ORIGINAL+EVEN MORE OFFICIAL: Cup Semi v Sheepies, Sat 20-Apr-24 @ 12:30. MIB=D Robertson, VAR=G Aitken

Scales has been a massive part of this season and will deserve his title medal should we win, but he's 100% playing like a player who would have been lining up against us today if it wasn't for injuries and poor tranfer windows. He is to slow on the ball. His passing is atrocious and he had no positional sense. Taylor felt he had to cover him. CCV wasn't sure where he was going to be and he was at fault for both sheep goals.
Brendan fucked up by putting him in the team and even more so for keeping him on the pitch.
His story was a feel good story at the start of the season but he was poor before he got injured and he's still poor. Rocky had a good game last match and Welsh came on and played well. Both should have been ahead of Scales. I really hope he's not BR pet project as he could cost us the title.
So......I reckon your not a fan?:unsure:

Very lucky in my opinion m8 & am as BIASED AS FUK as u kno!! 🤣🤣.. Bring aff Forrest, bring on Big Mike & concede.. Whit the Fuk!!🤨🤨🤨... Can only hope we spend £60M coz guys like Scales (& yes he's dun Awrite) Taylor, Yang just no daein it fur me!! Wee James on 30 secs, run.. Shot.. Goal!! Kyogo no daein it fur me either.. Don't mean tae criticise the wee Man but thot he wiz MINCE!! 😭😭😭.. We should be Fukin the length ae Soi Buakhao 🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭 aheed ae EVERYWAN & we're kno!! Having said that the FILTH are SHITE & that cheers me up!! 🤣🤣🤣.. Wan game I DONT worry aboot!! 😁😁.. Anyway bak tae they 🇹🇭🇹🇭 Beauties!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Aye canny argue with that Sean apart grom the 60mill , if Peters reading this he'll be having nervous breakdoon 😅
Was great to see Jamesy still got it.
See tbf though, Rodgers was slated for not bringing on a defender at Mordor after idah goal 87th minute, today he does and it backfired 🤷🏻‍♂️ who'd be a manager never mind a Celtic manager?
Immense pressure, loved what he said at the end " I need therapy session after that " haha , aye him and us all fs.
Could see they were giving us trouble down their left but junior Hoillet is a decent former epl player and miovski we were heavily linked with before we brought Idah in on loan. Think the £7 mill that Aberdeen allegedly wanted for him scared Peters panties into a twist " eh....Good player at Norwich not getting a game" and tbh he's done well but like many wasn't on it today.
Was interesting to see calmac berating CCV for not being tight enough to miovski twice but these are decent players who just haven't put that shift in for the league.
Cup tie always different as boab said Darvel kod them last year.
Scales was just lumping it any old where at times but at end of the day we'll be there at Hampden to defend our cup trophy and that was the objective , we met it in un vintage style credit has to go to Aberdeen as well though not once did they have everyone behind the ball, they gave it their best but their best wasn't good enough in the end and could see their players dropping off like sprayed flies in ET.
I'm just relieved were through and I pay no attention to the social media sofa supporters giving us pelters for winning, fk knows the meltdown had we lost and you'd think we had lost looking at some of the pish posted on other platforms, and the BBC were clearly delighted Celtic won out 😅 not! Fkn gutted giruyeez mcfannyden and Co.
Aye we struggled with the crosses into the box but also have to mind CCV, Hatate, calmac even Scales are not 100% yet plus missing maeda is big miss.
Kyogo and Oriley weren't at it either but they still did the business , kyogo harassing led to the first and Oriley popped up with one despite being anonymous. Thought AJ and Kuhn had decent games AJ in particular and big Joe Hart made some crucial saves at big moments in the game.
Not vintage celtic , very relieved but same outcome as per usual.
Social media fans are all entitled fukwits we've no divine right to win everything yet we do more often than not.
Sickened a Hell of a lot of " people" today by grinding out the win like champions do HH

I thought when we brought Maik on we were going to tighten up at the back, but our left sided defence were at fault for their 2 goals today from high balls into the box, I would have brought on Stephen Welsh but I'm not in charge The good teams keep going until the end and we got through to the final which was our goal, but we made it hard for ourselves once again. HH

Scales and Taylor do reasonably well when they are attacking balls outside the box straight on. When balls are played across and in behind them they lack the physicality to defend them imo. It’s a real weakness we have.

