Maradona wants to be Edouard

No chance Messi ๐Ÿ˜‰
Tbh I think Messi is now up there, he's been consistently brilliant for so long now he may well be the best player I've ever seen. Not a great leader though, without Maradona Argentina in 86 were an average team at best but he raised them to a different level, same with Napoli, that's something Messi can't do, probably the only thing he can't do on a football pitch, other than goalkeeping maybe! ๐Ÿ˜น

No chance Messi ๐Ÿ˜‰
Judge a player in his era as the next great will be along and so it repeats and so the arguments remain, each man the greatest ever in his time. Jimmy McGrory is Britain's leading goalscorer, boasting an astonishing tally of 550 goals in just 547 appearances in all competitions for Celtic FC and Clydebank FC between 1921 and 1937.

Let that sink in more goals than games played.

Tbh I think Messi is now up there, he's been consistently brilliant for so long now he may well be the best player I've ever seen. Not a great leader though, without Maradona Argentina in 86 were an average team at best but he raised them to a different level, same with Napoli, that's something Messi can't do, probably the only thing he can't do on a football pitch, other than goalkeeping maybe! ๐Ÿ˜น
Best of this era with Ronaldo no far behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it's maradona hands down. Messi maybe second followed probably by Ronaldinho (Pele was before my time so can't compare him). maradona got the shit kicked out of him in every match and just got up and played on. If it was any of the modern day players the game would be stopped for a half an hour and the offender charged with attempted murder. I know maradona was no saint, but neither was pele.
Plus the English hate maradona, so all the more reason to pick him!

Back