Outclassed

one of the problems that have sprung up is that they did not forsee the huns finding money all of a sudden to pay gerrard and buy a whole new team overrated i might add but have got momentum off the back of it still wonder where the money came from lets say they have previous for mysterious deals
Don’t worry about Sevco, they’re going bust on Tuesday. Haven’t you heard?

The issue at hand shouldn’t concern those fuckers though. Our problem resides entirely within Kerrydale St. a lack of ambition and courage. A lack of prowes in finding players to improve us. A total absence of understanding the concept of opportunity cost. In that what is the cost of not investing? Well, we just lost £60m by not spending £20m. We just lost £20m for the sale of McGinn, by not spending £3m and so on.

We will probably be out on our arse in this tournament because we sold our best players. We replaced them with nothing. We have bought two defenders, one is a figment of some cunts imagination, the other the terror of mine.

Forget Sevco, forget where they get cash from. Stop hoping their demise will elevate us. For that to happen we need to clear the timid, risk averse shitebags who sit around our board table. They are the problem, not Secvo.

Hey Maria hope your well pal. Good to be able to talk about the fitba again without all the zombie zoomers polluting the blog with their rancid nonsense, they ruined The Celtic Blog and turned it into a swamp and if you see this post James Forrest you really need to sort that out pal because it's beyond a joke.

HH Maria.
Nice to see you here, Andy and both MD and me have had a go at JF but he correctly said that not replying to the trolls would kill them off. I find it better to ignore the blog altogether.

Don’t worry about Sevco, they’re going bust on Tuesday. Haven’t you heard?

The issue at hand shouldn’t concern those fuckers though. Our problem resides entirely within Kerrydale St. a lack of ambition and courage. A lack of prowes in finding players to improve us. A total absence of understanding the concept of opportunity cost. In that what is the cost of not investing? Well, we just lost £60m by not spending £20m. We just lost £20m for the sale of McGinn, by not spending £3m and so on.

We will probably be out on our arse in this tournament because we sold our best players. We replaced them with nothing. We have bought two defenders, one is a figment of some cunts imagination, the other the terror of mine.

Forget Sevco, forget where they get cash from. Stop hoping their demise will elevate us. For that to happen we need to clear the timid, risk averse shitebags who sit around our board table. They are the problem, not Secvo.

I can understand the frustrations you are venting. And I wholeheartedly agree with the risk averse situation needing to change. But the risk positive needs to be value added or its folly.

1 I agree with your point the lack of prowess in finding better players. But they also need to be affordable wage wise.

2 I fail to see the point you make about opportunity cost. I suspect you are concluding based on false assumptions. But thats very subjective.

We lost 60 million by not spending 20 million?

We lost a further 20 Million by not spending 3 on McGinn

I don't get that calculation at all. Forma at least there are miles better players than McGinn that would cost much less than 3 million. I also fail to see McGinn improving our first team. Would add value to squad if he could bring his A game to the level of Celtic. But no guarantee he wouldn't have folded under the pressures at Celtic.

But thats all very subjective. And basically we should have brought in someone to replace Armstrong especially if Bitton aint that player. Mulumbo in my opinion is a much better player than McGinn. But again thats my personal opinion. But neither Mulumbo or McGinn add value to the first team playing squad.

Roberts wasn't our player and he chose not to come to our club and i assume its the wages aint high enough. But he was replaced with Morgan. Poor mans option? Perhaps? But still quite early to make that call.

In my personal opinion I don't rate our Managers ability to be efficient with cash or identify value added players who will make the first team better without burning money.

I think thats the reason he hasn't been backed. I can't work out why we hired Congerton.

Adding value is absolutely necessary both on and off the pitch.

If Rodgers can't do that within our operational cost structures I think we need a new manager.

Diela did a lot of great work in purchases but he wasn't a good coach under duress atCeltic to get those good players playing well.

Rodgers skill is taking players and making them perform well. But he has failed miserably in his value added player purchases, in my opinion. Thats a big worry.

Dembele on bargain deal was great business his high wages were covered by the likely sell on value.

Sinclair was great value but his mind aint on it for whatever reason. I hope he gets it back.

Roberts wages are beyond our pay grade. great potential but wages are probably too high for the amount of games he got.

10 million for big eddy- good player lotta potential but be lucky to get that money back unless he gets much better than currently.

Ntcham looks good deal at moment but it took him a year to get his mojo working.

But most of the rest of rodgers signing have been pretty dire on the park and have cost lots of cash.

