Other Sports

Gaelic football is my first love. Born and bred into it. Next would be Celtic followed by martial arts and mma. I used to be a massive boxing fan, but there's too much corruption involved in it. I have been lucky enough over the years to meet a lot of boxers including Tyson and Roy Jones jnr who is my favourite boxer.

Gaelic football is my first love. Born and bred into it. Next would be Celtic followed by martial arts and mma. I used to be a massive boxing fan, but there's too much corruption involved in it. I have been lucky enough over the years to meet a lot of boxers including Tyson and Roy Jones jnr who is my favourite boxer.
You takin the piss??

Yes, both in Madison square garden. I've seen Jones fight at least a dozen times. I've been at hundreds of fights. I've actually met Jones a couple of times. A very sound fella. I've met loads of boxers. Holyfield, roberto Duran, floyd paterson and many more..
Nice one?Duran was in Glasgow a few years ago doing a meet n greet ,wish a got tickets for it.

Nice one?Duran was in Glasgow a few years ago doing a meet n greet ,wish a got tickets for it.
Yeah I used to be obsessed with boxing. I've been at hundreds of fights, but Jones was absolutely class and used go in to the changing rooms after his fights and get changed and then come up through the crowd later. A really sound bloke. I would have loved to see him fight Steve Collins in their prime, but there was too much politics involved with the different organisations. He would have beaten Collins anyway. In the 90's and 00's I've been to loads, but then children arrive and that's the handbrake on!

Yeah I used to be obsessed with boxing. I've been at hundreds of fights, but Jones was absolutely class and used go in to the changing rooms after his fights and get changed and then come up through the crowd later. A really sound bloke. I would have loved to see him fight Steve Collins in their prime, but there was too much politics involved with the different organisations. He would have beaten Collins anyway. In the 90's and 00's I've been to loads, but then children arrive and that's the handbrake on!
Like listening to Jones on the telly seems a down to earth guy .Steve Collins was class aswell hard as nails ?
Still buy ghe fights on box office and sit up to 6 am to watch them but youre right too much corruption and fighters avoiding eachother.Look up Lomachenko on youtube ,the guys somethin else.

Like listening to Jones on the telly seems a down to earth guy .Steve Collins was class aswell hard as nails ?
Still buy ghe fights on box office and sit up to 6 am to watch them but youre right too much corruption and fighters avoiding eachother.Look up Lomachenko on youtube ,the guys somethin else.
Yeah, but in them days you had some great match ups. Benn Eubanks Collins. Jones didn't fight any of them though. One of the best fights I've ever watched is arturo gatti v Mickey ward. I wasn't at that one, but watched it live. Infact I think they fought three times. Look it up

Yeah, but in them days you had some great match ups. Benn Eubanks Collins. Jones didn't fight any of them though. One of the best fights I've ever watched is arturo gatti v Mickey ward. I wasn't at that one, but watched it live. Infact I think they fought three times. Look it up
Watched it a few times mate one of the best fights i've ever seen ,they did fight 3 times .Theres a good film with Mark Walberg playing Mickey Ward cany mind the name.Corrales and Castillo was some fight aswell.A could talk boxing all night mate dont get me started ??

Watched it a few times mate one of the best fights i've ever seen ,they did fight 3 times .Theres a good film with Mark Walberg playing Mickey Ward cany mind the name.Corrales and Castillo was some fight aswell.A could talk boxing all night mate dont get me started ??
Yeah so could I. I met Mickey ward too and I've a good story to go with it, but it's too long to fuckin type. He's very shy and quiet. Nice fella. I was at the naseem Hamed v Wayne McCullough fight. There's was 17 1/2 thousand Irish there that night in Atlantic city. McCullough was robbed and all hell broke loose. They couldn't get Hamed out of the ring after the fight. It was mental.

Yeah so could I. I met Mickey ward too and I've a good story to go with it, but it's too long to fuckin type. He's very shy and quiet. Nice fella. I was at the naseem Hamed v Wayne McCullough fight. There's was 17 1/2 thousand Irish there that night in Atlantic city. McCullough was robbed and all hell broke loose. They couldn't get Hamed out of the ring after the fight. It was mental.
Ward was one hard bastard Gatti hit him with everythin and he kept comin forward.Watched that one aswell Deadner ,liked Barrera in that era and Morales was great aswell.Morales v Barrera 1 was some fight.Think Morales said McCullough was one of his hardest fights?Think Wayne lives in Vegas these days.Hamed was good but Barrera finished him and Morales woulda whipped him aswell i think.

Members online

Latest posts

Back