Missing the game

Colbhoy

Going to miss the game today, I live in Australia & found out my mum is basically going to die soon, so booked flight home, flight leave here same time as game kicks off & won't know result until after I arrive in London tomorrow morning, but it's my mum & have/hope to arrive back before the inevitable happens.
Said to my brother hope she realises what I am giving up for her, would do it all day long. Just shit timing.
Hope to read a lot of happy posts in London waiting for my Glasgow flight.
Hail hail everything. COYBIG.

Going to miss the game today, I live in Australia & found out my mum is basically going to die soon, so booked flight home, flight leave here same time as game kicks off & won't know result until after I arrive in London tomorrow morning, but it's my mum & have/hope to arrive back before the inevitable happens.
Said to my brother hope she realises what I am giving up for her, would do it all day long. Just shit timing.
Very sad news Colbhoy. You are in our thoughts. ?

Forget what Shankley said, Col. There are more important things in life than a game of football.

Godspeed and best wishes that you get to spend this time with your Ma'. Cherish every second and let her know what she did for you, what she means to you, and the places in your heart and mind where she'll always remain.

Be bold, brave and strong, Col. My thoughts are with you.

Same thing happened to me in 2012, but it was the day we won the league. It took the edge off it for me and somehow nothing seemed to matter. I was on another forum at the time and wrote a post similar to yours, someone posted back 4 letters that brought a lump to my throat and still do now.
Y.N.W.A. HH pal.

You may be able to buy WiFi on your flight
Not sure if all airlines offer it I know Emerates does If so log into Celticnoise and you'll be sure to find out

Sorry to here about your mum As you say shit happens Hope you make it back in time to see her

God Bless your mum and your family

HH?

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Safe journey hame.
God Bless

Prayers and thoughts mate,stay strong. HH

0150630289a2821b21532f3a7d0971f3.jpg

Colbhoy, I’m so sorry to hear about your mum and how difficult a time this must be for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family just now.

YNWA
Celtic were class today and won 2 goals to nil. HH

Thanks again for support, unfortunately my mum passed away yesterday morning just about the time I got off the plane in Glasgow, my brother had told her I was coming but she couldn't hold on any longer. Mum know I loved her so I bold on to that. HH

Reactions: Ray
Thanks again for support, unfortunately my mum passed away yesterday morning just about the time I got off the plane in Glasgow, my brother had told her I was coming but she couldn't hold on any longer. Mum know I loved her so I bold on to that. HH
Hard to hit the 'like' button mate, thoughts are with you & your family, at this terrible time
But we are all in your corner
I know what it's like to live thousands of miles away from family & I have been through that very scenario, with both my mum & dad
You are part of the Celtic family and you'll always have an ear on here
Best to you & your family
Yours in Celtic
YNWA

Back