Lookin' forward to the big walk next month!

Frank Owen

Naw, no that wan! My 75th birthday falls on 14th July, ( Bastile Day, very appropriate for a Republican ). I'm planning/hoping to celebrate it by having a wee stroll up Ben Nevis on the day.
I'm leaving the house now in search of a Munro to continue my preparations.
Just want to stick my two fingers up to faither time.
Total Numpty !

Naw, no that wan! My 75th birthday falls on 14th July, ( Bastile Day, very appropriate for a Republican ). I'm planning/hoping to celebrate it by having a wee stroll up Ben Nevis on the day.
Total Numpty !
Gone yersel Frank ...Great to see your still goin strong.
Ben Nevis eh ....yer aff yer heid but naw a bad achievement for a young..ish Tim.

Total Numpty !
Tinto hill, just south of Lanark is a monro I’m sure, it’s quite a leisurely hike, about 3 hrs up and down with a nice wee stone shelter at the top top have lunch out the wind, we used to go school summer trips when 11-12 years old, so will be suitable for the auld yins too 👍

Total Numpty !
Ye'll never walk alone Frank. Well ye wid if it wiz 'that' walk.
If ye find a Munro make sure its no Terry.

Total Numpty !
Does yir Walker huv wheels and a working brake.
Good for you Frank 👏👏👏

HH 👣

Specially adapted zimmer, JS. I actually posted this as a kind of afterthought before leaving the house to have a walk up Ben Lomond a week or so ago. Got another couple of munro's under my belt since then. Think these auld legs and Lungs will hold, (me) up OK!
As a Still geme fan Frank when I saw yir post the last ever episode went through ma heid (and what a noise it made )
But good on you there should be no limits other than health to what you can do
I’m aiming to Overtake That young Kelly’s tractor 🚜 one day fingers crossed 🤞
Oh do you sing climb any mountain ⛰️

HH 👏👏

Does yir Walker huv wheels and a working brake.
Good for you Frank 👏👏👏

HH 👣
I've met the man, Jam........leaner than a butcher's pencil and fit as a fiddle.

I'm sure if we ask him nicely, Frank will get us a wee kertie and pull us up the mountain whilst whistling Dixie.

He's a machine, Jam......a tank, I tells ye!!!!

A Happy three-quarters, Frank.......plenty more for you to do yet, so give old Chronos a kick in the crackers fae me.

Tinto hill, just south of Lanark is a monro I’m sure, it’s quite a leisurely hike, about 3 hrs up and down with a nice wee stone shelter at the top top have lunch out the wind, we used to go school summer trips when 11-12 years old, so will be suitable for the auld yins too 👍

Been wanting to go up and then back down that on my mountain bike (non ebike) problem for me is the motivation to cycle from Lanark train station. To Tinto hill

Total Numpty !
Got to do a wee bit of hill walking in Scotland as a boy. It was class. Enjoy!

Members online

Latest posts

Back