Opinion: “Celtic didn’t just fall asleep at the wheel they drove over a cliff,” Celtic Gossip

If any of us had looked into the crystal ball and declared what would happen over the past year then you would have to say that the crystal ball wasn't working.
None of us could have predicted what was to unfold regarding ourselves this season not unless our main powers within the board were quite willing to let this whole shitshow unfold.
We all expected operation stop the 10 to be put in full swing and with government help, a corrupt Scottish FA, and cheating mib's all duly obliged on a huge scale and all the while our board remained silent and still do????
The decisions that were made by our board in not seeking any change until way to late in the day, I can only conclude that it was never in the best interests of the club to really seal the 10 in the first place????
A team full of serial winners playing like complete novices doesn't happen on this degree not unless you can create it, for which we surely did?????
Our board prepared to squander millions on poor signings, lost transfer revenue and European income and yet carry on as if all is still grand, stinks to high heaven imo.????
Sadly money has such a huge impact on the modern game nowadays and with the vast sums involved then I can only conclude something must have been happening in the background and maybe still is for us as a club prepared to take such a hit, without any action whatsoever.
Yet we have stood by and never challenged serco scum (SS) on any of there cheating actions yet again, How can a club still be looking for over 30 million during a season when the money from any success is still far less than 30 million and are yet still increasing costs and all without court action proceedings ongoing?????
I've long stated that this season was only a pantomime season as you couldn't make up the carry on that has went on all season.
I do believe this board under PL traitor influence has backed themselves into a corner now and will only be resolved now by bringing about the changes to personnel within the club to get the success back again.
This process may have started but could also do with been sped up a bit as the levels of discontent is starting to grow yet again.
I also feel this board have taken us for idiots this season with there complacency but it's also a dangerous and stupid thing to do as we are far from thick hun bastards.
If any of us had looked into the crystal ball and declared what would happen over the past year then you would have to say that the crystal ball wasn't working.
None of us could have predicted what was to unfold regarding ourselves this season not unless our main powers within the board were quite willing to let this whole shitshow unfold.
We all expected operation stop the 10 to be put in full swing and with government help, a corrupt Scottish FA, and cheating mib's all duly obliged on a huge scale and all the while our board remained silent and still do????
The decisions that were made by our board in not seeking any change until way to late in the day, I can only conclude that it was never in the best interests of the club to really seal the 10 in the first place????
A team full of serial winners playing like complete novices doesn't happen on this degree not unless you can create it, for which we surely did?????
Our board prepared to squander millions on poor signings, lost transfer revenue and European income and yet carry on as if all is still grand, stinks to high heaven imo.????
Sadly money has such a huge impact on the modern game nowadays and with the vast sums involved then I can only conclude something must have been happening in the background and maybe still is for us as a club prepared to take such a hit, without any action whatsoever.
Yet we have stood by and never challenged serco scum (SS) on any of there cheating actions yet again, How can a club still be looking for over 30 million during a season when the money from any success is still far less than 30 million and are yet still increasing costs and all without court action proceedings ongoing?????
I've long stated that this season was only a pantomime season as you couldn't make up the carry on that has went on all season.
I do believe this board under PL traitor influence has backed themselves into a corner now and will only be resolved now by bringing about the changes to personnel within the club to get the success back again.
This process may have started but could also do with been sped up a bit as the levels of discontent is starting to grow yet again.
I also feel this board have taken us for idiots this season with there complacency but it's also a dangerous and stupid thing to do as we are far from thick hun bastards.
John as normal you have hit the nail on its head, as a support we are unhappy, and yes, we saw this coming, why we allowed as a club the so-called powers that be the opportunity to use the pandemic to make sure that we would be on the defensive the whole season is beyond me. The covid 5 is the ultimate example of the corruption in Scottish football but have we said a word "officially" No it's been left to the "mgr" to even raise the issue. Again the club is silent, yet again we the fans are left the dark. "I love my team I want us to win" all I ask is a level playing field and the chance to show the world that we are truly a club like no other.

