Lennon/Comper

Might not have been intentional, but he still put in a quality ball.

Been missing that kind of delivery for two seasons now.

CalMac's a great passer, but that type of ball's not about precision. It's about getting it into places they can't defend.
Keevins says both teams dropped points at weekend (who did we drop points to). Fine margins, did something happen or are we as we were?

At this moment in time we are well short of midfielders through injury,Scott Allen played last week for the development squad Lenny sang his praises why not give him a go??surely got to be better than that boring shit at the weekend,two holding mids kills us...

Saw chris commons being interviewed about brendan rodgers,said he was a great manager etc but he did say you had to be able to give him 60-70 minutes full on intense training every session,possibly the reason why compper didnt get a shout,maybe could do a job,havent seen enough to know one way or the other

Remember those years out he went and cut his teeth down south, he suffered the harsh reality of not having success, re-engerised and set Hibs up as a force, so who knows what he may deliver but he patched up what could have backfired on us thanks to BR and gave us the momentum back when it had been dumped, the vultures were circling until he stepped in and it side tracked them when he emerged as did the game in general. Not a bad bit of PR when really needed.
one hundred per cent agree. i think he has matured and knows what he punted five years ago. whether he is mr right remains to be seen but we are bloody lucky he is mr right now

Somebody brought up a point that concerns me in a point re Compper's fitness issues. Rodgers won everything with much the same team Deila had the year before. Yes we added offense but Leigh had been producing very well under Deila.

The difference was, according to most including Broony, that the fitness levels went up a few notches. This allowed us to win trebles vs the Championship under Deila. Broony himself got a whole new lease on life through his fitness going to new levels.

While I dont have a problem with the change in how the ball is distributed from goal, I worry that we will go back to the fitness level we had pre BR and it will impact our play. We need to keep what is good.

A sidetrack here why are Lisbon Lions having to promote their own books, this guy was afucking legend, Celtic media hyped up the BR scenario night with BR and his book, these guys need their stories promoted proffesionally, i would take these guys all day long, this man suffered cancer.
A side track here why are Lisbon Lions having to promote their own books, this guy was afucking legend, Celtic media hyped up the BR scenario night with BR and his book, these guys need their stories promoted professionally, i would take these guys all day long, this man suffered cancer.

I saw big Yogi as a giant 17-year-old playing against Rangers and he was a menace. He is a Celtic great and being part of the Lions he should have been well taken care of by the club. The Lions weren't just the eleven on the field. even in those days, there was a squad, although nothing like today's squad

Back