New European format. Should Celtic increase Capacity?

Many people would like to see the stadium completed so it is the same all the way round, but you could go further and make the main stand even bigger!

OK, there may be some empty seats for many games but if you have sold season tickets then you have the income.

When we do this long-overdue overhaul then I'd assume we'd go the whole way to make it a 5 star stadium for holding UEFA finals. The dressing rooms are pokey wee things at the moment and need improving. We'd need to incorporate internal bus parking for safe arrival of teams. We'd need to introduce indoor warm-up/training facilities too.

We do have the space at this side of the stadium. I'm assuming we'd need to go with much deeper foundations for a larger stand. But I'm pretty confident that Lawwell plucked his £100m figure to improve the stadium out of his arse to scare us off. But the longer we leave it, the higher the figure will get.

I've said before - sell the naming rights to the stadium and that would help finance a large chunk of the costs. It doesn't bother me what it is actually called - I mean, I always call it Parkhead rather than Celtic Park, and I don't think it has ever officially been named that!

Many people would like to see the stadium completed so it is the same all the way round, but you could go further and make the main stand even bigger!

OK, there may be some empty seats for many games but if you have sold season tickets then you have the income.

When we do this long-overdue overhaul then I'd assume we'd go the whole way to make it a 5 star stadium for holding UEFA finals. The dressing rooms are pokey wee things at the moment and need improving. We'd need to incorporate internal bus parking for safe arrival of teams. We'd need to introduce indoor warm-up/training facilities too.

We do have the space at this side of the stadium. I'm assuming we'd need to go with much deeper foundations for a larger stand. But I'm pretty confident that Lawwell plucked his £100m figure to improve the stadium out of his arse to scare us off. But the longer we leave it, the higher the figure will get.

I've said before - sell the naming rights to the stadium and that would help finance a large chunk of the costs. It doesn't bother me what it is actually called - I mean, I always call it Parkhead rather than Celtic Park, and I don't think it has ever officially been named that!
Always been Celtic Park, in parkhead to my knowledge

It's not about filling the seats . That's a separate issue altogether. It's about generating $8,000,000 extra each and every year. We have enough people wanting season tickets to fill the extra seats. Just get it done.
It's a no from me the game it's not as enjoyable when it's not full ......if season ticket holders who couldn't make the game could sell tickets back to the club then the people on waiting list could still make games ...our stadium is never full except flag day rangers or Europe (anfield old Trafford even Ibrox) you don't see spare seats because that ticket exchange with club....we definitely need to do it it helps the fans who can't make games and also fans that can't buy tickets ....75 thousand staduim in a Scottish League won't work

Think the SFA have the euro finals all stitched up for themsels sure i read it would need the SFA to put our stadium forward for any european finals and i don't ever see that happening

Anfields new stand would be the way to go for developing the main stand and would cause minimum disruption , guessing any redevelopment would be on the hope that corporate box take up would increase plus function suites like the kerrydale and Number 7 lounge could be extended around the stadium

don't see us ever going to a 70k seater ,maybe 65 put that's at a push but looking around outwith Celtic park and you can see a whole host of problems with parking /access/transport

What was looking to be an easy area to get to and from since the common wealth games development is looking like a disaster now

Think the SFA have the euro finals all stitched up for themsels sure i read it would need the SFA to put our stadium forward for any european finals and i don't ever see that happening

Anfields new stand would be the way to go for developing the main stand and would cause minimum disruption , guessing any redevelopment would be on the hope that corporate box take up would increase plus function suites like the kerrydale and Number 7 lounge could be extended around the stadium

don't see us ever going to a 70k seater ,maybe 65 put that's at a push but looking around outwith Celtic park and you can see a whole host of problems with parking /access/transport

What was looking to be an easy area to get to and from since the common wealth games development is looking like a disaster now
Yeah, the SFA do have UEFA competitions closed off. But these stadium requirements may be necessary for us to be allowed into any future top tier competition in the future (a Super League type thing)?

I actually did a quick Google search and designfootball.com had scoped up an example of a three tier main stand with 2 tier corner infills, retaining the protected frontage.

Screenshot_20230704_131855_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's a no from me the game it's not as enjoyable when it's not full ......if season ticket holders who couldn't make the game could sell tickets back to the club then the people on waiting list could still make games ...our stadium is never full except flag day rangers or Europe (anfield old Trafford even Ibrox) you don't see spare seats because that ticket exchange with club....we definitely need to do it it helps the fans who can't make games and also fans that can't buy tickets ....75 thousand staduim in a Scottish League won't work
Get what you're saying tommybhoy but the extension isn't about the SPL it's about the new format of champions league football.

Aye you're right , on a freezing cauld February night v Ross County or Kilmarnock we will still have 50,000 fans in the stadium.
Which Is quite incredible really and makes me laugh when our 'experts' say " lots of empty seats inside parkhead tonight must be only 45-50,000 in attendance" like wtf?

