Neil Lennon v Brendan Rodgers

I dont think he is a top manager.

He doesn't do management, he does coaching and selecting and lies a lot.

The clubs in England he managed were all supplemented with excessive funding, and supported by huge windfalls arbitrarily allocated from tv deals.

In that environment he did well but none of the cubs he supposedly managed were in any better health when left in my opinion.

If you consider throwing millions of cash down the pan and being overly superficial and deceitful a sign of top management then no wonder football is fecked.

Mourinho is same

I think he spent over 2 billion at all his clubs

How on earth that can be considered top management is beyond me.

He cant work within his budgets

He can buy good player but mostly on inflated wages beyond their added value and unless he has a sugar daddy backer and excessively expensive expenses then he creates havoc with an insincere smile.

I had high hopes he would be such good coach he could take young players and make them even better but his eye for potential is woeful and unless he already has access to top players he cant get best out of the ones he adds

his wages are a joke but superficial charm and ability to bullshit under pressure seem to be excessively paid in this world.

But for me thats not good management thats snake oil sales

imo
And you're entitled to your opinion of course but I stand by mine that he is a top coach/manager and his record at the clubs I mentioned I think speaks for itself

he is a good coach

he has done well

but his management imo which involves value added on off pitch is very very weak
Though for the team and as many bad signings he had there was also success in Dembele Edouard Ntcham and good coaching with Christie and Ajer

Though for the team and as many bad signings he had there was also success in Dembele Edouard Ntcham and good coaching with Christie and Ajer
I agree that he did well

But imo not worth the extra money

dembele probably wouldn't have come had it not been rodgers

Sinclair was magical at times

his big name attracted players, he also could and can coach if you give him pretty much unlimited resources

he has great talent at working with players who have have lots of talent already and just need a bit of an ego boost to get to next level

But imo

as a club under the restraints imposed by tv money outside their network he didn't have the talent to unearth and coach unrefined talent

he has great polish for talent thats just needing tidied up with some golden tongue

that is a great talent in itself but totally useless at a club were ever penny must count or you could take huge step backwards

And thats exactly what he did

he took wads of cash for silver tongue and created the bad vibes with excessive wages for his talent to hold them after he put them in the window then hoarded them and his golden tongue was exposed

he knows he is a fancy expensive polish for real silver

but he cant spot the talent if its not already blossomed

and he had a whole entourage of over paid laces who couldn't do it either

he is aesthetically and pleasing

a charmer

but his aesthetically pleasing skills are not practical or value added and hence he suited to clubs with mega bucks thrown at them for being in the gang but not necessarily efficient

he will be great at high end of game like Mourinho but its purely superficial if they cant take over a lower tier club and make them much better without burning them

im certain Alex Ferguson or stein or Klopp could manage any side because they see the talent and they can motivate it and make it better

Mourinho or rodgers imo would struggle with no funds and a bag of rags

Clarke can take a bag of rags and make it much better

but can he take a shiny team and make it brilliant, no sure

but he can do the harder more useful part

Ferguson stein klopp can/could do either

they dont rely on slime tongue in fact they probably kick your teeth in if you got lippy

rodgers would just sulk tell you your right and then shaft you behind your back while giving it golden tongue narrative

he is poser type

no prepared to get stuck in about it

thats one of you have unlimited funds

but on a budget he will bankrupt you like advocaat

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back