Motherwell v Champs, Sun 25-Feb-24 at noon. MIB=Gollum

Bridie Bhoy

Let's start this early so we can start to refocus on more positive things such as supporting the Champions. A tricky encounter coming up this weekend in an early kick-off, with Gollum no doubt desperate to prove to his LRA & Ludge friends that he hates the Tims as much as they do.

Hopefully BR and the coaching team will spend this week wisely overhauling our tactics, formation and practicing defending & attacking set-pieces. We cannot continue using the same system and players that simply have not performed well in the last couple of months. There is word that we may risk CCV for this match - I'd rather not, but it might be necessary to avoid us heading towards crisis point. I really hope we go 3-5-2, with Iwata in protecting the defence and starting play in a quarter-back style role. It might take him a couple of matches to get into a rhythm, but pushing CalMac further forward and adding more physicality into midfield is a smart move in my book.

Whatever formation, team selection, tactics and substitutions we chose to use then it only works if the players put in a shift for the whole match. So they had better roll up their sleeves and work hard to get a victory. 3 points is the most important aspect - if we improve our goal difference and/or turn on the style, then all the better. Mon the Hoops.

Let's start this early so we can start to refocus on more positive things such as supporting the Champions. A tricky encounter coming up this weekend in an early kick-off, with Gollum no doubt desperate to prove to his LRA & Ludge friends that he hates the Tims as much as they do.

Hopefully BR and the coaching team will spend this week wisely overhauling our tactics, formation and practicing defending & attacking set-pieces. We cannot continue using the same system and players that simply have not performed well in the last couple of months. There is word that we may risk CCV for this match - I'd rather not, but it might be necessary to avoid us heading towards crisis point. I really hope we go 3-5-2, with Iwata in protecting the defence and starting play in a quarter-back style role. It might take him a couple of matches to get into a rhythm, but pushing CalMac further forward and adding more physicality into midfield is a smart move in my book.

Whatever formation, team selection, tactics and substitutions we chose to use then it only works if the players put in a shift for the whole match. So they had better roll up their sleeves and work hard to get a victory. 3 points is the most important aspect - if we improve our goal difference and/or turn on the style, then all the better. Mon the Hoops.
The bhoys need to dig deep to find the desire, drive, rhythm and intensity that they seem to have lost. They also need to be braver going forward and take the chance to pass the ball ahead instead of backwards and sideways.

They're low in confidence but I think they'd pick up their game if BR chose a consistent team. Some of BR's decisions have been baffling to us (Iwata on the bench ffs when the midfield needs a bit of dig)and I'm sure the players must be perplexed too.

I still think BR has lost the dressing room and possibly even the backroom staff and that if he was gone these bhoys would play better.

Working on the assumption that CCV & AJ are still out, Bernabei should never pull on the jersey again, and BR won't even try 3 at the back, go back to 433 and get O'Riley and McGregor push forward and try Idah off the right (we're desperate and he cant be any worse than Kuhn or Maeda were there on Saturday). Nawrocki must start ahead of Welsh, get him firing the ball forward to MOR and Idah on the right side, get us up the park quickly.

Hart
Ralston Nawrocki Scales Taylor
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Idah Kyogo Palma
Subs Bain Lagerbielke Holm Kelly Bernardo Yang Maeda Forrest Oh

Starting with our wingers is like starting with 2 men down.This is madness.Would like to see 352 but know Rodgers will more than likely change nothing.The best striker in the country playing in the number 10 role is also ridiculous .You've got to wonder what these players do in training as they continue to take far too many touches ,pass the ball sideways or backwards.Starting to get sick listening to the same pish from Rodgers.

Brendan’s not for changing mate!!!4-3-3…

Working on the assumption that CCV & AJ are still out, Bernabei should never pull on the jersey again, and BR won't even try 3 at the back, go back to 433 and get O'Riley and McGregor push forward and try Idah off the right (we're desperate and he cant be any worse than Kuhn or Maeda were there on Saturday). Nawrocki must start ahead of Welsh, get him firing the ball forward to MOR and Idah on the right side, get us up the park quickly.

Hart
Ralston Nawrocki Scales Taylor
O'Riley Iwata McGregor
Idah Kyogo Palma
Subs Bain Lagerbielke Holm Kelly Bernardo Yang Maeda Forrest Oh
Nawrocki had a nightmare in the second half against Aberdeen but he does move the ball quicker than Welsh or Scales who are both very limited and dither like fuck on the ball.CCV and Nawrocki would start for me when fit.

CCV should only start if he is fit. If he doesn't then Nawrocki for Welsh is a must.
Taylor needs to play for the full 90 + and yes Iwata needs brought in from the cold to provide physicality and protect the back four when pressed.

I'm finding it difficult to see where the improvement is gonna come from to be honest. None from Palma Maeda Yang or Kuhn are providing any real threat. Maybe try young Vata up there with Kyogo and Idah.
BR looks as though he has no clue how to turn this around from what we are witnessing week in week out.

As always I'll be supporting the team all be it more in hope of a victory than any feeling of confidence no matter who we play at the moment. Mon the Celtic

CCV should only start if he is fit. If he doesn't then Nawrocki for Welsh is a must.
Taylor needs to play for the full 90 + and yes Iwata needs brought in from the cold to provide physicality and protect the back four when pressed.

I'm finding it difficult to see where the improvement is gonna come from to be honest. None from Palma Maeda Yang or Kuhn are providing any real threat. Maybe try young Vata up there with Kyogo and Idah.
BR looks as though he has no clue how to turn this around from what we are witnessing week in week out.

As always I'll be supporting the team all be it more in hope of a victory than any feeling of confidence no matter who we play at the moment. Mon the Celtic
Watched Vata playing with the B team v Queens Park yesterday, he was poor. Still looks like a wee boy in the huff, playing for himself and not the team.

No wingers for me. 4-4-2 with a diamond, or even 3-5-2 with the only winger in the squad Rocco Vata and he'd be on the bench.
Interesting take on things, WC. It's easy to see the thinking behind it. I think maybe I've over cooked my opinions on our wingers, so, perhaps best not to harp on about them.

However, given that we're not at paradise, and thinking that the steelmen will surely at least try to come out, perhaps a bit of pace on the flanks would be in order.

Opinions eh?..... What was it PLATO said? ..."Opinion is the medium between ignorance and knowledge".

Back