Matt O'Riley appreciation thread

Lubos left peg

At this rate every player is going to have one but I believe in O'Riley we have really struck gold. He can beat players. He can pick a pass and he's only going to get better. A lot of people are comparing him to Rogic which is high praise in its self.
In his interviews, he shows that he has listened to every word his manager has said to him. Listening to him talk fills me with confidence that something special is happening at Celtic at the moment....

My predictions are never wrong...
I predicted Ange would be amazing from day one.
I predicted hatates 1st goal would be the best goal ever scored since the discovery of football.
I predict the O'Rileys goal on Sunday will be an absolute wonder goal and the 1st of many!!

Beyond impressed with O'Riley - not only with his eye for a pass and his movement off the ball, but also with his demeanour.

Early interviews have shown his humility and his willingness to be here and learn. It also seems to tally up with story that he took a significant pay cut to go and play regular football at MK Dons.

Ange didn't exactly appear heartbroken when the McGree deal collapsed and it was likely because O'Riley might have been a better fit for his footballing philosophy.

The bottom line is, is that he's a snip at the price we paid. Also considering what we paid for Juranovic and Hatate (and the speculative fee for Daizen) - then Celtic have pretty much gotten away with highway robbery this season.

Probably gonna get a boot in the goolies for posting this on Matt's thread, but bein' a Govan man ma goolies are made of strong stuff. Was having' a chinwag with my brother on the phone earlier, the thing we find truly amazing is the level of player brought to the club. They've all, ( or at least most of them ) been terrific. Of the 15 or 16 signed, most of them have stepped up when needed. Matt is another welcome example of the " works in progress " days being behind us. But yes, he certainly looks to be something of a find. HH

My predictions are never wrong...
I predicted Ange would be amazing from day one.
I predicted hatates 1st goal would be the best goal ever scored since the discovery of football.
I predict the O'Rileys goal on Sunday will be an absolute wonder goal and the 1st of many!!
He’s a real box to box player Lubo love the range of passing his quick feet he’s started on fire I know it’s early but think he’s a winner

HH 🍀👏

Members online

Latest posts

Back