Oh ah up the RA

Lubos left peg

Why is it offensive for Irish people to sing oh ah up the RA? Who's offended by it and why has the Irish coach apologised?
I understand that the IRA are classed as a terrorist group in the North.....but they also fought and won freedom in the south so why shouldn't southern Irish people be allowed to celebrate their republican army? I'm sure the "terrorist" leaders who signed the Proclamation of the Irish Republic can be freely celebrated.....or would the BBC demand an apology for that to??
I'm not trying to be divisive or cause arguments as I know politics is frowned upon by some on the noise. This is a genuine question I'd like to hear people's thoughts and points on the subject....

Last edited:
The women could have been referencing the Old IRA of Michael Collins et al. Fuck the permoffended!

That's my point. Who are we to tell anyone how they should remember or celebrate their history.
A lot of Scottish people are very proud of the our rebel history. The Bruce, Wallace and many more.
Infact our national anthem sings of sending them home to think again.
All our scottish hero's...or most, would have been classed as terrorist to the crown back in the day.
I'm not sure if the story is being covered back in Ireland as it is in the UK.....do the Irish care?? Are they annoyed at their woman's team?? Do they give a fuck what the British media think?? Are the Irish public more angry that the coach has apologised?

That's my point. Who are we to tell anyone how they should remember or celebrate their history.
A lot of Scottish people are very proud of the our rebel history. The Bruce, Wallace and many more.
Infact our national anthem sings of sending them home to think again.
All our scottish hero's...or most, would have been classed as terrorist to the crown back in the day.
I'm not sure if the story is being covered back in Ireland as it is in the UK.....do the Irish care?? Are they annoyed at their woman's team?? Do they give a fuck what the British media think?? Are the Irish public more angry that the coach has apologised?
The orangies spend near half a year marching to commemorate military victories in Ireland but lose their shit when somebody mentions the 'R word'. There was a whole hullabaloo when Armagh Camogie players won the All Ireland and had a dressing room sing-song. West Brits in the 26 will be 'offended' at anything might offend England or the orangies. Most of Ireland are proud of our players and have no issue with their celebrations of such a significant achievement.

Mná na hÉireann abú!

In the words of Winston Churchill “Everyman man has the right to resist occupation by invaders, they also have the right to take the harshest measures against those who warm themselves at the hearth of the invaders”.
Everyone except The Irish and The Palestinians apparently
It’s also worth remembering that the Germans called The French Resistance terrorists. The French resistance are now feted as heroes in France.

Have ye saw the video of Nigel Farage saying Up the Ra?
He also talks to a guy called Hugh Janus.

It’s 2022 ffs move on
Freeee eee Nelson Mandela
Maggie called him and the ANC Terrorists rather than call out De Klerk and his Racist
Government. Money eh
Miners we’re the Enemy within
If the Irish want to sing about there History that’s up to them
The Offended will be offended come what May.
Yi canny even Donald Duck the Crown
But you can Starve and freeze your own populace that’s coming to a hoose near you very ffs Soon.
Thanks to liz truss and the Etonian roonheids
Oh oh oh Fuck the Tories
Oh oh oh Fuck the Tories
Oh oh oh Fuck the Tories
If you have been offended by any of these messages there’s a helpline.
Call whurs ma duvet it’s freezing.

HH 🙄

They have some cheek, considering they are supporters of a culture based on oppression, racism, sectarianism, homophobia to mention but a few of their less admirable traits. The roots of which date back to 1690 and are still evident and practiced today. They were amongst the first real terrorists, with their pogroms, gerrymandering and murderous butcher gangs. All in the name of loyalism. They need constant reminding of this, because clearly they want to wipe their despicable history clean, and present themselves and their culture as victims. They qualify as bona fidei terrorists. They had no legitimate cause to promote or protect. Their actions were based on pure wanton hatred and a sense of untouchable superiority. No revisionism here.

Last edited:
In the words of Winston Churchill “Everyman man has the right to resist occupation by invaders, they also have the right to take the harshest measures against those who warm themselves at the hearth of the invaders”.
Everyone except The Irish and The Palestinians apparently
It’s also worth remembering that the Germans called The French Resistance terrorists. The French resistance are now feted as heroes in France.