Normally I agree with your opinion The Verdict

But on this occasion I don't fully agree with your reasoning.
As much as I have serious doubt about the board and their goals. I don't think they are the real problem here.

I have serious doubts about Rodgers ability or his team to add value.

I don't doubt his ability as a manager when given license to outbid everybody and attract top players.

But i do doubt his ability to get value added players into the squad.

The wee dude from Chelsea if he was on 60 k per week highlights the problems Celtic have in getting value added players.

Thats wee boy from Chelsea was much wore than in my opinion than Mikey Johnestone.

But he got apron twice the wage of Brown.

Its the market that the problem rather than the board. And its Rodgers inability to buy guys that are worth what he values them at.

We got seriously outclassed against RB Salzburg. I can't imagine they pay more wages than us. Thats a serious issue.

Not opportunity costs- although that is valid but opportunity costs lost need to be risk assessed properly and Rodgers is a luxury ascetics man rather than a practical efficient value added manager.

Thats great manager for a club with billions at disposal. With 30 million at his disposal I think he would blow it on flops based on his previous purchases. He has not addressed the issues of the team that need addressed. He has yet to seriously add value with his purchases beyond dembele. But that was through backdoor signing. And even in those 2 years wages have gone totally bizarre in football and Celtic are now peaked on op costs with mostly not good enough players.

And thats through the billions being poured in by satellite and scam artists with credit card gold cards.

I can understand the frustrations you are venting. And I wholeheartedly agree with the risk averse situation needing to change. But the risk positive needs to be value added or its folly.

1 I agree with your point the lack of prowess in finding better players. But they also need to be affordable wage wise.

2 I fail to see the point you make about opportunity cost. I suspect you are concluding based on false assumptions. But thats very subjective.

I don't get that calculation at all. Forma at least there are miles better players than McGinn that would cost much less than 3 million. I also fail to see McGinn improving our first team. Would add value to squad if he could bring his A game to the level of Celtic. But no guarantee he wouldn't have folded under the pressures at Celtic.

But thats all very subjective. And basically we should have brought in someone to replace Armstrong especially if Bitton aint that player. Mulumbo in my opinion is a much better player than McGinn. But again thats my personal opinion. But neither Mulumbo or McGinn add value to the first team playing squad.

Roberts wasn't our player and he chose not to come to our club and i assume its the wages aint high enough. But he was replaced with Morgan. Poor mans option? Perhaps? But still quite early to make that call.

In my personal opinion I don't rate our Managers ability to be efficient with cash or identify value added players who will make the first team better without burning money.

I think thats the reason he hasn't been backed. I can't work out why we hired Congerton.

If Rodgers can't do that within our operational cost structures I think we need a new manager.

Diela did a lot of great work in purchases but he wasn't a good coach under duress atCeltic to get those good players playing well.

Rodgers skill is taking players and making them perform well. But he has failed miserably in his value added player purchases, in my opinion. Thats a big worry.

Dembele on bargain deal was great business his high wages were covered by the likely sell on value.

Sinclair was great value but his mind aint on it for whatever reason. I hope he gets it back.

Roberts wages are beyond our pay grade. great potential but wages are probably too high for the amount of games he got.

10 million for big eddy- good player lotta potential but be lucky to get that money back unless he gets much better than currently.

Ntcham looks good deal at moment but it took him a year to get his mojo working.

But most of the rest of rodgers signing have been pretty dire on the park and have cost lots of cash.

As much as I have serious doubt about the board and their goals. I don't think they are the real problem here.

I don't doubt his ability as a manager when given license to outbid everybody and attract top players.

The wee dude from Chelsea if he was on 60 k per week highlights the problems Celtic have in getting value added players.

Thats wee boy from Chelsea was much wore than in my opinion than Mikey Johnestone.

Its the market that the problem rather than the board. And its Rodgers inability to buy guys that are worth what he values them at.

We got seriously outclassed against RB Salzburg. I can't imagine they pay more wages than us. Thats a serious issue.

Not opportunity costs- although that is valid but opportunity costs lost need to be risk assessed properly and Rodgers is a luxury ascetics man rather than a practical efficient value added manager.

Thats great manager for a club with billions at disposal. With 30 million at his disposal I think he would blow it on flops based on his previous purchases. He has not addressed the issues of the team that need addressed. He has yet to seriously add value with his purchases beyond dembele. But that was through backdoor signing. And even in those 2 years wages have gone totally bizarre in football and Celtic are now peaked on op costs with mostly not good enough players.

