Luis Palma like watching Bertie Auld

Get a grip jinky,. Luis Palma shouldnae be mentioned in the same breath as wee Bertie..it's like trying to compare Frank Bruno wae Mohammad Ali.

Bertie Auld done it all and won everything..luis has potential at best.
there's absolutely nae comparison. yer gettin' carried away there jinky🍀

Get a grip jinky,. Luis Palma shouldnae be mentioned in the same breath as wee Bertie..it's like trying to compare Frank Bruno wae Mohammad Ali.

Bertie Auld done it all and won everything..luis has potential at best.
there's absolutely nae comparison. yer gettin' carried away there jinky🍀
Clay - even Bertie had to start somewhere this lad has potential oozing out of him I for one am certainly looking forward to watching him progress definitely appears to be the real deal. HH

Clay, Jinkybhoy stated there was moments that reminded him of Bertie, like others thought the outside of the boot cross reminded them of Lubo, no-one is claiming he will be either of that, but he just might, you do not need to win medals to be gifted, but in moments you can show the pontential to be like or similar in style to legends in the game.

Sometimes we see shapes and faces in the clouds and compare them to somethin' or somebody but it's all in our imagination.

To remotely compare anybody in that current Celtic team to any of the Lisbon lions is a similar phenomenon.

Wee Bertie was a one aff..Louis Thingimy (or whatever his name is) will come and go and we won't even remember him in about 2 years..RIP Bertie🙏..no one compares HH 🍀

Watching Luis Palma over the last few games has brought back many fond memories of watching my old favourite Bertie Auld.
The gallas nature of the guy just oozies pure class - as the song says I just can't get enough. HH
I'm too young too remember Auld.
See wit I did there ?
What I will say is that all the naysayers who wrote him Palma and Yang off after not even a full 90 minutes of playing the game in the hoops are now realising they were hasty to judge.
I couldn't understand this , some of the comments on here too " never Celtic standard", " another project winger can't take his man on" and a lot worse not worth mentioning.
I can understand the disappointment we all feel that but let's not take it out on players who've yet to kick a ball in anger for us yet.

I was at his debut game the 3-0 win over Dundee, he got 30 minutes and though we won comfortably that day we were still, as we are now, building/moulding a side.
Trying to see what works well and what's not so much.
Then midweek he got 58 minutes away to Feyenoord, a tough ask of a player who's yet to play a full game for us, feyenoord he was replaced by Yang and he replaced Yang and the Dundee game.
He got it tight for cutting back on his inside, something he does do admittedly, he doesn't have that pace not at that level but his deliveries and strikes are awesome. That outside of the boot pass to Oh was sublime he can give Oriley a run for his money passing wise. Against feyenoord , who was he meant to pass it to if he did beat his man anyway?

Sometimes I think we are so impatient with our new recruits.
Aye they get paid big money but still weans some more mature than others in a foreign land with all that money of the kind they've never seen before in their life £20kpwk ? Can you imagine?
Wee Bernabei is a good example of struggling to fit in , not like there's a huge Argentinian contingent in Scotland, maybe in scenarios like these might be worth the club flying over mates, family etc though they may already do so idk.
Palma and Yang have settled pretty well, as has Tomoki Iwata , not sure if Rodgers thinks he and Calmac are too samesy though watching them I don't. Holm is beginning to show why he's here. Also James Forrest, the legend the enigma goal scorer for the decades 1½, he gets stick unfairly imo, yes he's not 25yr old anymore but he is only 32 he looks like he's sharpening up and I've seen enough players over the years get to his age 32-35 and suddenly have a swansong at the peak of their powers and experience.
When he hit the bar I got an instant " pathetic" txt from my supercritical brother ( part of the inspiration 😎 for this post) had that gone in the games won , 9/10 it does but again this , I can only call it a sense of entitlement really I find embarrassing, expect to win domestically? Always!
Know we're always going to win?
Never!
It's why I don't choose Celtic in my accas been burnt too many times and feel I've jinxed it.
Still bet on Celtic just not in any acca.
Nearly there, my ( one of my) points is I didn't get to see the lions or all those incredible results when we were the best. Lost 2nd final in a few seasons and we were favourites to win the champions Cup I mean obviously one of the biggest regrets in life not to get to watch them, buy I can't complain either with the lot I was dealt, not too much, witnessing the mist dominant run by any British club ever, winning 4 trebles on the bounce, run to Seville and all that entailed, Rogics last minute winner when lightning struck, beating Lazio, Barcelona , Shakhter karagandy ( magnificent nights) etc etc etc.

