Marvelous' Marvin Hagler: American boxing legend dies aged 66

My boxing hero as a youngster will never forget that 3 round all out war of a "street fight" against Hitman Hearns incredible stuff and probably the best fight I've still ever seen. Think Hagler was undefeated for a decade and I honestly couldnt believe it when sugar Ray Robinson beat him after coming out of retirement, he was very clever and just jabbed and run jabbed and run scoring the points enough to win Hagler constantly on the front foot walked into it. Perhaps being unbeaten made Hagler complacent but still what a fighter .

My boxing hero as a youngster will never forget that 3 round all out war of a "street fight" against Hitman Hearns incredible stuff and probably the best fight I've still ever seen. Think Hagler was undefeated for a decade and I honestly couldnt believe it when sugar Ray Robinson beat him after coming out of retirement, he was very clever and just jabbed and run jabbed and run scoring the points enough to win Hagler constantly on the front foot walked into it. Perhaps being unbeaten made Hagler complacent but still what a fighter .
Ray Robinson 🤔

Hagler v Leonard was probably my favourite ever fight, loved it. So many great middleweight fights in the 80s between Hagler, Leonard, Hearns and Duran, fantastic era in boxing.

RIP Marvelous, a true legend 🥊

There have been many era's where people have been the best, but they didn't have to do too much to be the best

Hagler was part of an era where the other top 5 fighters in his division were almost as good as him. Talent aside, he had courage and an ability to figure out a way to beat anyone.
A hard mother fucker that didnt tak the talk, just walked the walk.

there was a beeb documentary not so long ago that featured this and you could hear it
i was convinced with my dad watching it several times over mccoist said 'fuck yer pope'
Really wish he had skelped the wee cunt!

Talking of cunts, came out to the shed for some peace and my hun neighbour is playing his flute, all the windows open. I'm ready to go round there and jam the thing right up his hole!

I remember when Haggler fought in London he was showered with bottles after he beat Alan Minter. Minter had sevvie type supporters after he allegedly said, No black man will ever beat me. Marvin would put him right on that score. Marvin leathers him something awful.

I never knew Minter said that 😾

Marvin was brilliant in that fight, different league to Minter. His right hand is terrifying, massive range, he can land it on the button from 5 feet away with power! Amazing.

Members online

Latest posts

Back