It also doesn’t help when our wide midfield players don’t track back enough and put pressure on players crossing balls in to our box. That’s just lazy in my view.

It was a game when we were never really collectively on it.

We needed Hatate, O’Riley, McGregor and Kuhn/Yang to fire. It never consistently happened and as a consequence we didn’t impose ourselves as much as we could have. It took James Forrest to show what was needed.

In saying all that Calmac and Hatate are still short of match fitness which could explain why we didn’t control things as much as we would have expected.

Just my thoughts, and we all have our opinions on things.

We’re through. All things considered, I’ll take that…

So......I reckon your not a fan?:unsure:

I was. He was massive for us when we needed him...but he's regressed so much and we don't need to play him now. Rocky is fit and we have Welsh.
And also, letting Hart take the 5th penalty, to win the match was poor by Celtic. There is no way he was our 5th taker. That was decided after the sheep missed and it could have bitten us in the arse.
I'm so glad we are through but the mistakes that were made today from management down to the players were shocking.
To the neutral, it was an all guns blazing amazing cup game...but to us, the fans, with such an important run of games coming up, it caused nothing but concern. Everyone needs to be more focused.

Up early & buzzing. Wasn't planning on going to this match & given tickets to my wee sis & her wee Laddie, she'll be joining the rest of the Tartan Clan in the North Stand.

My lassie suprised me last night with a ticket for the Club Hampden Corporate Day, of course she got a ticket for herself, its a thank you for being her da & everything I've done for her since she did her leg in 6mths ago.

The taxi is picking us up at 9.30 as we've to be there 90min before match, various breakfast rolls & complimentary bar before kick off, buffet & complimentary bar for 2½hrs post match.

Not going suited & booted going kilted & booted. Going for 3-1 Celtic.

This is gonnie be carnage, I just know it & I'm gonnie luv every fekin minute of it.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴
Well done TT have a great day oot

HH🍀

Just back fae the game.... Note to self.. Take yir heart tablets with you next time...

Anyhoo Sheep played to our weaknesses rather than their own strengths... Ie they targeted Scales with the ball in behind him and Taylor with the high ball to the back post... It worked 3 times today and no one in the Celtic dugout seemed to have a clue how to stop it...

Calmac in for Tommo was a mistake, Cal ain't 💯 % yet... And Scales in for Rocky was nothing short of ridiculous but we had nobody stopping them hitting the back post with crosses why???.

Still fuk the neutrals, we are in the final.. Have you heard the one about the Canadian the Yank and the Englishman... Joint men of the match for me... Whoever at hamdump gave it to Matt O'Riely need their heeds looked at..

Next cup tie will be either the new hun or the old edina hun... Take yir pick..

"Dont worry be Happy"

And whilst I'm on, can anyone ever remember a keeper getting injured during a penalty shoot out???

Aaaaaand who the Fek thought it was a good idea for big Joe to hit a penalty eh... Probably the same tit that thought MoR was Motm 😂😂..

Still though I thought our penalties were all first class.. Well the ones taken by outfield players that is...

Fair play to big Joe on the week of his birthday... Not many people would miss a penalty and still be the hero eh 😂😂😂

Next 5 games in the league are going to be insane. I don't think we will win all 5....but I also don't think the huns will either. It will all come down to what we do to them at Celtic park. Scales has to sit his arse on the bench for the next match though. He put the whole back line under pressure for the whole match...and failed to do his job in both their injury time goals.
Tell big Scales has been immense this season but it feels a bit like when Strachan put Robson in for the run in, think it was the Tommy Burns season. My only concern is who does BR put in? Nawrocki hasn’t really taken his opportunities and Welsh doesn’t play as well on the left. That leaves Lagerbielke and he’s not really had a look in!

Just back fae the game.... Note to self.. Take yir heart tablets with you next time...