My age makes me acknowledge that the heights I missed were certainly followed by the darkest of times.
Moving to Cambuslang 🙈 plans which would have given us some shitty 52,000 seater , no bigger than ibrox probably needing a refit already, and then Saint Bunnet enters the chat.
Our fans love our club over money and all things outwith family life ( doesn't quite work that sentence I know but you get the jist I'm sure).
When the club needed a saviour we had many, who were willing to step up, losing a club like Celtic given its history would be far more heartbreaking than an establishment club that is allowed to cheat the HMRC for millions, remember " g*d save the king whenever independence is in the news" the King of England loves a traitor.
*TANGENT TANGENT *
Ah yes , so I'm extremely wary, whilst strongly confident we'll continue to dominate the Scottish game but not too long ago the GB accused the manager and board of sleeping at the wheel, we as supporters cantvever afford to do this, everything must be earned and hard fought for, I've seen a more dominant domestically ( in some sense) Celtic side than the Lisbon lions , I lived through the poxy papers heyday killing us slowly everyday ( there was a time before phones folks) watched wim stop them winning 10 in the dark decade.
So seen it all except the crowning glory.
I probably worry too much but complacency cost them the 10, cost us the 10 and I don't want complacency around CP, we have a great dynamic young side again so soon after Ange its exciting enjoy it , we're far far from winners yet so let them be complacent and we do our talking as calmac always says " on the park"
~ok I'm away tae lie doon

Last edited:
I'm too young too remember Auld.
See wit I did there ?
What I will say is that all the naysayers who wrote him Palma and Yang off after not even a full 90 minutes of playing the game in the hoops are now realising they were hasty to judge.
I couldn't understand this , some of the comments on here too " never Celtic standard", " another project winger can't take his man on" and a lot worse not worth mentioning.
I can understand the disappointment we all feel that but let's not take it out on players who've yet to kick a ball in anger for us yet.

I was at his debut game the 3-0 win over Dundee, he got 30 minutes and though we won comfortably that day we were still, as we are now, building/moulding a side.
Trying to see what works well and what's not so much.
Then midweek he got 58 minutes away to Feyenoord, a tough ask of a player who's yet to play a full game for us, feyenoord he was replaced by Yang and he replaced Yang and the Dundee game.
He got it tight for cutting back on his inside, something he does do admittedly, he doesn't have that pace not at that level but his deliveries and strikes are awesome. That outside of the boot pass to Oh was sublime he can give Oriley a run for his money passing wise. Against feyenoord , who was he meant to pass it to if he did beat his man anyway?

Sometimes I think we are so impatient with our new recruits.
Aye they get paid big money but still weans some more mature than others in a foreign land with all that money of the kind they've never seen before in their life £20kpwk ? Can you imagine?
Wee Bernabei is a good example of struggling to fit in , not like there's a huge Argentinian contingent in Scotland, maybe in scenarios like these might be worth the club flying over mates, family etc though they may already do so idk.
Palma and Yang have settled pretty well, as has Tomoki Iwata , not sure if Rodgers thinks he and Calmac are too samesy though watching them I don't. Holm is beginning to show why he's here. Also James Forrest, the legend the enigma goal scorer for the decades 1½, he gets stick unfairly imo, yes he's not 25yr old anymore but he is only 32 he looks like he's sharpening up and I've seen enough players over the years get to his age 32-35 and suddenly have a swansong at the peak of their powers and experience.
When he hit the bar I got an instant " pathetic" txt from my supercritical brother ( part of the inspiration 😎 for this post) had that gone in the games won , 9/10 it does but again this , I can only call it a sense of entitlement really I find embarrassing, expect to win domestically? Always!
Know we're always going to win?
Never!
It's why I don't choose Celtic in my accas been burnt too many times and feel I've jinxed it.
Still bet on Celtic just not in any acca.
Nearly there, my ( one of my) points is I didn't get to see the lions or all those incredible results when we were the best. Lost 2nd final in a few seasons and we were favourites to win the champions Cup I mean obviously one of the biggest regrets in life not to get to watch them, buy I can't complain either with the lot I was dealt, not too much, witnessing the mist dominant run by any British club ever, winning 4 trebles on the bounce, run to Seville and all that entailed, Rogics last minute winner when lightning struck to name but a few, beating Lazio, Barcelona etc etc etc.

