Man City, Sevco, the Celtic board and the SMSM.

Lubos left peg

The EFA has charged city with over 100 breaches of their financial rules and it got me thinking.....
Are Celtic fans lucky that our MSM are the way they are? Does it actually keep our board in check, while, at the same time, helping in the eventual collapse of Sevco...the same way in which they assisted in the death of Rangers? Not on purpose ofcourse...but they are to dumb to realise it!!
The Celtic board are business men and like any other business person, they will want to increase profits while decreasing spend. But unlike other businesses, our board are under constant scrutiny from the MSM. Look at what the did with DD when his name popped up in the Pananma papers! Our board know that should they forget to declare even £5.99, that they made from the sale of a Celtic teddy, in the supporters shop, they would be crucified!! Does that keep them on the straight and narrow. I'm sure there's been many accountants over the years that may have suggested good ways to save on tax but our board know exactly what would happen....
And yet it did happen, across the city, for years. And the media kept quiet. And its been happening....again...for the last 10 years....and the media keep quiet. In their attempt to protect and build up their favourite club, what they are actually doing in digging its grave!!! Again.
So maybe our media, being the way they are, actually protects our club from people like White, Green and dodgy Dave.
Maybe its not a bad thing.....all the time.

The EFA has charged city with over 100 breaches of their financial rules and it got me thinking.....
Are Celtic fans lucky that our MSM are the way they are? Does it actually keep our board in check, while, at the same time, helping in the eventual collapse of Sevco...the same way in which they assisted in the death of Rangers? Not on purpose ofcourse...but they are to dumb to realise it!!
The Celtic board are business men and like any other business person, they will want to increase profits while decreasing spend. But unlike other businesses, our board are under constant scrutiny from the MSM. Look at what the did with DD when his name popped up in the Pananma papers! Our board know that should they forget to declare even £5.99, that they made from the sale of a Celtic teddy, in the supporters shop, they would be crucified!! Does that keep them on the straight and narrow. I'm sure there's been many accountants over the years that may have suggested good ways to save on tax but our board know exactly what would happen....
And yet it did happen, across the city, for years. And the media kept quiet. And its been happening....again...for the last 10 years....and the media keep quiet. In their attempt to protect and build up their favourite club, what they are actually doing in digging its grave!!! Again.
So maybe our media, being the way they are, actually protects our club from people like White, Green and dodgy Dave.
Bit fucked up that Lubo, if u don't mind me saying, especially this bit,

So maybe our media, being the way they are, actually protects our club from people like White, Green and ....

Maybe I'm reading it wrong ? The MSM 'protects' our club?.

Bit fucked up that Lubo, if u don't mind me saying, especially this bit,

So maybe our media, being the way they are, actually protects our club from people like White, Green and ....

Maybe I'm reading it wrong ? The MSM 'protects' our club?.

Not on purpose Brim. What I mean is, they media appear to be out to get our club, any chance they get. If a board member got fined for littering, it would make back page and front page news. My point is, in their hatred of our club, they actually protect it from conmen or snidey deals. Put is this way, would dave King have got away with half the stuff he did at sevco if he was a celtic board member....not a chance...the media would go after him, simply because he was connected to our club and not theirs.

Man City and Chelsea are 2 clubs that have been caught out over the years cutting corners when it comes to finances. The Celtic board know they could never get away with doing things like that (I'm not saying that they would) because the media would be all over them the second it happened.

Not on purpose Brim. What I mean is, they media appear to be out to get our club, any chance they get. If a board member got fined for littering, it would make back page and front page news. My point is, in their hatred of our club, they actually protect it from conmen or snidey deals. Put is this way, would dave King have got away with half the stuff he did at sevco if he was a celtic board member....not a chance...the media would go after him, simply because he was connected to our club and not theirs.
I'm still no getting it. But I trust you cos I've had a few 'real ales' the day.

£5.99 fur a teddy in the Celtic Shop no way Lubo ye need tae have gone tae Timland for them prices 😂

A wee bit arse for elbow there Lubo would be more accurate to highlight the compliant SMSM in hiding and protecting the hun financial doping cheating etc in relation to the Manchester City news rather than giving them credit for any twisted part they play in helping our awareness of what we would or wouldn't get away with. (I know that's not your intention here)
Will be interesting to see the outcome of any investigation in the EPL that potentially seeks to take away titles as a result of financial cheating ... That would be the right thing to do wouldnt it 🤔

Think I got the essence of your post Lubo, however I'll refrain from engaging due to my reply wandering from the gist of same, however, I do feel the need to agree wholeheartedly with all you say/scribe, in other words maybe aye, maybe naw.
Question, the Panama reference, is that Canal or Hat?
Asking because I can make a hat from the papers and can send the papers down the river.

All kinds of misdemeanors have went on in football since it's inception. From junior clubs playing ringers and using anything apart from cash to pay players right up to the malarkey that the deid club got up to along with their European equivalents. The cheating has just become more inventive and lucrative with the money that's now involved.

It's very difficult for the powers that be to sanction these clubs because they themselves are corrupt and it will keep continuing so long as they police themselves.

If clubs think they have the slightest advantage by cheating a bit, they'll do it. Some are just changing a date of birth on a registration form and others are evading and avoiding paying tax or spending outwith their means.

Financial Fair Play - no such thing exists.

On Earth, all known living things have a carbon based structure and system. Scientists have speculated about the pros and cons of using atoms other than carbon to form the molecular structures necessary for life, but no-one has proposed a theory employing such atoms to form the necessary structures.
Then, the SFA split the atom in an imperfect way and Sevco was created.
Here endeth the lesson.

Brilliant title Lubo!
The Celtic board are career businessmen. Their love is for profit not people.
Dermot Desmond is a billionaire. The ratio of decent person per billionaire is likely to be quite low.
However, we have a fine team of thoroughly-likeable players who revel in the opportunity to wear our colours.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back