Man City players to Celtic.

Lubos left peg

Just wanted to know people's opinions of celtic being linked with more Man City players.
It's a path we've treaded before when Lawwell was using his sons influence as a scout at City to bring in players like ntcham and Roberts.
Now it's seems we are being linked with a City youngster every other day. Is this just bloggers and media outlets clutching at straws and making assumption now that Lawwell Jnr is on board or could the rumours be true?
Personally, I don't mind bringing talented players to the club but I certainly don't want us to be a shop window club for City to show off their players that will never get a game for them.

Just wanted to know people's opinions of celtic being linked with more Man City players.
It's a path we've treaded before when Lawwell was using his sons influence as a scout at City to bring in players like ntcham and Roberts.
Now it's seems we are being linked with a City youngster every other day. Is this just bloggers and media outlets clutching at straws and making assumption now that Lawwell Jnr is on board or could the rumours be true?
Personally, I don't mind bringing talented players to the club but I certainly don't want us to be a shop window club for City to show off their players that will never get a game for them.
Get what you’re saying,a would be more concerned if it was a Newcastle or Everton we were hand in hand with,,City is a top class outfit,!!

Ive no issue at all raiding clubs like city for good youths lets be honest there will be plenty of players at city who will go on amd have fantastic careers but are just below the standard city need but will be shithot for us as long as we have an option to buy them then its all good

Easy target for lazy journos. Recruitment in the Ange era has been a glorious mystery so far. Looks like CCV and Jota are here to stay. Ange never stops. He will want more players in the areas he has identified as needing improvement / reinforcement. I don't believe in god but I have faith in Ange; for whom we can also thank our Man City relationship. New players will sign and I would expect them to be immediate impact players. I don't even bother reading articles linking us to players because so many are simply regurgitations of something which originated in the 'dilated rectum' (claiming copyright if term not used before :ROFLMAO:). We know the players are coming and we'll hear about them in due course. We're under no pressure to panic buy or punt on potential; we've no European qualification to worry about. Recruits have CL football to look forward to and selling clubs know we can't be shook down. The future is bright, green and white. Chill out and tune out the shite.

As has been said as long as the options are there to buy if they’re good enuff.
It’s a no brainer.
But still think Another Japanese Bhoy will appear, In trust we Ange.
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Personally lubos I wouldn't be looking into it to much myself.
I think Ange knows himself exactly the type of players he actually wants, and already seen what fantastic value for money and the quality of players he has bought into the club so far.
If man City have got players that suits Ange's fit then great, not an issue and lawell will have a great idea to know if potential wages could become an issue also.
City as far as I'm concerned blaggered Roberts with looking for a unrealistic fee for his dream move to us, and well knew ntcham could become a problem within a changing room, so they are no mugs with players they are preparing to offload either.
I don't think Ange will ever allow us to become any type of feeder club for anyone, especially for the likes of City either.
So believe that now we are in a position with a manager who will either play ball with us or fuck off, not bothered either way if anything should develop, but can't see Ange being held to ransom from the city shitehawks either now imo.

Citys set up is quite something the academy if you want to call it that makes ours look like a social club it's massive and the number of coaches/staff could nearly fill the lower main stand
with Lawwells son being here we'll always be linked with the city group , it's not a bad thing but we also have a manger who knows the type of player he wants ,so as long as he gets the final say and we don't get projects forced upon us i'll be happy ,,,,well not happy ,,,,maybe content

Citys set up is quite something the academy if you want to call it that makes ours look like a social club it's massive and the number of coaches/staff could nearly fill the lower main stand
with Lawwells son being here we'll always be linked with the city group , it's not a bad thing but we also have a manger who knows the type of player he wants ,so as long as he gets the final say and we don't get projects forced upon us i'll be happy ,,,,well not happy ,,,,maybe content
Yir just a big candy floss of softness

HH 😂

"Celtic Diary Friday May 27: Ange Can’t Go For That

A few little details are emerging about the possible loan signing of Taylor Harwood Bellis, and it’s perhaps not the details themselves that are cause for concern, but the possibility that the control exerted by a previous CEO has been inherited by the new one.

It appears that Manchester City have made it clear that the player should be in the first team, if fit, and there is no option to buy.

It’s not known whether or not Celtic will have to provide him with a valet to dress, clean and feed him in the morning.

That means that the manager is not in control of who dons the hoops for any given game, surely something he will not tolerate ?

If whoever is behind the deal imposes this regardless, then we have a problem.."

Taken from Etims.

This is my concern. We all know Ange is his own man.....BUT.....to our board, no one is bigger than Celtic, well their bonuses to be excact. We have seen our board not give to fucks about who is in the dugout or what the fans think.
At the end of the day, if they want to tell Ange what to do and who to sign, and he doesn't like it, they will tell him to fuck off. Strachan, Lennon and Kennedy are all happily waiting in the wings for the call from the blazers.
We will definitely find out early in the tranfer window if it's a case of "out with the old, in with the old" where our board are concerned and whether Ange will be in the dugout at the end of the season!!

I know this is all a bit doom and gloom after the season we've just had but I'm so used to our board fucking up a good thing...and with the Lawwell name and the connections to the City group and the links with City youngsters, I'm worried we are going down a road we've gone down so many times before.

"Celtic Diary Friday May 27: Ange Can’t Go For That

A few little details are emerging about the possible loan signing of Taylor Harwood Bellis, and it’s perhaps not the details themselves that are cause for concern, but the possibility that the control exerted by a previous CEO has been inherited by the new one.

It appears that Manchester City have made it clear that the player should be in the first team, if fit, and there is no option to buy.

It’s not known whether or not Celtic will have to provide him with a valet to dress, clean and feed him in the morning.

That means that the manager is not in control of who dons the hoops for any given game, surely something he will not tolerate ?

If whoever is behind the deal imposes this regardless, then we have a problem.."

Taken from Etims.

This is my concern. We all know Ange is his own man.....BUT.....to our board, no one is bigger than Celtic, well their bonuses to be excact. We have seen our board not give to fucks about who is in the dugout or what the fans think.
At the end of the day, if they want to tell Ange what to do and who to sign, and he doesn't like it, they will tell him to fuck off. Strachan, Lennon and Kennedy are all happily waiting in the wings for the call from the blazers.
We will definitely find out early in the tranfer window if it's a case of "out with the old, in with the old" where our board are concerned and whether Ange will be in the dugout at the end of the season!!

I know this is all a bit doom and gloom after the season we've just had but I'm so used to our board fucking up a good thing...and with the Lawwell name and the connections to the City group and the links with City youngsters, I'm worried we are going down a road we've gone down so many times before.
I can fully understand your concerns regarding deals with City and reliving the past.
However, I still think that the benifit of any doubt should be with Ange and can't see him putting up with such nonsense either and certainly one that we as a club need to either.
I look at city and they have spent a fortune on John stones and Ake who remain as only back up CB and imo still nowhere good enough still for city to land a CL title for which they crave for so badly still.
If they see these potential young players as there future, then that's fair enough, but I will be fucked at supporting any action that wants to use our club to benefit the likes of city or any other club come to think about it.
We are now in a position to get players on permanent deals and fight for there position to get into the team, and keep the standards high enough to warrant keeping your position within the team.
I think this physiology is what Ange will be looking for and any interference to how he wants to set the team up will be not be tolerated from board level amongst the support.
Still remain very relaxed about this transfer window, and hoping Ange can continue with the quality he has already bought into the club, and certainly don't need loan's as such imo, and definitely not going to be dictated to from any club or board member ever again either.

Back