My age makes me acknowledge that the heights I missed were certainly followed by the darkest of times.
Moving to Cambuslang 🙈 plans which would have given us some shitty 52,000 seater , no biggercthan ibrox provably needing a refut already then Saint Bunnet.
Our fans love our club over money and all things outwith family life ( doesn't quite work that sentence I know but you get the jist I'm sure).
When the club needed a saviour we had many, who were willing to step up, losing a club like Celtic given its history would be far more heartbreaking than an establishment club that is allowed to cheat the HMRC for millions, remember " g*d save the king whenever independence is in the news" the King of England loves a traitor.
*TANGENT TANGENT *
Ah yes , so I'm extremely wary, whilst strongly confident we'll continue to dominate the Scottish game but not too long ago the GB accused the manager and board of sleeping at the wheel, we as supporters cantvever afford to do this, everything must be earned and hard fought for, I've seen a more dominant domestically ( in some sense) Celtic side than the Lisbon lions , I lived through the poxy papers heyday killing us slowly everyday ( there was a time before phones folks) watched wim stop them winning 10 in the dark decade.
So seen it all except the crowning glory.
I probably worry too much but complacency cost them the 10, cost us the 10 and I don't want complacency around CP, we have a great dynamic young side again so soon after Ange its exciting enjoy it , we're far far from winners yet so let them be complacent and we do our talking as cakmac always says " on the park"
~ok I'm away tae lie doon
Winter you done it again. I get the gist but ffs can you type in installments. Lost the will a third of the way down🤣🤣🤣

Come back to it, efter the adverts or something there's some valid points amongst the chaos, only 4 paragrphs tae so that's a wee wan.
Is it STG I think might be the current tomer?
I've been relatively quiet 🤐
I didn’t even know what a tomer is

So I looked it up and got two meanings

‘The coolest and hottest kid you'll ever meet in your life...’

and

A palm tree

I’ll take somewhere in between

I didn’t even know what a tomer is

So I looked it up and got two meanings

‘The coolest and hottest kid you'll ever meet in your life...’

and

A palm tree

I’ll take somewhere in between
Both kind of describing the other there, need to be coolest and hottest to be a palm tree 🌴 to survive in the hot sandy air , knowing when to leaf 🧥
I was just meaning as in,
tomer i: (noun) a person who actively participates in the art of writing enlightening tomes , ( very legthy scripts). I.e "I get the gist but ffs can you type in installments. Lost the will a third of the way down🤣" (+ 2 other laughing face emojis but im character limited ), quote - Steviebhoy.
Is a fair view that I went on a bit in that rant which tbf I did, still only 4 paragraphs not even a real rant. Really Its just in the dictionary as a large, weighty, scholarly book.
2 skillsets at play 1 is being able to write one the other is having the interest to read it. ( I've never truly done either,)
So the word tomer is just a word I made up though tbf it's no worse than toker , stoner , puffer or something like that 🚬😆
Which may or may not be why the word was first invented , by me

