Neil Doncaster – No Friend of Celtic, Enemy of the Rangers, is left with Few Friends

Neil Doncaster – No Friend of Celtic, Enemy of the Rangers, is left with Few Friends, latest from Niall J

Excellent article Niall J. Doncaster has made so many poor decisions over the years and now has upset just about everyone during his time, so his jaiket is definitely on a shhogly peg!

I thought he actually has carried himself well over the last couple of weekes when he finally found the balls to stand up against the Ibrokes monster that he has played such an active role in creating. Maybe he should have been a decent steady backroom administrator instead as he certainly does not have the personality, passion, charisma or foresight to try to lead Scottish football out of the doldrums.

Living just outside Aberdeen, I've heard a fair bit about Cormack and I agree with you on him - he is a clever shrewd businessman who will hopefully be a strong positive for our national game (mind you, many people were saying the same about Budge a couple of years ago and she has let herself and Hearts down badly during that time).

The longer term concern is who gets selected to replace Doncaster and sevco have a definite plan here - their biggest concern will be them surviving long enough for them to benefit from this strategy.

Excellent article Niall J. Doncaster has made so many poor decisions over the years and now has upset just about everyone during his time, so his jaiket is definitely on a shhogly peg!

I thought he actually has carried himself well over the last couple of weekes when he finally found the balls to stand up against the Ibrokes monster that he has played such an active role in creating. Maybe he should have been a decent steady backroom administrator instead as he certainly does not have the personality, passion, charisma or foresight to try to lead Scottish football out of the doldrums.

Living just outside Aberdeen, I've heard a fair bit about Cormack and I agree with you on him - he is a clever shrewd businessman who will hopefully be a strong positive for our national game (mind you, many people were saying the same about Budge a couple of years ago and she has let herself and Hearts down badly during that time).

The longer term concern is who gets selected to replace Doncaster and sevco have a definite plan here - their biggest concern will be them surviving long enough for them to benefit from this strategy.
I get the impression Cormack is manoeuvring himself here BB. I’m up for anyone who can think beyond traditional means and I’m with you here, first impressions are good. I’m sure as a club we’ll have a few run-ins with him but I’d just like to hear what ideas he can bring in from his own experiences. Scottish football is far too stale and the voting system needs debating. Between Cormack and Lawwell they’ll see the huns coming a mile off I’d hope. Although the Gardiner Trojan horse that WC highlighted on TCS came pretty close to success. They definitely need an eye kept on them.

I get the impression Cormack is manoeuvring himself here BB. I’m up for anyone who can think beyond traditional means and I’m with you here, first impressions are good. I’m sure as a club we’ll have a few run-ins with him but I’d just like to hear what ideas he can bring in from his own experiences. Scottish football is far too stale and the voting system needs debating. Between Cormack and Lawwell they’ll see the huns coming a mile off I’d hope. Although the Gardiner Trojan horse that WC highlighted on TCS came pretty close to success. They definitely need an eye kept on them.
He certainly has a good financial /development background he will find , like Lawwell they are banging there head against a brick wall regarding scottish football

He certainly has a good financial /development background he will find , like Lawwell they are banging there head against a brick wall regarding scottish football
It will always be the voting system, the 11-1 in the Premiership in particular that blocks change. Clubs voted for it and would take an almighty change of heart to return to the debate. That said it's desperate times so the landscape may change as reality bites. These guys put a lot of investment in if others are to be encouraged to follow they'll need to believe they can engineer change. As it stands too many are happy with scraps rather than looking at genuine growth and new ideas.

Re Doncaster, I remember writing on another forum a few yrs back that siding with newco would eventually come back and haunt him, he was only useful whilst helping them, the minute that stopped he was or soon will be toast as far as Scottish football goes, I wont miss him I think he is incompetent at best and should chuck it before he is pushed.

He who plays with snakes slithers.🐍🐍🐍

Good Article again Niall, cheers.

It will always be the voting system, the 11-1 in the Premiership in particular that blocks change. Clubs voted for it and would take an almighty change of heart to return to the debate. That said it's desperate times so the landscape may change as reality bites. These guys put a lot of investment in if others are to be encouraged to follow they'll need to believe they can engineer change. As it stands too many are happy with scraps rather than looking at genuine growth and new ideas.
I think the big concern is that if this was changed to 10-2 then the other clubs could overnight change the rules so that clubs share the revenue for all games. Therefore Celtic & Rangers would be handing over £millions of season ticket money each year to the other teams who'd be happy to accept this money for our investment in the ground and club. This fear has resulted in this all other possible improvements being so difficult to pass through resulting in stagnation of our sport.

Re Doncaster, I remember writing on another forum a few yrs back that siding with newco would eventually come back and haunt him, he was only useful whilst helping them, the minute that stopped he was or soon will be toast as far as Scottish football goes, I wont miss him I think he is incompetent at best and should chuck it before he is pushed.

He who plays with snakes slithers.🐍🐍🐍

Good Article again Niall, cheers.
Thanks 50. He who plays with snakes slithers. Love that:)

If he resigns anytime soon then the mutants will think they've won something.
He gave newco all the assistance he could before but now they are continually booting his baws whilst kicking the pram with the other foot so I wouldn't want him going at this moment in time.
Would be questionable while all this is going on anyway and he has the protection PL for the time being too. If Lawwell quits after 10-in-a-row though?

I think the big concern is that if this was changed to 10-2 then the other clubs could overnight change the rules so that clubs share the revenue for all games. Therefore Celtic & Rangers would be handing over £millions of season ticket money each year to the other teams who'd be happy to accept this money for our investment in the ground and club. This fear has resulted in this all other possible improvements being so difficult to pass through resulting in stagnation of our sport.
(y)That sums it up perfectly and stagnation is certainly the word. Something has to give at somepoint or we re-live this recurring dream of frustration forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back