And thats through the billions being poured in by satellite and scam artists with credit card gold cards.
Spot on as usual TET.

Nice to see you here, Andy and both MD and me have had a go at JF but he correctly said that not replying to the trolls would kill them off. I find it better to ignore the blog altogether.

Hey Shamrock hope your good pal.

Aye same here, I posted on there that I was done with the blog after a particularly vile post and have not posted on it since. I had no problem with the Sevvie zoomers who would stick to fitba insults, that was fine and made for some hilarious back and forth wind-ups but there is some horrendous stuff posted on there that shouldn't be tolerated and ignoring it is not good enough.

James really should deal with it before it kills his blog altogether.

HH Shamrock.

Hey Shamrock hope your good pal.

Aye same here, I posted on there that I was done with the blog after a particularly vile post and have not posted on it since. I had no problem with the Sevvie zoomers who would stick to fitba insults, that was fine and made for some hilarious back and forth wind-ups but there is some horrendous stuff posted on there that shouldn't be tolerated and ignoring it is not good enough.

James really should deal with it before it kills his blog altogether.

HH Shamrock.
His reply to me was that he didn't look at it and didn't have the means to moderate comments at the time of writing. He then logged on and was shocked at the state of it. His post is on the noise here somewhere. My take on it is that they want everyone on here anyway as it is managed a lot better. The huns are more sleekit and quietly try to undermine the club but I will let you make your own mind up about that. HH Andy

Hey Maria hope your well pal. Good to be able to talk about the fitba again without all the zombie zoomers polluting the blog with their rancid nonsense, they ruined The Celtic Blog and turned it into a swamp and if you see this post James Forrest you really need to sort that out pal because it's beyond a joke.

HH Maria.
Hi pal. I still go back for a fight lol i proper spanked that polly thomson today with Craig.

He was Ragin haha.

Yeah but so good not having to second guess or be on the lookout for pollution.
HH pal. You rock Andy ?

I agree outclassed, I’m afraid a number of our players just can’t hack it at this level. Lustig ? ......at least he belonged at this level once upon a time, Hemdry never will .....Ajer when playing appears to be in the same boat. January window can’t come quickly enough!

I agree outclassed, I’m afraid a number of our players just can’t hack it at this level. Lustig ? ......at least he belonged at this level once upon a time, Hemdry never will .....Ajer when playing appears to be in the same boat. January window can’t come quickly enough!

The ''January Window'' is being quoted like a mantra . If we can only get to January we will be OK !

Many good points have been made by lots of people on here about the lack of progress being made because of the calibre of signings made recently ( i.e. under Brendan ! ).
The elephant in the room is - the people who made the 'poor' signings in the recent past are the same people who will make any signings in January . Does that fill you with confidence ?

Like most on here , I do not know who carries the can for the shambles of our recent transfer windows - Lawwell or Brendan or Congerton or the lassie who makes the tea in the Boardroom . Whoever is responsible has a huge task come January - clear out the deadwood and bring some much needed quality to the central defence , the right back , the central midfield ... hell , everywhere !
But I won't be holding my breath .
HH

The ''January Window'' is being quoted like a mantra . If we can only get to January we will be OK !

Many good points have been made by lots of people on here about the lack of progress being made because of the calibre of signings made recently ( i.e. under Brendan ! ).
The elephant in the room is - the people who made the 'poor' signings in the recent past are the same people who will make any signings in January . Does that fill you with confidence ?

Like most on here , I do not know who carries the can for the shambles of our recent transfer windows - Lawwell or Brendan or Congerton or the lassie who makes the tea in the Boardroom . Whoever is responsible has a huge task come January - clear out the deadwood and bring some much needed quality to the central defence , the right back , the central midfield ... hell , everywhere !
But I won't be holding my breath .
HH
Absolutely dead right, Millsy.

. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-45765237

"A football fan accused of injuring a linesman by throwing a coin at him has been banned from Scottish football grounds until he is convicted or cleared.
Stuart McGaughay was warned he faced being sent to prison if he breached a special bail condition.
He is forbidden from attending any regulated football game.
The 30-year-old from North Lanarkshire appeared from custody on an assault charge at Livingston Sheriff Court.
Mr McGaughay, of Deeds Street, Airdrie, was charged with throwing a coin or similar object at assistant referee Calum Spence and "thereby striking him on the head with same to his injury".
Mr Spence was filmed bleeding from a head wound after being hit by an object thrown from the crowd during Livingston's 1-0 Scottish Premiership win over Rangers at the Tony Macaroni Arena on Sunday 30 September.
Mr McGaughay pleaded not guilty to carrying out the attack and is now due to stand trial at the West Lothian court on 13 December

Anyone know if this was a Chelsea fan on tour or what team he was follow following. Disgusting reporting, a football afan and the heading a man. A coin thrown from the crowd, spineless cowards maybe withdraw the old licence and stream catchup. BBC EBT tax dodging bastards like their pundits.

