Parker back

Looks like the many hordes of bhoys that have wanted rid of John Kennedy for a while will be getting their wish if as reported lenny brings parker back as assistant manager. Question is will they move Jk upstairs and would you want it ?
Jk will stay it's reallyup to him ifhe would move on but doubt it

always thought parker was a good edition needs to get rid of the shoe bomber look though
bring back dolph and thomo get the band back together

Parker seemed to be closer to the players than Lenny could allow himself n he was beside him at west brom the other week. Would make sense for him to come back as well. Ns soonHope he signs soon. Would have Mjallby back like a shot, how could you not listen to him!

Kennedy must have something in him to keep an important job for so long, god knows what it is, get him

If stories of Parker returning as assistant to Lenny are true then that for me is wholly more worrying than Lennon’s appointment as permanent manager. I was ambivalent to the Lennon appointment, expected it as it’s the cheap, unambitious , conservative option from a tight, unambitious, conservative CEO. But failing us landing a bigger ‘name’ I am ok with Lennon leading us in our attempt to get to 10. However, if you are downsizing your manager you need to upscale your quality of player and the backroom support set up for the manager. The first is unlikely, see Lawwell’s comments re. not much of a rebuild required and the fact we have no recruitment structure, and the potential return of Lennon’s boozing buddy as assistant screams of a move away from the sports science, analytics and all of the other techniques now used in modern day football.
If Lennon’s appointment is announced with news of a revamp of the new footballing department set up, Sporting Director, new Head of Recruitment, new Head of Sports Science, new Head of Analytics, then we could have an exciting future to look forward to. If it’s announced with Garry Parker as assistant manager and that’s it then our CEO’s arrogance and complacency will come back to bite us.

Latest posts

Back