Watching Luis Palma over the last few games has brought back many fond memories of watching my old favourite Bertie Auld.
The gallas nature of the guy just oozies pure class - as the song says I just can't get enough. HH
Must say that's high praise indeed Jinky , to be likened with one of the lions. To come to CP and take the no7 jersey , knowing that can make or break a player at a big club was a brave decision given those who've worn it before him it showed confifence and he's really making it his own.
We're starting now to seeing good signs from some new bhoys just now but it is still early days, Kobayashi had a decent enough start ( would like him loaned to an spfl club if not going to play) So hopefully they'll all kick on Palma , Yang, Iwata,Oh, have all had bright starts to their Celtic careers I'm certain all of these will make it , none of them are over 23 or something.
In fact our starting xi away to Atleti Hart was 36 , next oldest player is calmac 30, Kyogo at 28. Good young squad with winners mentality.
EDIT: The Bertie Auld tifo and pyrotechnics display at Hampden is to this day one of the most touching things I've ever seen and in such an awesome spectacular way it was simply incredible, too see such an exhilarating thing in honour of someone who was honoured to play for us was just beautiful.
There are many clips of the multi tifos that day

Nobody does it better on the terraces nobody's ever done anything like it or bettered it on the field 15 players all but 2 born within 10 mile radius of CP, " what? You say? No way "howvanobeentelt?" but its crazy insane to think that even then as it is now,
Bobby lennox fae the seaside be like a foreigner 😅 bet somebody took the piss about that ? Somebody like Bertie mibbee?

Last edited:
Sometimes we see shapes and faces in the clouds and compare them to somethin' or somebody but it's all in our imagination.

To remotely compare anybody in that current Celtic team to any of the Lisbon lions is a similar phenomenon.

Wee Bertie was a one aff..Louis Thingimy (or whatever his name is) will come and go and we won't even remember him in about 2 years..RIP Bertie🙏..no ontye compares HH 🍀
Clay: Sorry that you appear to have been offended by my simple observation - like yourself I was brought up with the Lions and I feel sorry for those thousands who did not get that opportunity. Those guys were special but they were Celtic men who always appreciated the many talented players that have followed on from them (and there have been quite a few). From a purely personal point of view I am more than happy to give my support to anyone that pulls on the hoops especially when they produce a little bit of magic to get us up off our arse on a cold winters day. HH

"Louis Thingimy (or whatever his name is)"
, suprised you knew what player was been observed for the comparision, considering you have difficulties remembering surnames of the team that was playing and especially as he was contender for MOTM and goalscorer.
1699979075250.jpeg

Morning Clay, what ye up to the day.

His passing accuracy is very good, has some tricks that make up for his lack of speed but he has started very well for new signing. Hope he gets even better over time.
My only concern is his lack of pace to take on top end defenders and beat them for speed.
Doesn't look like it's there naturally, when the defender marking susses his cut back routine out we saw him fade out of the hibs game but not alone by any means in that game.
However if he is succesful at getting the cutback then the deliveries are putting just eat to shame.
Can follow that up with an eye for goal and has had a Stella start to Celtic life. I've no doubt he's going yo be a big player for us and bring in the bucks when it's his time to sell.
Lucky us that *rangers never wanted him, I mean he didn't want them, I mean they didn't want each other, I mean there's so many stories ( as is to be expected from a storytelling klub),
At least our stories are gospel and not made up bs, ( ermmm like the gos....never mind) nothing they can say, didnt want him? Fools!
Didn't want them? Embarrassing player must've heard of Celtics interest, and thought hmm 🤔 this is a difficult one, play for the champions on the champions league stage or play for the runners up trying to qualify but failing, not to mention a certain Emilio guy who's defo had a word in his ear, a normal word not a spurs v Liverpool var , tech expert and assistants assistant type conversation

Clay: Sorry that you appear to have been offended by my simple observation - like yourself I was brought up with the Lions and I feel sorry for those thousands who did not get that opportunity. Those guys were special but they were Celtic men who always appreciated the many talented players that have followed on from them (and there have been quite a few). From a purely personal point of view I am more than happy to give my support to anyone that pulls on the hoops especially when they produce a little bit of magic to get us up off our arse on a cold winters day. HH
Saying a player reminds you of another aw the wummin say th.....oh football players aye, football.
Nothing wrong with that , I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear that.
I see in Kyogo traits I associate with Larsson but that doesn't mean I rate them equally as that's unfair I mean prime Larsson could,would, and did play for 3 of the biggest clubs in world football I was delighted for him, practically changed the Barcelona " beaten mindset" and assisted in the two winning goals, was it T Henry who said we heard of all these threats and big name players but once he came on all he saw was Larsson .

Last edited:
Back