We lost £40m just qualifying. Last year’s TV money was £13.5m increased this year to £15m, CL packages £12m.

If we had spent £20m on defenders then we would have beat AEK.

McGinn would have cost £2.75m in a year at Villa I bet you a £ to a penny he will be sold on for £20m with the prices down there. So for us saving £3m we have lost a great player and the millions we would get if he wanted to leave.

That’s a total of over £80m that’s the opportunity cost of not investing. A solid defence, remember, it was three total fuck ups that cost us their goals.

We don’t spend which makes the balance sheet look ok, but we should have £60m coming and it ysbt because we spent fuck all and fielded a defence that couldn’t keep weans oot a close.

The club need to come to decision on Compper pay the guy off and rip up his contract
as for Lustiq as others have said he is past it but each euro game he gets skinned on a cross where it's an easy block i would rather we went with Gamboa

And as for marvin ,,,,,Lazurus got fit quicker than this guy
Hey Kelly, you Kelly from the Celtic blog?

I read, it I should I did until he started spouting the, we need to pick up points away from home, utter shite. As Forrest lamented in the Times.

Just Fucking put up a show as a starter.

Win? Who are you trying to kid son?

You can’t string five fucking passes together in a forward direction.

Anybody could score the defence is so shite.

The midfield are awol.

Sort that out and we might not be embarrassed watching you.

Start there.

Last edited:

"A football fan accused of injuring a linesman by throwing a coin at him has been banned from Scottish football grounds until he is convicted or cleared.
Stuart McGaughay was warned he faced being sent to prison if he breached a special bail condition.
The 30-year-old from North Lanarkshire appeared from custody on an assault charge at Livingston Sheriff Court.
Mr McGaughay, of Deeds Street, Airdrie, was charged with throwing a coin or similar object at assistant referee Calum Spence and "thereby striking him on the head with same to his injury".
Mr Spence was filmed bleeding from a head wound after being hit by an object thrown from the crowd during Livingston's 1-0 Scottish Premiership win over Rangers at the Tony Macaroni Arena on Sunday 30 September.
Mr McGaughay pleaded not guilty to carrying out the attack and is now due to stand trial at the West Lothian court on 13 December

Anyone know if this was a Chelsea fan on tour or what team he was follow following. Disgusting reporting, a football afan and the heading a man. A coin thrown from the crowd, spineless cowards maybe withdraw the old licence and stream catchup. BBC EBT tax dodging bastards like their pundits.

Maybe there are HUNNERS of Chelsea fans living the high life in Airdrie:ROFLMAO:

Edouard is a 19-year old French kid and even so is at a different level from Leigh Griffiths last night - agree???
I thought he did okay last night - he at least showed some strength and determination but didn't always have a lot of options. Leigh Griffiths didn't get hooked for nothing. Watch the AEK games and you will see Lustig do the very same thing with people out on the wing - he fails to defend. I am not a fan of Jack Hendry but the guy wasn't the main weakness in the defence last night. Every team we play is making in-roads down that left wing. The sending off - where was Lustig when a long ball get punted up the park - 2 miles in front of James Forrest? I don't remember seeing Johnny Doyle, Jinky or any other Celtic winger being asked to cover at right back. Forrest and Ntcham may not have had a great game last night but they were not hiding either. Our defence is non existent and that sucks the whole team back. For 45 minutes we did okay - lets get some pride back at Celtic park. HH

We lost £40m just qualifying. Last year’s TV money was £13.5m increased this year to £15m, CL packages £12m.

If we had spent £20m on defenders then we would have beat AEK.

McGinn would have cost £2.75m in a year at Villa I bet you a £ to a penny he will be sold on for £20m with the prices down there. So for us saving £3m we have lost a great player and the millions we would get if he wanted to leave.

That’s a total of over £80m that’s the opportunity cost of not investing. A solid defence, remember, it was three total fuck ups that cost us their goals.

We don’t spend which makes the balance sheet look ok, but we should have £60m coming and it ysbt because we spent fuck all and fielded a defence that couldn’t keep weans oot a close.

