Neverland - Celtic fan reveals the inconvenient truth...

My missus came home from work* one night last week and told me she'd been listening to "this football phone in on Clyde radio and it was bloody comical"
May not sound surprising but given that she's,
A - English
B - Has never watched a game of football in her life.
C - Usually listens to Radio 4

I was surprised! In fact that's an understatement, I would have been less surprised if she'd come home and told me she'd changed her name to Catherine Van Damme and joined the French Foreign Legion! Now every night she comes home ranting about what some dippy hun said on the football phone in! After 17 years I think we're actually finding common ground.

*work - a thing decent people do, so they aren't a burden and can pay tax to contribute to society. (For any hun lurkers who were unsure of that strange word)

I’m not disputing the whole new club thing at all, far from it, I’m just saying that uefa still credits the new club of all the stuff of the old one. If you go on to their site it’s as if nothing ever happened. It’s a total joke, and not just rangers, and doesn’t exactly put off clubs doing it again. Same with the FFP rules, what’s the point. Sevco have posted losses year on year since their inception, more than the threshold allowed by uefa, but due to them being able to convert to shares they can be 80/100m in debt and still play in Europe? If/when they do go bust again I hope there’s real serious answers to be asked of folk in charge of the game and some culpability

Last edited:
I'm not one of these fans who obsess over the fine details of the Zombies' finances but one thing always seems a bit fishy when I hear about their debts being converted to equity.

That means year on year old Dougie Park is writing off an eight-figure amount.

But he's not that rich.

I mean, he's worth more than you, me or Craig Whyte, but a quick Google search puts his worth at £40-50m. It's not like he's a billionaire who can afford to let tens of millions slide, so I don't think he is.

Where does the money really come from then?

Wit I've never understood way through whole old/new club nonsense and nobody ever brings it up but there's been plenty of teams went under and they don't try and kid on they're the same club yet we have uefa backing the huns up to me there's no difference between them all they went bust and had to start again its quite simple so why did uefa back they fuckers up???

I'm not one of these fans who obsess over the fine details of the Zombies' finances but one thing always seems a bit fishy when I hear about their debts being converted to equity.

But he's not that rich.

I mean, he's worth more than you, me or Craig Whyte, but a quick Google search puts his worth at £40-50m. It's not like he's a billionaire who can afford to let tens of millions slide, so I don't think he is.

It’s not just park. There’s a number of folk with money giving loans and then getting them converted to shares. Park has put his money in too, but I’m not sure he’s the major financer. I think Dave was/is

Wit I've never understood way through whole old/new club nonsense and nobody ever brings it up but there's been plenty of teams went under and they don't try and kid on they're the same club yet we have uefa backing the huns up to me there's no difference between them all they went bust and had to start again its quite simple so why did uefa back they fuckers up???
I think clubs that have had anything worth speaking about have been allowed to say they still have the honours. Was there not like juventus/Milan or someone?

I’m not disputing the whole new club thing at all, far from it, I’m just saying that uefa still credits the new club of all the stuff of the old one. If you go on to their site it’s as if nothing ever happened. It’s a total joke, and not just rangers, and doesn’t exactly put off clubs doing it again. Same with the FFP rules, what’s the point. Sevco have posted losses year on year since their inception, more than the threshold allowed by uefa, but due to them being able to convert to shares they can be 80/100m in debt and still play in Europe? If/when they do go bust again I hope there’s real serious answers to be asked of folk in charge of the game and some culpability

And the truth will set them free...

But he's not that rich.

Well the DUP have a seat on the Hun Board...

I think clubs that have had anything worth speaking about have been allowed to say they still have the honours. Was there not like juventus/Milan or someone?
Rite so the wee clubs don't matter which we all knew anyway rite enuf but the juve/Milan one I'm really not sure did they go out of business??

I thought it was one of them but looks like it was Parma, fiorintina and Napoli. I mind before sevco that folk were moaning about one of them keeping titles. Maybe juve/Milan was wrong-doing.
Anyway this is what I found.
Rite so the wee clubs don't matter which we all knew anyway rite enuf but the juve/Milan one I'm really not sure did they go out of business??

It’s not just park. There’s a number of folk with money giving loans and then getting them converted to shares. Park has put his money in too, but I’m not sure he’s the major financer. I think Dave was/is
I thought squinty got burnt when Rangers ended up in the shit and he lost his money. The CVA wouldn't have given him back anything like what he had put into the klub and that is why he (along with their beloved queen's revenue and customs) turned down the pittence per pound CVA. I think that's the main reason he is still hanging about - he's trying to get his ill-gotten gains back and, as far as he is concerned, anyone, everyone is a suitable victim.

I thought it was one of them but looks like it was Parma, fiorintina and Napoli. I mind before sevco that folk were moaning about one of them keeping titles. Maybe juve/Milan was wrong-doing.
Anyway this is what I found.
"In just four years, the club recorded three promotions to return to the SPL..." - anyone would think that sevco's playing staff was not on about 50 times the salary of the other teams looking for promotion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back