Nomme Kalju v Celtic - Tuesday, 30 July, kick-off 6pm - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Still no word on whether we will be able to watch this match. Jullien, who is suspended at the weekend for the game against St Johnstone should start and we could see another debut for Hatem Abd Elhamed. As Jozo is also out on Saturday after that high tackle in the friendly in Switzerland resulted in the SFA banning the Celtic defender.

Morgan, Griffiths and Sinclair likely to be the front three and Ntcham could start in midfield.

Team could look like this

Bain

Abd Elhamed Jullien Simunovic Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Ntcham Brown

Morgan Christie Sinclair

Griffiths

We're obviously in little danger of losing the tie but we should make sure we win the game tomorrow, co-efficient points are at stake.

Prediction? 3-0 to the Hoops.

Still no word on whether we will be able to watch this match. Jullien, who is suspended at the weekend for the game against St Johnstone should start and we could see another debut for Hatem Abd Elhamed. As Jozo is also out on Saturday after that high tackle in the friendly in Switzerland resulted in the SFA banning the Celtic defender.

Morgan, Griffiths and Sinclair likely to be the front three and Ntcham could start in midfield.

Team could look like this

Bain

Abd Elhamed Jullien Simunovic Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Ntcham Brown

Morgan Christie Sinclair

Griffiths

We're obviously in little danger of losing the tie but we should make sure we win the game tomorrow, co-efficient points are at stake.

Prediction? 3-0 to the Hoops.
Personally I would drop Christie as he has already picked up a booking in the home tie so don't want to risk him being suspended for one of the third or fourth round matches (3 yellows = 1 game suspension). For the same reason, I'd be reluctant to play Broony as well. The worry is that this leaves us light as these are our two main battlers in the middle of the pitch in case it kicks off, but our depth of squad should see us through very easily with a 5 goal advantage and pick up full co-efficient points for a win.

We can play Bitton in midfield role (or even Eboue Kouassi) instead of SB and whoever is most fit from Mikey J/Shved/Hayes/Arzani instead of RC in midfield.

For me sensible squad management as we progress through this tournament is more important than battering a smaller team by a cricket score.

Personally I would drop Christie as he has already picked up a booking in the home tie so don't want to risk him being suspended for one of the third or fourth round matches (3 yellows = 1 game suspension). For the same reason, I'd be reluctant to play Broony as well. The worry is that this leaves us light as these are our two main battlers in the middle of the pitch in case it kicks off, but our depth of squad should see us through very easily with a 5 goal advantage and pick up full co-efficient points for a win.

We can play Bitton in midfield role (or even Eboue Kouassi) instead of SB and whoever is most fit from Mikey J/Shved/Hayes/Arzani instead of RC in midfield.

For me sensible squad management as we progress through this tournament is more important than battering a smaller team by a cricket score.
good points about Christie and Broony BB,there's tougher games to come.

this from Celtic tv,twitter account
UEFA rules mean we can't announce anything. A wise man once said good things come to those who wait.
1f603.png

Back