Oh ah up the RA

I think norn irn does exist because of UVF and the signing of ulster covenant 1912 and formation of armed militias throughout ireland after the Homerule bill was deemed by ulster to be a betrayal by pernicious Asquith compromise deal to get majority at westminister.

UVF were armed illegally but blind eye was turned, whereas republican guns were intercepted as pernicious sedition.

Also the ira were defeated by the free state which became the republic later

so technically ira had zero to do with formation of republic. that be treaties between free state and uk
The leadership of the free state (fore-runners of current-day Fine Gael) were the IRA prior to deserting the ranks after the Army Convention rejected the treaty. People like Michael Collins and Dick Mulcahy were renowned and effective IRA leaders. Mulcahy was the leader of Fine Gael at the time of the declaration of the Republic and would have been Taoiseach but for the objection of Seán McBride, leader of the Clann na Poblachta party Fine Gael relied upon for coalition support. McBride's opposition stemmed from Mulcahy's civil war record.

Many of those who opposed the treaty would then go on to form Fianna Fáil, the party led by De Valera which effectively had been in power from 1932 - 1948, albeit heading an 'executive council' without a clear majority from 1932 - 1937. De Valera's party undid much of the most onerous aspects of the treaty causing economic embargoes by Britain but ultimately paving the way for the 1937 Constitution and ultimately the declaration of Republic.

Dan Breen, for example sat as a TD from 1927 to 1948 and other significant IRA members such as Frank Aiken and Robert Briscoe were also party members, with Aiken serving as Minister Of Defence.

So to say the IRA 'had zero to do with' the formation of the Republic is historically inaccurate, in my most humble opinion.

Last edited:
The Irish media is full of west brits. They are trying their best to airbrush Irish history. And whether they like it or not the ra were a large part of it.
What none of these media wankers can stand is the fact that the tide is turning among the youth of Ireland north and south. There is huge support for what the ra stood for, hence sinn fein starting to get majorities on both side of the border.
I've just listened to a debate on rte radio 1, where they had Bryan Warfield on, who penned the celtic symphony. The so called controversial song in question. And they had unionist arse licker and editor of the blackist newspaper in the North the newsletter Ben lowry on giving his "opinion".
It would make ye sick the way the freestaters pander to these orange bastards.
Basically Warfield said he had written the song about the celtic supporting Irish community in Glasgow where in 1983 he had walked through Glasgow and seen the exact words written on a wall in graffiti. So he wrote a song about it. Simple as that.
He said that he was at a game recently in England where the support sang God save the king. Charles was the Head of the para troop regiment that murdered many innocent people in the North, but its OK to sing about him. He said "I didn't like having to listen to it, but I'm not going round saying I'm offended". He said a lot of other relevant stuff which I couldn't be arsed writing, but you get the gist. He also said why don't we just wipe out all Irish history, if they're looking to do away with one rebel song then why not them all.
As for Ben lowry he just kept talking about terrorists and other shite. The usual dung from and orange prick.
The 26C media largely consists of the newspapers of 'sir' Tony O Reilly an obsequious lick-spittle and RTE which was heavily-infiltrated by the Workers Party counter-gang (Stickies).
Under state law in the 26C, Section 31 of the broadcasting act, all members of Sinn Féin were banned from speaking on the airwaves on any issue from 1976 - 1994.
Anyone doesn't believe me here's Christy

Don't hear too many in the media protesting or calling for apologies over the continuous stream of vile racist abuse directed at James McClean.

310974380_221877600163584_6183376478439368219_n.jpg

Personally I take no offence at the song.

But in our country which likes to create propaganda against anything they dont agree with-

The RA are according to British propaganda ( msm these days) deemed to be a terrorist organisation.

Therefore its equivalent to singing oh ah up ISIS or Taliban, which would probably be offensive in UK.

The propaganda machine does not have any interest in promoting the injustices inflicted on persons who dont want to be ruled by Westminister.

The electorate of this country and its democracy landslide vote to prescribe to the MSM propaganda machine.

therefore its possible more than 50 percent of UK would find it offensive to sing about an organisation that they have been fed to believe is terrorist and terrorist against their version of democracy.

if norn ireland sung oh ah up the uvf after beating republic in a football match. Would it be deemed offensive?
Naw just Banter same as tonight’s Liverpool games knees blood to and up
Oh and Fenian’s won’t hear SKY demand an apology from the Huns just when it’s papes or uppity Fenian’s saying the R A
Hypocritical wankstain’s

HH 🇮🇪

The leadership of the free state (fore-runners of current-day Fine Gael) were the IRA prior to deserting the ranks after the Army Convention rejected the treaty. People like Michael Collins and Dick Mulcahy were renowned and effective IRA leaders. Mulcahy was the leader of Fine Gael at the time of the declaration of the Republic and would have been Taoiseach but for the objection of Seán McBride, leader of the Clann na Poblachta party Fine Gael relied upon for coalition support. McBride's opposition stemmed from Mulcahy's civil war record.

Many of those who opposed the treaty would then go on to form Fianna Fáil, the party led by De Valera which effectively had been in power from 1932 - 1948, albeit heading an 'executive council' without a clear majority from 1932 - 1937. De Valera's party undid much of the most onerous aspects of the treaty causing economic embargoes by Britain but ultimately paving the way for the 1937 Constitution and ultimately the declaration of Republic.

Dan Breen, for example sat as a TD from 1927 to 1948 and other significant IRA members such as Frank Aiken and Robert Briscoe were also party members, with Aiken serving as Minister Of Defence.

So to say the IRA 'had zero to do with' the formation of the Republic is historically inaccurate, in my most humble opinion.
i agree with you

But technically rather than spiritually imo

hence technically rather than definitively.

formation of freestate was contested and democracy voted to accept freestate treaty creating civil war which again historically the freestate won that war.

Now all that is not really important to singing oh ah up ra imo

it bothers me not a jot

but irish fa have apologised and i assume the players have too

personally i have no beef with it

But british media will run with it esp when Truss is doing more economic damage than any song

The way I look at all this shite is "let the people sing" whatever the fuck they like. If I don't like it then I don't listen to it.
I grew up in a house where if god save the queen came on the TV my mother or father switched it off straight away. My oul fella would say "I'm not listening to them singing about saving that oul cunt".
The funny thing is that I don't get offended by any of this, not even the shite that the huns sing. I don't give two fucks. Let them sing what they like, it doesn't affect me one iota.
They only sing that shite to rile up celtic supporters. If people didn't get so easily offended then they'd probably get sick of it and stop eventually.
Another thing Warfield said was, that at one time "God save Ireland" (the song) was once illegal to sing in Ireland. I didn't know that.
What a load of bollox the whole lot is!

The 26C media largely consists of the newspapers of 'sir' Tony O Reilly an obsequious lick-spittle and RTE which was heavily-infiltrated by the Workers Party counter-gang (Stickies).
Under state law in the 26C, Section 31 of the broadcasting act, all members of Sinn Féin were banned from speaking on the airwaves on any issue from 1976 - 1994.
Anyone doesn't believe me here's Christy

i remember when gerry adams snippet was on radio here it was scrambled to sound like the robot voice because it wasnt allowed to hear the actual voice

bizarre.

Members online

Latest posts

Back