Have ye saw the video of Nigel Farage saying Up the Ra?
He also talks to a guy called Hugh Janus.
Is he Sam Janus’s big bro 😎

HH 😂

310636568_5692132360829843_2082518687273563195_n.jpg

Why is it offensive for Irish people to sing oh ah up the RA? Who's offended by it and why has the Irish coach apologised?
I understand that the IRA are classed as a terrorist group in the North.....but they also fought and won freedom in the south so why shouldn't southern Irish people be allowed to celebrate their republican army? I'm sure the "terrorist" leaders who signed the Proclamation of the Irish Republic can be freely celebrated.....or would the BBC demand an apology for that to??
I'm not trying to be divisive or cause arguments as I know politics is frowned upon by some on the noise. This is a genuine question I'd like to hear people's thoughts and points on the subject....
Personally I take no offence at the song.

But in our country which likes to create propaganda against anything they dont agree with-

The RA are according to British propaganda ( msm these days) deemed to be a terrorist organisation.

Therefore its equivalent to singing oh ah up ISIS or Taliban, which would probably be offensive in UK.

The propaganda machine does not have any interest in promoting the injustices inflicted on persons who dont want to be ruled by Westminister.

The electorate of this country and its democracy landslide vote to prescribe to the MSM propaganda machine.

therefore its possible more than 50 percent of UK would find it offensive to sing about an organisation that they have been fed to believe is terrorist and terrorist against their version of democracy.

if norn ireland sung oh ah up the uvf after beating republic in a football match. Would it be deemed offensive?

Personally I take no offence at the song.

But in our country which likes to create propaganda against anything they dont agree with-

The RA are according to British propaganda ( msm these days) deemed to be a terrorist organisation.

Therefore its equivalent to singing oh ah up ISIS or Taliban, which would probably be offensive in UK.

The propaganda machine does not have any interest in promoting the injustices inflicted on persons who dont want to be ruled by Westminister.

The electorate of this country and its democracy landslide vote to prescribe to the MSM propaganda machine.

therefore its possible more than 50 percent of UK would find it offensive to sing about an organisation that they have been fed to believe is terrorist and terrorist against their version of democracy.

if norn ireland sung oh ah up the uvf after beating republic in a football match. Would it be deemed offensive?

I think the difference is the Republic of Ireland exists due to the actions of their "republican army" I guess....so why shouldn't the republican players be allowed to sing up the RA?
Norn irn doesn't exist due to the actions of the UVF.
To celebrate the UVF would solely be celebrating a terrorist group who have done nothing but murder and maim.....to celebrate the RA is, for theses girls, to celebrate their very existence.....thats the way I look at it I guess....

I think the difference is the Republic of Ireland exists due to the actions of their "republican army" I guess....so why shouldn't the republican players be allowed to sing up the RA?
Norn irn doesn't exist due to the actions of the UVF.
To celebrate the UVF would solely be celebrating a terrorist who have done nothing but murder and maim.....to celebrate the RA is, for theses girls, to celebrate their very existence.....thats the way I look at it I guess....
I think norn irn does exist because of UVF and the signing of ulster covenant 1912 and formation of armed militias throughout ireland after the Homerule bill was deemed by ulster to be a betrayal by pernicious Asquith compromise deal to get majority at westminister.

UVF were armed illegally but blind eye was turned, whereas republican guns were intercepted as pernicious sedition.

Also the ira were defeated by the free state which became the republic later

so technically ira had zero to do with formation of republic. that be treaties between free state and uk

The Irish media is full of west brits. They are trying their best to airbrush Irish history. And whether they like it or not the ra were a large part of it.
What none of these media wankers can stand is the fact that the tide is turning among the youth of Ireland north and south. There is huge support for what the ra stood for, hence sinn fein starting to get majorities on both side of the border.
I've just listened to a debate on rte radio 1, where they had Bryan Warfield on, who penned the celtic symphony. The so called controversial song in question. And they had unionist arse licker and editor of the blackist newspaper in the North the newsletter Ben lowry on giving his "opinion".
It would make ye sick the way the freestaters pander to these orange bastards.
Basically Warfield said he had written the song about the celtic supporting Irish community in Glasgow where in 1983 he had walked through Glasgow and seen the exact words written on a wall in graffiti. So he wrote a song about it. Simple as that.
He said that he was at a game recently in England where the support sang God save the king. Charles was the Head of the para troop regiment that murdered many innocent people in the North, but its OK to sing about him. He said "I didn't like having to listen to it, but I'm not going round saying I'm offended". He said a lot of other relevant stuff which I couldn't be arsed writing, but you get the gist. He also said why don't we just wipe out all Irish history, if they're looking to do away with one rebel song then why not them all.
As for Ben lowry he just kept talking about terrorists and other shite. The usual dung from and orange prick.

Back