Liam Scales

He was on his way to Aberdeen before Starfelt fucked off and Rocky got injured. That is his level.

He had a good 4 months and played out his skin when we needed him. But he's been poor since we came back from the winter break, showing us exactly why Ange sent him north and why he was destined to return there.

All hope that the board are going to do something different this summer, to give us a chance of NOT being absolutely embarrassed in Europe has gone out the window with this news.

This means that 3 of our back 4 in the new season will likely consist of AJ CCV and Scales.

Let's hope we can entice a world class left back to the club because he's going to have to be good enough to do the job of 2 men.

He was on his way to Aberdeen before Starfelt fucked off and Rocky got injured. That is his level.

He had a good 4 months and played out his skin when we needed him. But he's been poor since we came back from the winter break, showing us exactly why Ange sent him north and why he was destined to return there.

All hope that the board are going to do something different this summer, to give us a chance of NOT being absolutely embarrassed in Europe has gone out the window with this news.

This means that 3 of our back 4 in the new season will likely consist of AJ CCV and Scales.

Let's hope we can entice a world class left back to the club because he's going to have to be good enough to do the job of 2 men.
Mental how we hand out 4 and 5 year deals like sweeties!

Agree with you mostly but this deal he has got the Manager has approved it whether we like it or not. Surely
If not then agree we’re going cheap
But there were a few on here who moaned Like F about Starfelt but Ange kept selecting
him. And our defence was much more solid
But we still conceded stupid goals
So again I think Brendan and the coaching staff see him everyday and he still picks him before Lager/ Rocki.
He makes mistakes but never hides both him and Taylor show for the ball all the game
And that’s a credit to both imo.
Could we do better yes every player can be replaced by better players.
It’s more a case of will we

HH🍀

Agree with you mostly but this deal he has got the Manager has approved it whether we like it or not. Surely
If not then agree we’re going cheap
But there were a few on here who moaned Like F about Starfelt but Ange kept selecting
him. And our defence was much more solid
But we still conceded stupid goals
So again I think Brendan and the coaching staff see him everyday and he still picks him before Lager/ Rocki.
He makes mistakes but never hides both him and Taylor show for the ball all the game
And that’s a credit to both imo.
Could we do better yes every player can be replaced by better players.
It’s more a case of will we

HH🍀

I have no doubt the manager has approved it. Brendan loves Scales. Every manager has their favourite and Brendans favourite seems to be Scales.
Every player makes mistakes....Every single player on the planet. What separates good players from poor ones is that the good ones contribute more positively to their team and make less mistakes....at the moment, that isn't happening with Scales.
Celtic, as club, need to get past the whole "aye, but he never hides" stuff.
Players shouldn't hide....its their jobs and they are paid well for it. They should show for the ball...its their jobs and they are paid well for it.
We shouldn't want players that get praised for not hiding and showing for the ball. We want players that make less mistakes and can move the team forward.
It's the same shite we are seeing throughout the whole club. I've heard Charlie Mulgrew might be getting a job at the club...a guy, along with commons, chucked in the towel under Ronny.

So we have McManus, O'Dea, Kennedy, Mulgrew and apparently Hayes all getting jobs.

And we are handing out 4 year contracts to guys that make lots a mistakes but don't hide.

World class club in all departments right enough 🤣🤣

I have no doubt the manager has approved it. Brendan loves Scales. Every manager has their favourite and Brendans favourite seems to be Scales.
Every player makes mistakes....Every single player on the planet. What separates good players from poor ones is that the good ones contribute more positively to their team and make less mistakes....at the moment, that isn't happening with Scales.
Players shouldn't hide....its their jobs and they are paid well for it. They should show for the ball...its their jobs and they are paid well for it.
We shouldn't want players that get praised for not hiding and showing for the ball. We want players that make less mistakes and can move the team forward.
It's the same shite we are seeing throughout the whole club. I've heard Charlie Mulgrew might be getting a job at the club...a guy, along with commons, chucked in the towel under Ronny.

So we have McManus, O'Dea, Kennedy, Mulgrew and apparently Hayes all getting jobs.

And we are handing out 4 year contracts to guys that make lots a mistakes but don't hide.

To be fair Bud the entire midfield did hide in the Dundee game which caused chaos at the back
Money doesn’t guarantee players will turn up
Heart makes players show up
I doubt CCV gives a flying duck about cash when on the pitch but he gives everything to win it
Agree all players make mistakes even when Scales was good he made mistakes and even if his great form returns well you get the picture.
And I’m not sure any Manager has favourite players but they’ll always pick the ones he can rely to go and fight for it
We don’t have enough players who fight
Palma disappears as does Bernardo
Yang gets bad press from some on here
But get the ball to him he goes forward and never stops trying.
And these are the players we have been given by the failed Lawwell family. It’ll take at least 2/3 windows to get most off the books sadly
But if a left sided CB is bought and better than Scales
Brendan will play him not Scales
We need professionals doing the job not Accountants who play football manager
Or hangers on like the current back room team.
Put the right people in the jobs and real continued success will happen
Problem is our Board

HH🍀

Maybe Brendan intends to use him as a left back 🙄.

Anyhoo congratulations Liam, on your earlier season form you deserve it, get back to that and you will be fine... Losing CCV for a while didn't help you.

And as I was always told by my coaches, get the ball to the fitba players your just a stopper, maybe try that and cut out the forward passes to opponents.

We spent 8 million on 2 donkeys and now Scales has been handed a 4 year deal.I bet none of us seen that coming before the season started.Anyway good luck Liam.

To be fair Bud the entire midfield did hide in the Dundee game which caused chaos at the back
Money doesn’t guarantee players will turn up
Heart makes players show up
I doubt CCV gives a flying duck about cash when on the pitch but he gives everything to win it
Agree all players make mistakes even when Scales was good he made mistakes and even if his great form returns well you get the picture.
And I’m not sure any Manager has favourite players but they’ll always pick the ones he can rely to go and fight for it
We don’t have enough players who fight
Palma disappears as does Bernardo
Yang gets bad press from some on here
But get the ball to him he goes forward and never stops trying.
And these are the players we have been given by the failed Lawwell family. It’ll take at least 2/3 windows to get most off the books sadly
But if a left sided CB is bought and better than Scales
Brendan will play him not Scales
We need professionals doing the job not Accountants who play football manager
Or hangers on like the current back room team.
Put the right people in the jobs and real continued success will happen
Problem is our Board

HH🍀
Our recruitment this season has been embarassing imo.We never replaced Jota,Starfelt and Mooy and brought in average players as replacements.This current team are nowhere near the level of the Celtic team Rodgers had in his first spell imo.

Scales signing a 4 year contract doesn’t mean that we don’t need another CB. If we go into Europe with the same defence as this season, then we won’t improve in Europe. The same defence has been causing goals domestically, it’s definitely not good enough for Europe.😡

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back