No Ban for Kent

Imatim

There’s rules for some and not for others...

Rangers winger Ryan Kent won’t face a two-match ban for the start of the new Premiership season.

Kent was sent off for violent conduct in the club’s 2-0 win over Lyon in France.

The attacker was dismissed by referee Karim Abed after he reacted to Brazilian midfielder Marcelo by slapping the player in the face.

A red card for violent conduct would normally bring a suspension but for friendlies played in foreign countries, the nation’s governing body has to send details of the red card on to the Scottish FA.

The French Football Federation told STV that the match, part of the Veolia Trophy, wasn’t played under their control so they will not be referring the incident to the Scottish FA.

If the matter had been sent to the officials at Hampden then Kent would have been forced to miss the opening Premiership matches against Aberdeen on August 1 and St Mirren eight days later.

You know whit would be great......if Peter Lawell and the board started calling this type of shit out. They need to start showing their teeth a bit more, they're far too passive when it comes things like this.
Out of PLs hands. Think we were invited first over there. Folk dropped out then the Huns got an invite.
I've posted similar before but it felt like some poor bastard paid the deposit for the lads holiday ...boys sobered up and said a canny go. Only option was invite the next tier of folk you don't like as much 😂. Problem is you've got to be nice to them

Out of PLs hands. Think we were invited first over there. Folk dropped out then the Huns got an invite.
I've posted similar before but it felt like some poor bastard paid the deposit for the lads holiday ...boys sobered up and said a canny go. Only option was invite the next tier of folk you don't like as much 😂. Problem is you've got to be nice to them

I was meaning PL should be asking the SFA why Jozo gets a domestic ban for 'violent conduct' in a pre-season friendly last year while Kent walks away scot-free for the same thing this year BBB.

I don't get why we just shrug our shoulders as a club and accept this shite mate, it's either a rule we all have to abide by or it's not and if it's not then why the fuck are we subject to a set of rules that others just ignore.

HH.

I think when Jozo got sent off the Swiss FA actually reported it directly to the SFA and didn't have to, while the French federation decided as it was a friendly they wouldn't in the case of Kent.
Not so much the SFA being to blame as opposed to the Swiss FA acting like Lee Wallace and grassing.

I think when Jozo got sent off the Swiss FA actually reported it directly to the SFA and didn't have to, while the French federation decided as it was a friendly they wouldn't in the case of Kent.
Not so much the SFA being to blame as opposed to the Swiss FA acting like Lee Wallace and grassing.

Mad question I know but what's the point in having the rule if FA's can just ignore it whenever they want? That seems like a pretty pointless rule!

Here's the rules guys.....just ignore that 1 if ye want! :confused:

Mad question I know but what's the point in having the rule if FA's can just ignore it whenever they want? That seems like a pretty pointless rule!

Here's the rules guys.....just ignore that 1 if ye want! :confused:
Spot on. You'd think the clubs could ask in advance for sendings off not to count. If all the clubs involved agreed what would be the problem? Maybe they do, no idea, Seems jobsworths are not just exclusive to Scottish football governance.

Back