Our most important signing this season?

Best signing for the Club has to be Ange the value for money he has got from both transfer windows puts previous managers and ceo to shame

Best signing football wise they have all been great and have given there all so far but i would have to go with CCV he strolls through games in slippers we were crying out for a CD lets hope we get him signed up

To think that we were in a funk over the rejection by Howe! I have long felt that the greatest pleasures in life are those that are unexpected. Ange's great success is so much more than I ever dreamed. I didn't panic at the start of the season when we were behind the curve because I did not expect miracles. Now I half expect Ange to turn water into wine! For me, he will likely achieve the same status as Jock Stein, Henrik Larsson, Jinky, and the rest of the Lions. To me he is invaluable and will become one of our legends!

To think that we were in a funk over the rejection by Howe! I have long felt that the greatest pleasures in life are those that are unexpected. Ange's great success is so much more than I ever dreamed. I didn't panic at the start of the season when we were behind the curve because I did not expect miracles. Now I half expect Ange to turn water into wine! For me, he will likely achieve the same status as Jock Stein, Henrik Larsson, Jinky, and the rest of the Lions. To me he is invaluable and will become one of our legends!
Can you be more specific please? Red, white; rosé, or Bucky? 😂

HH🍀

As an aside, I would like to give a special mention to the ball boys, who wound up the gullible no end. It was the icing on the cake, on what was a great night. Seeing their managerial supremo reduced to such pettiness. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Ange is the main one obviously he's the one who's got all these players to trust him oh and he got us all onside aswell he's always said trust the process the early season pain had to be felt....
early on the players really bought into his ideas more or less every player to come in has hit the ground running which is just amazing.....
but my most important buy is big Joe Hart for me he helps the defence stay calm aye his cruyff turns can be wee bit heart stopping😎 but he's still some keeper and he has instilled a calmness thru the defensive players which is really important for how we play the game but this team if they go onto do a 5th treble In 6 year after everything thats happened they will have to be one of the very best teams ever and doing it in style aswell just brilliant

Such a good thread!! Im struggling to pick 1 single player...obviously Ange is number 1 but the players he's brought in, it's hard to pick!! Joe Hart has brought a calmness (most of the time) to the defence and you know if a mistake is made then he's likely to pull off a great safe. CCV is solid at back. We all know what Kyogo has brought as well as Jota and Abada...but, I'm going for Hatate and not just for football reasons!! When Ange brought Kyogo from Japan there was the usual shite. He's to small, will he handle the pressure? can he cope with the scottish boot boys? Then our rivals and media saw him play and, well, wow...you actually felt their hearts sink. You could smell their fear. Then we brought in some more Japanese players and the media and rivals were at it again..."can they handle the scottish game? Surely the tarriers cant strike gold again".....and they saw hatate play in his 1st game....sorry, not play, dominate his 1st game and that was it. The combined bottle of all our rivals and media smashed to the floor. The media HAD to praise him, that would have hurt them. The scum HAD to go out and sign an injury prone, past his best "big name" to appease their terrified fans.....Hatate made everyone in scotland realise that Celtic got serious again...so he's my pick of the bunch...oh, and he did score the 1st, 3rd and 4th best goals ever scored since the discovery of football (O'Riley got the 2nd)

Last edited:
It's been a rebuild.
Million dollar man (Ange) - in times it takes 100reds to put up a fight.

Never took biology so bare with me.
Studied physics - chemistry a bit later but that probably killed a few cells dancing in the subby.

Cracking on.
We have a spine now. Ange the chord.

Arms and legs are being sewn on. The graft and sheer grafts are taking and healing and getting stronger.

Bit sci-fi mental but it is what it is.

We are building a monster. Not a hackit Frankenstein one either.

Such a good thread!! Im struggling to pick 1 single player...obviously Ange is number 1 but the players he's brought in, it's hard to pick!! Joe Hart has brought a calmness (most of the time) to the defence and you know if a mistake is made then he's likely to pull off a great safe. CCV is solid at back. We all know what Kyogo has brought as well as Jota and Abada...but, I'm going for Hatate and not just for football reasons!! When Ange brought Kyogo from Japan there was the usual shite. He's to small, will he handle the pressure? can he cope with the scottish boot boys? Then our rivals and media saw him play and, well, wow...you actually felt their hearts sink. You could smell their fear. Then we brought in some more Japanese players and the media and rivals were at it again..."can they handle the scottish game? Surely the tarriers cant strike gold again".....and they saw hatate play in his 1st game....sorry, not play, dominate his 1st game and that was it. The combined bottle of all our rivals and media smashed to the floor. The media HAD to praise him, that would have hurt them. The scum HAD to go out and sign an injury prone, past his best "big name" to appease their terrified fans.....Hatate made everyone in scotland realise that Celtic got serious again...so he's my pick of the bunch...oh, and he did score the 1st, 3rd and 4th best goals ever scored since the discovery of football (O'Riley got the 2nd)
The most feel good video clip in ages was wee Jamesey trying to explain to Hatate that he'd been named man of the match v Hibs😅
He always has a smile on his face too, whether on the pitch or sitting on the bench. 😁
The only negative I have to say about him is that I don't think he'll be around too long, but I truly do hope that I'm wrong, however, as long as Ange is still here and can continue unearthing such gems, then I believe we'll be in pretty good shape moving forward HH🍀

Every dark cloud has a silver lining.
If we hadn't done so badly last season, would we have Ange Postecoglou today?
Okay we might not have done 10 IAR, but what style of football would we have been playing now if Lenny was still in charge?
HH🍀
Can't even begin to disagree with you Bill, we are rapidly running out of superlatives to help us describe our feelings and emotions. Football is all about winning, I think that goes without saying. But as a Cetic man of a similar vintage to yourself, ( if you like Love Affair's everlasting love, then yer perhaps no too far behind me in the years count.! ), so winnng in a fashion we enjoy watching is very much a prerequisite. The Celtic way, if you like.
If you've read my posts you'd probably know that I tend to draw my horns in, I'm not one for being gung-ho, or indeed triumphalist. But I'm enjoying this season with a level of gratitude, and amazement.
Will it be enough, though, if we fall at the final hurdle ? Not over yet.

Last edited:
Back