Motherwell v Champs, Sun 25-Feb-24 at noon. MIB=Gollum

Never thought we had that in us today but well done Idah for pulling us out a hole.Glad to see big CCV back and the defense look more settled when he came on.Winning this title will be sweeter than any of the titles won under Ange but can we really do this?
We have to play the way we did in the 2nd half over 90mins in every match from here on in. The first half was less than lacklustre but subs made an impact for a change and Idah giving us an equaliser gave the bhoys some heart. I hope that snatching victory from the jaws of defeat gives the players confidence and the drive to pull out all the stops.

Ano I'm talking in cliches here but today's win has to be a springboard to pile in and get the job done.

I don't see the mankies dropping any points so the onus is on us to bury the dross first and foremost then nab wins against the league leaders. It's doable, if the bhoys want it enough.

There are some who really need to get their mojo back like Daizen and Matt who are first picks and we really need to get some good coaching done on set pieces etc. I say that every bloody week though and nothing changes!

Well done to Joe Hart as well who pulled off a couple of brilliant saves to keep Motherwell out at crucial times. I can't understand why we seem unable to play for the entire 90-100 minutes. We don't have to be going full tilt the whole time but spend too long in every game standing off and pussing about along our own back line.

Whilst I think big Scales has been our best defender this season when CCV was out he can tend to slow the quick pass out sometimes. Hopefully with CCV back Scales will feel confident and get that going more often.
Iwata is a great foil to have in there with his reliability he links up well and provides physicality and protection so great to see him back.
Big Idah has to be a starter now and all of a sudden we have a bit of strength and physicality through the spine of the team from back to front this can only help the much maligned wingers.
Last piece of the jigsaw that would really give us belief would be a fit Hatate.
Here's hoping he's got a part to play in the run in. Think he's expected back middle of March.

The team still has much to prove but with CCV back we have much more hope.

We have to play the way we did in the 2nd half over 90mins in every match from here on in. The first half was less than lacklustre but subs made an impact for a change and Idah giving us an equaliser gave the bhoys some heart. I hope that snatching victory from the jaws of defeat gives the players confidence and the drive to pull out all the stops.

Ano I'm talking in cliches here but today's win has to be a springboard to pile in and get the job done.

I don't see the mankies dropping any points so the onus is on us to bury the dross first and foremost then nab wins against the league leaders. It's doable, if the bhoys want it enough.

There are some who really need to get their mojo back like Daizen and Matt who are first picks and we really need to get some good coaching done on set pieces etc. I say that every bloody week though and nothing changes!
Absolutely spot on, Shammy. I also thought there was a bit of belief in that second half. Just need to keep it going.

Everything starts with rolling the sleeves up.

Take as many cliches as you need mate.

Well the dust has settled now and so has my heart rate,just!!!ma tuppence worth,Adam Idah,and Yang ,ccv changed the whole game for us,big guys hold up play when we eventually get it to him is top drawer,he’s quite prepared to take a hit which is what’s been sadly lacking this season up front..Yang for all the slagging the wee man takes is quite prepared to go at the fullback which spooked the cunt ?also gets back and defends when needed,,big ccv no nonsense had the guy bear in his pocket from minute he stepped on the park….today was a massive statement from our players,it showed balls the size of melons and that they’re well up for a battle…also the wee rodent bastard collum needs chased to fuck from officiating our games ,he’s just a dire referee…🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀✊🏻well done celtic and Rodgers today welcome to the campaign!!

I can't say I agree with Brendan in his after match interview. I actually think a lot of our "problems" are because we do too many short passes and not enough longer ones.

Also pinning teams back just results in us having to break down an even more packed defence, which doesn't suit most of the players in our squad.

Think wit he means about the long passing??iwata was brought into the team to be the link guy,,but Taylor and Johnston constantly would pass back to nawrocki or scales missing him out??when they really should be giving iwata the pass who could then feed oriley,mcgregor??but let’s just enjoy today coz this was most definitely a title decider in ma books?

We got away with one today. Papering over the cracks springs to mind. 1st half truly awful bearing mind of previous games.
Thankfully they tired in 2nd half otherwise we'd be in deeper shit. This ain't championship winning form. We're playing like a mid table team. At best. I love my team and would never throw in the towel but we need to get a grip.

Daizun and Mat should be rested mate. Daizun works his socks of but rarely end product. No idea regarding O'Reilly. Maybe too many games.

Didn't see what it said , but how many times will Rodgers allow him to be booked for taking off the jersey?
A stupid rule but it is the rules and we cannot afford to be losing payers due to this , I get it he was buzzing but was idah not buzzing? Yes he was but no silly booking.
We cannot continue this heart attack fitba, giving the opposition a goal start ( peach that it was) but we got there thankfully in the end but 94th and 95th minute is cutting it too close for comfort, certainly too close for my health , not sure my ticker can take much more of that 🥵
We won, that's what matters and laughable to hear boyd praise us as he thinks it's already over.
Obviously forgotten we've beaten them twice already, good at forgetting that mob.
Let's turn the screw Celtic, I've a wee feeling they'll drop points, and not just against us still a way to go yet.
Mon the hoops , job done , still got some nails left , on my big toes 🥵
The thatch headed fat boy was getting pelters today from the Celtic fans behind the gantry, can't wait to see his fizzog when we overtake them, I see the Daily Rancid giving it large on seats being damaged in the away end, not something that any of us want to see, but this is the level of their reporting, anything that is anti Celtic is published, yet nothing said when they trash other teams stadiums, George Square, etc, and to all lurking Huns, I say, you are but a pimple on the arse of life, and the sooner you go bust again the better, you monobrowed, monosyllabic, piles of utter shoite, so ye are 🇮🇪

We will face 10 defenders and have to get around or through them. We seldom score from set pieces so that needs improving. I watched the match and at half time I was gloomy. Barely a shot on goal. Relief when we got the winner joy when we scored the third. 11 cup finals to go. My heart might explode

We will face 10 defenders and have to get around or through them. We seldom score from set pieces so that needs improving. I watched the match and at half time I was gloomy. Barely a shot on goal. Relief when we got the winner joy when we scored the third. 11 cup finals to go. My heart might explode
Not for the faint hearted doc👍….your heart might explode with joy..

Please Brendan can we stop this high line shite defending!!!there goal today,,Aberdeens,Kilmarnocks and many many more this season are all coming from the exact same scenario,noo that big useless tool Kennedy wants to get a grip of the defenders every training session from here on til the end of season and work on this,
Many times is big scales gonny get rodgered before the penny drops to keep players on there wrong foot??entering our box?..or stand a couple of yards off when the balls getting launched up field..its basic stuff?…also when we have a throw in or corner all our players are marked but when opponents get same they have the freedom of the pitch??some of this is school boy stuff…

Please Brendan can we stop this high line shite defending!!!there goal today,,Aberdeens,Kilmarnocks and many many more this season are all coming from the exact same scenario,noo that big useless tool Kennedy wants to get a grip of the defenders every training session from here on til the end of season and work on this,
Many times is big scales gonny get rodgered before the penny drops to keep players on there wrong foot??entering our box?..or stand a couple of yards off when the balls getting launched up field..its basic stuff?…also when we have a throw in or corner all our players are marked but when opponents get same they have the freedom of the pitch??some of this is school boy stuff…

Yep!

There’s a lot of basic stuff we can improve on…

Members online

Back