Don't think anybody could argue (but I'm sure some will try :LOL:) with anything Celtic Gossip says in that article.

Only thing I would add is that this season's clusterfuck is the inevitable conclusion of what happens when you allow a guy like Peter Lawell to become all powerful at a football club while at the same time having a board of nodding dog directors who don't ever question or challenge that power.

There is NOBODY more to blame for the position we now find ourselves in than Peter Lawell. The only positive I can take from this season is that this man will be gone by July.
And when he finally rides off into the sunset this bastard's saddlebags will be full of filthy lucre for him to spend rewarding himself for the shitshow he's left behind. Old Petey will retire to his bolthole in the sun never giving us a second thought but this arsehole will soon reappear to claim some of the credit if things should turn positive next season I would bar him from Celtic park for life

And when he finally rides off into the sunset this bastard's saddlebags will be full of filthy lucre for him to spend rewarding himself for the shitshow he's left behind. Old Petey will retire to his bolthole in the sun never giving us a second thought but this arsehole will soon reappear to claim some of the credit if things should turn positive next season I would bar him from Celtic park for life
A bit harsh mate, take the last few seasons out he’s been a rock here, I agree here overstayed his tenureship, 9IAR, invincible season, quadruple treble....which bit of that did you not like? ........

have a look across the city, would you have rather had that cluster fuck?.....

Gossip , excellent article think you nailed it , complacency is exactly the issue here at all levels , let’s start in the board room , I think PL will in time be remembered as on the whole a good CEO over his tenure , some may disagree but trophies won etc will show success
This should not hide the massive mistakes he has made complacency being the no 1
In my opinion , thinking ten was a done deal , we just had to turn up , being handed the smoking Gun which he asked for and then throwing it away , and for personally pumping oxygen into there lungs when they were drawing there last breath and THINKING we as a support would just accept this no questions
Aye very good
From our manager who through his team choices , tactics and formations showed astonishing complacency and arrogance by watching them denying what we had just watched !!
then sticking by the same shite that got us there in the first place

our players who for whatever reason this season just don’t seem to give a shit . No heart , no soul , no love for the jersey , the colours , the pride

heartbreaking and 100% fucking unacceptable

the tribute act , well everything has gone for them this year , from corrupt decisions , to corrupt authorities , doing what they need to do to ensure there success , but we helped them along the way at every step we were shite
We did not fall asleep at the wheel , we never got the engine started

The fact he was the highest paid CEO in British Football was and still is scandalous mate.

Always the first to tell us that the club had to live within it's means, always quick to take the cheap route in managerial appointments, player recruitment and God knows how many other areas of the football operation but not so quick to apply the same methods to his own salary though!

Add to that the Celtic shares he's been gifted in addition to his eye watering salary then this man has done extremely well for himself out of Celtic over the last 17 years yet we're supposed to buy into all the shite that he's a supporter just like us! 🤬

A bit harsh mate, take the last few seasons out he’s been a rock here, I agree here overstayed his tenureship, 9IAR, invincible season, quadruple treble....which bit of that did you not like? ........

have a look across the city, would you have rather had that cluster fuck?.....
The last few seasons are the ones that mattered most this last disaster of a season is entirely down to him and his decisions, granted he started off well but look at the mess he is walking away from. No manager in sight, very near a whole team walking out the door, Euro qualifiers a couple of months away, no plans we know of to access new players no idea how much money we have to purchase these players when we identify them, no message of hope for the fans who they expect to fork out again for season tickets in the next month or so. So no I don't think I'm being too harsh

Last edited:
Opinions sought so that I can compile for a Celtic Noise article on The Celtic Star on this important subject...

Opinion: “Celtic didn’t just fall asleep at the wheel they drove over a cliff,” Celtic Gossip​

View attachment 14190
We had our boot on the neck of the undead, yet allowed them to rise again. The recruitment of players and coaching staff had been so poor as to border on criminal.

Members online

Latest posts

Back