and more problems.

2. Club maybe thought they could get better value for money at time. Wanted to reduce the wage bills, so cheaper manager who had record of over acheiving with no real money. The revenues were certain o dive for Celtic with Rangers dead. Good for other clubs but bad financially for Celtic with lower crowds.

3. A change is sometimes a good way to divert media attention away from a hate figure.

Now nujber 1 is reason why i thought he wouldnt have come back especially with the hatred still there at Hibs although diminished from peak hate.

I think he is more mature manager with more experience and more hunger than previously.
I think he is better value for money than board thought last time having experienced two different types of coaches. The low price over achiever Big ronnie. The highly expensive top grade coach who wastes lots of value and demand massive wages to compete.

I think Lennon is better value than Rodgers and better option than Ronnie having had the experience of hindsight.

I actually loved big Ronnie but he couldnt cope with pressures or motivate to win aginst weaker teams.

I ended up hating rodgrs for his glib superfical shysterness and he actually proved my suspicions by running 9ff in night pretedning he loved Leicester to death.

Lennon is man for me.
I hear what you're saying and some good points. However i disagree with point 1. Lenny will always be hated by sevco fans no matter where he plys his trade. He might be more mature but won't stop the hate mob.
HH?

Modern age a simple worldwide Celtic TV ad, a wee tribute to the guy over 180 goals for us and for our friends across the ponds a reminder it can be purchased here below. I really hate the maggots in the media at CP they are so far up their own arse they have lost sight of who is who, this book is foreworded by Billy Connelly, what an opportunity a fucking legend at celtic park would be only to happy to promote the brand.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yogi-Bear-John-Hughes-Story/dp/1904684882

FEED THE BEAR

I hear what you're saying and some good points. However i disagree with point 1. Lenny will always be hated by sevco fans no matter where he plys his trade. He might be more mature but won't stop the hate mob.
HH?
That's it summed up, Stevie.

There is nothing NL can ever do that will make these eejits change their opinion of him.

He is anathema to them (I know that's not in their lexicon, but they know what I mean).

He is everything that the peanut-brains fear the most in the world: an unapologetic Catholic who told a few home truths.

That's my only major concern with any potential appointment.......that the man won't get a minutes peace from the numbnuts.

Lennon is man for me.
Was it not the case jm was leaving and Ronnie was being forced onto Lenny as his number 2
I for one was glad he left the amount of hatred he endured was wellout of order
You see tav 2 penaltys have a weeks pressover nothing yet the same cnts hounded lenny every week and even during the bombs n bullets if was ok claim he brought it on himself

That's it summed up, Stevie.

There is nothing NL can ever do that will make these eejits change their opinion of him.

He is anathema to them (I know that's not in their lexicon, but they know what I mean).

He is everything that the peanut-brains fear the most in the world: an unapologetic Catholic who told a few home truths.

That's my only major concern with any potential appointment.......that the man won't get a minutes peace from the numbnuts.
the day Lenny signed for Celtic was the day "he brought it on himself"!!! bastaart hun's,pundit's,smsm and now a scottish msp!!!!

Back