Mascots

John Sweeney

Stories again today about how some English and Welsh clubs charge children for the privilege of being the matchday mascot while others offer it for free. West Ham charge an unbelievable £700, Leicester £600 and even second tier clubs like Swansea and Nottingham Forest charge £400 to £ 600. The two Liverpool clubs on the other hand draw names at random and for free from names in a junior scheme, The defence for charging is usually that the cost includes match tickets, hospitality etc. Still seems greedy and wrong to me Anybody know the Celtic policy on this?

Stories again today about how some English and Welsh clubs charge children for the privilege of being the matchday mascot while others offer it for free. West Ham charge an unbelievable £700, Leicester £600 and even second tier clubs like Swansea and Nottingham Forest charge £400 to £ 600. The two Liverpool clubs on the other hand draw names at random and for free from names in a junior scheme, The defence for charging is usually that the cost includes match tickets, hospitality etc. Still seems greedy and wrong to me Anybody know the Celtic policy on this?
Heard about this scandal last year mate, to be honest I'd be shocked if celtic were not already on this gravy train, hopefully someone in the know can give us details. I would like to think it should be by ballot and at no cost to the parents but unlikely these days.

That is fkn disgusting. Whats the difference between kids eh.

Some are poor through no fault of their own.

Sickens me.

That is fkn disgusting. Whats the difference between kids eh.

Some are poor through no fault of their own.

Sickens me.
Even if they had money the game relies on the young as the lifeblood of the game without fans the game is nothing. I would tell them to shove their strip their cards up their fucking arse and would let them know you think its alright to give some of the arseholes on the park 3 to 30000k a week but charge a wean and his parents to walk onto a piece of shit grass and sit in the cold watching a game for £600. get the fucking sharks out of the game.

What an outrage, charging that obscene amount of money for kids to be a 5 minute mascot. I sincerely hope we aren't charging that or anything at Paradise. These are the fans of the future and you don't want them to be put off by thinking that it's financially beyond their means to follow Celtic.

Does Celtic’s no come out the hoopy hound club? Sure a read that somewhere

What an outrage, charging that obscene amount of money for kids to be a 5 minute mascot. I sincerely hope we aren't charging that or anything at Paradise. These are the fans of the future and you don't want them to be put off by thinking that it's financially beyond their means to follow Celtic.
Talk about clubs treating fans as customers, as long as punters are paying these prices then clubs will milk them for all they've got im afraid.

Totally out of order,but does that really surprise anyone ,down south they are making bags of money from ,sponsors,tv,and whatever,would think then that only the really well off would pay this sort of dosh for their kids to be mascots,so much for the games is for all,like to think we do it by random pick from the kids club,hh

Shammy, Shammy too hot. You should defo get that shower gel fkn amazing.

Might even tighten ye haha

Members online

Latest posts

Back