Marvin Compper Finally Gone

James Forrest

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Staff member
Well, that's one off the wage bill anyway ...

I'm sure that there's been a lot of chit-chat in private (and in public) about why Marvin Compper fell out of favour at Celtic Park so swiftly, and so completely, as he did. It's to the club's credit that whatever it was stayed in-house, and that's where it should remain.

Save to say this; this guy cost us a lot of money. He was fit for long periods of time when he wasn't even in consideration. With his experience there was no reason why he couldn't, and shouldn't, have been a member of the first team squad.

It's probably very safe to say that there were issues other than his fitness and his ability.

Well, that's one off the wage bill anyway ...

I'm sure that there's been a lot of chit-chat in private (and in public) about why Marvin Compper fell out of favour at Celtic Park so swiftly, and so completely, as he did. It's to the club's credit that whatever it was stayed in-house, and that's where it should remain.

Save to say this; this guy cost us a lot of money. He was fit for long periods of time when he wasn't even in consideration. With his experience there was no reason why he couldn't, and shouldn't, have been a member of the first team squad.

It's probably very safe to say that there were issues other than his fitness and his ability.
ach thought ah a "scoop" on that one, drat!

Hahaha.

I think we've probably all heard rumours about this which are better not put into print.

When I first heard some of those stories my initial reaction was to readily dismiss them as clear-cut nonsense. We're about 18 months down the line and he didn't kick a ball in anger in that whole time. I think definitely something major happened behind the scenes.

There’s nothing worse than a tease James - can you not just tell us and put allegedly in front of it?

All I’ve heard is he was truly awful, - to the point that the players could scarcely believe that we had signed him in the first place.

Surely if he had been guilty of anything, that let’s say, wasn’t above board, we would simply of sacked him?

On the face of it he just seems like another case of Congerton and Rodgers getting it so wrong.

The thing is, there's a lot of stuff not covered in the manual let's just say.

If your own work found out that you were a secret peeping tom, they might not be able to sack you, but you wouldn't be allowed near the ladies toilets ;)

All I'm gonna say. (And that in no way suggests that Compper was drilling holes into doors or anything, it's just an example!)

There’s nothing worse than a tease James - can you not just tell us and put allegedly in front of it?

All I’ve heard is he was truly awful, - to the point that the players could scarcely believe that we had signed him in the first place.

Surely if he had been guilty of anything, that let’s say, wasn’t above board, we would simply of sacked him?

On the face of it he just seems like another case of Congerton and Rodgers getting it so wrong.

Yeah they bozo’s are more accountable for this farce than he.

Lets face it a mans gotta eat.

But wit a red neck ballsy fkr lifting that Cup ???

The thing is, there's a lot of stuff not covered in the manual let's just say.

If your own work found out that you were a secret peeping tom, they might not be able to sack you, but you wouldn't be allowed near the ladies toilets ;)

All I'm gonna say. (And that in no way suggests that Compper was drilling holes into doors or anything, it's just an example!)
Eh James? WTF - come on now, that tease is even worse than saying nothing at all! ??? I guess we'll find out one day...

Back