That's an incredible attendance in any division anywhere in the world.

Still that doesn't matter as those empty 10-15 , 000 seats have still been paid for.

With a waiting list of over 20, 000 allegedly ( rancid say 7,000 and that's to be expected from them).

5 home champions league games, 2 home derbies is 420,000 supporters seats paid for in advance whether they turn up or not.

If the stadium was increased to by 15,000 to 75,000 there would still be a waiting list for season tickets.

The part of the stadium empty v Livingston or killie would be the top tier above the cameras, all big cubs in the world do this.

Old Trafford, bernabau, nou camp rarely sell out for domestic games , spurs and West ham rarely get 60,000 in the ground same for arsenal so it's common practice.

We've been told ( last AGM I think that stadium redevelopment is being considered but not right now) if that's true then invest in Lennoxtown, get th indoor heated full size pitch Deila said we needed years ago and also in the side.

The moneys there we all know this, if they won't develop stadium then develop Lennoxtown and at least interior , changing rooms etc.
Which wouldn't cost anything like stadium redevelopment.

If we're serious about making inroads back to where we belong in Europe then these things are part and parcel of the natural progression of our club, pays for itself in one season two at the most but seems they're ( board) more interested in a hotel which is also part of our natural progression, but shouldn't be prioritised over the other 3 first.

The ticket exchange baffles and boggles the brain, its not rocket science and also commonplace at many stadiums even here I believe tynecastle have this in operation, so get on with it Celtic

Just my honest ( 5 year lurker opinion)

Get what you're saying tommybhoy but the extension isn't about the SPL it's about the new format of champions league football.

Aye you're right , on a freezing cauld February night v Ross County or Kilmarnock we will still have 50,000 fans in the stadium.
Which Is quite incredible really and makes me laugh when our 'experts' say " lots of empty seats inside parkhead tonight must be only 45-50,000 in attendance" like wtf?

That's an incredible attendance in any division anywhere in the world.

Still that doesn't matter as those empty 10-15 , 000 seats have still been paid for.

With a waiting list of over 20, 000 allegedly ( rancid say 7,000 and that's to be expected from them).

5 home champions league games, 2 home derbies is 420,000 supporters seats paid for in advance whether they turn up or not.

If the stadium was increased to by 15,000 to 75,000 there would still be a waiting list for season tickets.

The part of the stadium empty v Livingston or killie would be the top tier above the cameras, all big cubs in the world do this.

Old Trafford, bernabau, nou camp rarely sell out for domestic games , spurs and West ham rarely get 60,000 in the ground same for arsenal so it's common practice.

We've been told ( last AGM I think that stadium redevelopment is being considered but not right now) if that's true then invest in Lennoxtown, get th indoor heated full size pitch Deila said we needed years ago and also in the side.

The moneys there we all know this, if they won't develop stadium then develop Lennoxtown and at least interior , changing rooms etc.
Which wouldn't cost anything like stadium redevelopment.

If we're serious about making inroads back to where we belong in Europe then these things are part and parcel of the natural progression of our club, pays for itself in one season two at the most but seems they're ( board) more interested in a hotel which is also part of our natural progression, but shouldn't be prioritised over the other 3 first.

The ticket exchange baffles and boggles the brain, its not rocket science and also commonplace at many stadiums even here I believe tynecastle have this in operation, so get on with it Celtic

Just my honest ( 5 year lurker opinion)
Get what your saying mate 🍀let's get the ticket exchange sorted first 😂😂then deal with staduim 😂 if we did that we would always have full house

Why this ticket exchange is yet to be a thing at scotlands biggest club stadium is beyond me.
Perhaps its Peter Lawells remit which would explain a lot
Met lads on a stag in Derry one Saturday and they were all season ticket holders with unused seats for the game we were watching.
A ticket exchange would provide opportunities for families to bring kids to first games which currently don't exist. Outside of being in a supporter's club there's literally no way for ticketless fans to go to games. Don't think I saw a single availability on the club website last season and I checked regularly in hopes of planning a trip.

Met lads on a stag in Derry one Saturday and they were all season ticket holders with unused seats for the game we were watching.
A ticket exchange would provide opportunities for families to bring kids to first games which currently don't exist. Outside of being in a supporter's club there's literally no way for ticketless fans to go to games. Don't think I saw a single availability on the club website last season and I checked regularly in hopes of planning a trip.
True , no ST then there's a chance of a LC game Vs Raith Rovers or something or end of season hibs game etc

It would be great to have the main stand redeveloped . As someone posted earlier getting away from the ground is a nightmare that's why you are a lot of fans leaving anytime after 80 mins to try beat the traffic European nights are worse, I let my son in law take those games as I usually have an early start so getting in after11 is no good. There is also how the construction is done wether the club has to play games elsewhere when it is being done and obviously the overall cost

Members online

Latest posts

Back