Lennon/Comper

I've no inside knowledge about why Lennon left the manager's job first time around but I recall a rumour at the time that he'd asked for a fair salary, based on his experience and achievements, but this was not forthcoming, forcing his hand to a certain extent. No idea if this is true but doesn't seem unlikely.

I saw big Yogi as a giant 17-year-old playing against Rangers and he was a menace. He is a Celtic great and being part of the Lions he should have been well taken care of by the club. The Lions weren't just the eleven on the field. even in those days, there was a squad, although nothing like today's squad
Spot on it takes a squad to do a clean sweep of all domestic and Europe even including the Mickey Mouse Glasgow Cup.

I for one am not convinced Lenny is a good idea as long term manager. Why did he and Celtic part company a few years back? Because he was so good? That said, Comper played for the reserves today. Scored 2 and provided an assist in a 3-2 win. Never got a look in with BR.
Thoughts?
I said on another thread at weekend instead of talking about getting rid of Comper, why not actually give him a couple of games so we can see how good/bad he really is

Don't know why BR never played Compner but u don't spend so much time playing in bundisleague if ur a bad player
BR had his favourites and also those at the opposite end of his pecking order. With his stubbornness, he probably ended up not playing Compper just to justify to himself his not playing him before that.

Back