Anyhoo Sheep played to our weaknesses rather than their own strengths... Ie they targeted Scales with the ball in behind him and Taylor with the high ball to the back post... It worked 3 times today and no one in the Celtic dugout seemed to have a clue how to stop it...

Calmac in for Tommo was a mistake, Cal ain't 💯 % yet... And Scales in for Rocky was nothing short of ridiculous but we had nobody stopping them hitting the back post with crosses why???.

Still fuk the neutrals, we are in the final.. Have you heard the one about the Canadian the Yank and the Englishman... Joint men of the match for me... Whoever at hamdump gave it to Matt O'Riely need their heeds looked at..

"Dont worry be Happy"

Fair comments…

"Dont worry be Happy"
Shammy was the Matt sponsor

HH💚

Never in any doubt. Just back from hospitality at Hampden so not seen any footage of the game.
We won it three times. Defensively we were as poor as we were for a period earlier in the season, teams now target our left side where Taylor (who wasn't that bad) can be got at due to his lack of physicality, and Scales, who shouldn't be in the team let alone a first pick, is not good enough in the air and cant pass out of defence. From my seat Scales looked culpable for their 2nd and 3rd goals, your centre half cant let big looping crosses sail over their head.
Yang was like a man down for an hour, then Palma was similar when he came on. An empty jersey.
Thank god we still have Jamie Forrest, more shots on target in 5 mins than the rest of the team in an hour. Kuhn also had another good game.
Iwata and Bernardo were an improvement on McGregor and Hatate, Reo played well but tired badly, the captain isn't even close to fitness levels to be starting games. The sponsor must have been drunk if they gave Matt O'Riley MOTM, for the most part he looked sloppy in possession and his passing was poor.
Despite our poor performance I never at any time, even penalties, thought we would lose.
Hart taking a penalty to win, WTF!!! Fortunately he was the hero with the crucial save.
A wee wake up call that the last 6 games aren't going to be a procession to the double.
MOTM Jamesie Forrest

Scales has been a massive part of this season and will deserve his title medal should we win, but he's 100% playing like a player who would have been lining up against us today if it wasn't for injuries and poor tranfer windows. He is to slow on the ball. His passing is atrocious and he had no positional sense. Taylor felt he had to cover him. CCV wasn't sure where he was going to be and he was at fault for both sheep goals.
Brendan fucked up by putting him in the team and even more so for keeping him on the pitch.
His story was a feel good story at the start of the season but he was poor before he got injured and he's still poor. Rocky had a good game last match and Welsh came on and played well. Both should have been ahead of Scales. I really hope he's not BR pet project as he could cost us the title.
For sure ...Scales looks like he is under pressure ???

I have to say, Jamesy aside, our wide men are crap. Our ability not to kill off teams is still raising its ugly head. If the Dons had taken their chances we would have lost that today. We got lucky today. Still another cup final to look forward to,and in the end that's all that matters.
If we took our chances the game would have been well won by us and deservedly so.
We as a support are so spoiled.Probably had it too easy over the years with trophy after trophy but as we all know we have no god given right to win them. It was a cup semi final with 2 teams desperate to be at a Hampden final bad defending on both sides that’s why it finished 3-3 but the important thing was we kept going and kept our nerve ( could have been better during the final minutes) but we are through to another final

Jeezo.... where do I start? First off, well done to the Dons for making a game of it; they absolutely did their homework and exploited our only too obvious weakness down our left flank. 'Just get the ba' tae the back post, guys.... they just cannae defend it' !... Well, I'm guessing that would be the plan. I guess all's well that ends well, though. We're in another final; opposition will be either full fat or diet. Either way, we can put it on the back burner and apply ourselves to the next hurdle in our quest to retain our place at the top the heap.

A word about the ref; he had a big call to make regarding their claim for a penalty. I thought at the time it was a stonewaller... and so did CCV. However, having seen the replay, the ref made the right call. Point is, though, he had the opportunity to give the penalty, and nobody would've questioned it. If he had a mind to influence the game in The Dons favour, he had a glorious opportunity to do so. Sometimes we have to give them credit.

One game at a time now. Fasten your seatbelts!

Members online

No members online now.

Back