These income figures you quoted seem very high to me.

They also don't include the costs

current player + staff bonuses probably take big chunk of the money before any new players.
Costs to get to these venues
Costs to increased security police for the home games
Rest of the costs involved with playing in these CL games

Spending 20 million on new defenders would not have guaranteed we would beat AEK, I suspect we would have done better but not certain.
The new defenders would be still playing the Brendan style and if I remember correctly it was our lack of cutting edge up front that cost us just as badly as the defence.

Spending 20 Million on new defenders is easy bit. Its getting these better players to play on wages club can afford.

You buy a new defender on 50K+ then every player in team wants their wages put up.
Had Boyata not been in strop mode we may have had better team.
Why was he in strop mode. Wages aint close to what his belgian teammates get.

Besides the lack of quality in defence falls squarely on Rodgers.
Even at christmas we needed better defenders. He bought Compper coz he eats healthy?????
He brought in 60K week loanee who was absolutely unfit to wear the strip.

These are serious waste of money signings.
Even when diela was manager we needed better defenders.

But Sviatchencko was punted and he brought in Toure on monster wages for a few games???

Ajer is striker when bought moved to midfield then to defence. Still a very young boy.

Bought Hendry from Dundee looked the business. By your reckoning if he went to Aston Villa he too would be sold for 20 million. Lets blame the board for that one. Oh but we actually bought him. Great for Dundee pure mince at Celtic under the pressure.

Best example was Scott Allan. I realise that was diela. Looked superb at Hibs. Been pure gash for us. Would he too have been a 20 million player if he went to Villa.

Gamboa can't defend
Lustig can't defend
Hendry a bag of nerves
Ajer not really cutting it yet
Simunovic can't stay fit
Boyata big head wants more money
Tierney should be on 100K stayed for buttons

Besides the drop in money is to Europa league which means not quite lost the entire europe money.

Now I'm no defending no buying better players.

But my argument is we needed defenders first. Rodger spent 10 million on Eddy. WTF was he the priority?

The entire budget on eddy

Thats assuming the reason we stopped at 10 million investment was agreed investment level
Maybe more was to be spent but something kicked off somewhere that caused the players to revolt. A

And it may be the board as you suggest being stingy
Or it may be loss of faith that Rodgers has grip on reality

Now if the entire market goes mental, it may be lucky and jump on the euphoric wave and hope you jump off on time.

But if your already breaching top level op costs, the brakes need to be put on to get them under control and I really think its Rodgers who can't do the math properly or even spot value.

He certainly can't organise a defence even though he has twice the wage budget of any other scottish team.

He also can't get the ordinary players to play winning football.
We need better players not just sp[endingmoney on any old cwap but that seems to be the rodgers way. Spend spend spend horde lots of crap and then bring in more who are overpaid and horde them anol.

Now it may just be I'm frustrated with the way this season is going. But I think its rodgers who aint very good at managing with limits. Wee fergus would have sacked him for the Chelsea dude alone.

Really wanted my first comment on here to be a positive one but after last night's showing it's a bit of a tough ask. Still there was one positive from last night, Youssouf Mulumbu.

I think he added something we only get from one maybe two others but it's something we desperately need more of, he added dig! He got into the faces of the opposition all night, his dogged and relentless tackling and harrying got right under the skin of the Salzburg players to the point where they were constantly whinging about him to the ref. I was highly critical of Mulumbu's signing, not because of the player himself but because of what his signing represented, to me it was just another example of Lawell viewing player recruitment as an irritating inconvenience he has to tolerate and this was him throwing the manager a few scraps, I still hold to that view but Mulumbu proved last night he has something to add that we desperately need right now, the character to go out onto that pitch and make his presence felt and the heart to battle for 90+ minutes.

We have a fair few problems on the park right now but one of the biggest imo that never seems to get a mention is that as a team we're soft. We lack characters with the heart, grit and bite to get in faces and unnerve the opposition, characters who's battling qualities can drag the team up from it's knees when the need arises. Sure we can play some lovely stuff when it all clicks but when it doesn't you need players like Broony and Mulumbu who'll get stuck in and mix it up a bit and right now we could be doing with more of that.

HH.
Cracking first post buddy, I’ve said on a few threads that we are too soft... it’s maybe understandable the way we are treated by the Masonic MIB but we need a backbone... mulumba will be one of those players, along with KT and Broony we need another 8 with big bollocks to stand tall as this season is all or bust to stop the 10

Members online

Latest posts

Back