Part of ground closed on Thursday

There is no appeal it's Uefas way or no way ,

Um, you may want to check that:

"The Appeals Body has jurisdiction to hear appeals against decisions of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body, and to rule on particularly urgent cases referred to it directly by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body."

Why an appeal to this body has not been pursued by the board borders on negligence, if not surpassing it.

Um, you may want to check that:

"The Appeals Body has jurisdiction to hear appeals against decisions of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body, and to rule on particularly urgent cases referred to it directly by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body."

Why an appeal to this body has not been pursued by the board borders on negligence, if not surpassing it.
Good find , i stand corrected while on that web page look at the colum on the right stating fines for each club , it's a nice earner for uefa

If i mind right the club put it's case infront of Uefa regarding stockholm when opposing fans had infiltrated the celtic support and still got hammered even though it was reported to the uefa official before a ball was kicked

That was my first thought is that for many people the ticket is a fairly small part of the total expense in going to support the team. The very short notice means some fans will be out of pocket for a lot of money.

Sadly, everyone is a loser in this matter. The barred fans, the club who lose money, the players & other fans who will experience a poorer atmosphere and the board who have created a lot of bad blood & ill-feeling with this draconian measure. It felt almost inevitable but is still very sad that it has come to this.
How can the board be blamed for this?????? Do they supply the pyro's? Do they supply the banners? Do they sing the 'illicit' songs? I'm guessing the answer's are no. But they have warned the fans if they carry on like this the club will have to do something about it themselves.

Maybe I'm just a paranoid, suspicious minded bawbag but the timing of this announcement stinks. Create a left field controversy to deflect from the Resolution 12 flak that is inevitably heading their way.
Where have the board 'created' a left field controversy?? Do you think they infiltrated the GB? Set all this up? I think the GB think they are bigger than the club, so they do what they want whenever they want, even if it's illegal.

The state television broadcaster has shown it's true blue colours, Michael. Objective reporting doesn't sell to middle England or the bigots and in the digital world where folk can access TV without the need for a licence, they have to pay their juicy salaries by playing to the oxygen thieves and pond life.

Empty fucking suits with a moral vacuum instead of a soul.
C'mon to fuck, we all know the bbc are biased Bastards but how can you call them out on this??? All they have done is report the facts (loving it though) there's nothing wrong in reporting the truth as long as it is the truth.

Plenty of Celtic Noise regulars in this one...

Supporter Reaction to Partial Closure Statement - Mussolini's Granddaughter has last laugh...

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but it seems to me that any club fined by eufa have a charge thrown in called "blocking the aisles" that negates any rights of appeal (health and safety) maybe that's why no club seems to appeal any of their decisions???

I wonder how or if the club will react to the inevitable "Fuck Lazio" chant being sung en masse without the green brigade being present?

Reactions: Jpw
I see the anti IRA brigade are out in force again. No complaints when the fuckin poppy was in full flow. From what I can see this is nothin to do with what was sung during the lazio game, but pyrotechnics. But never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Kick the green brigade out and we'll have a morgue on our hands!
Who are the anti-ira brigade?? My Father was a republican all his life and also a Celtic supporter all his life, when his republican friends came round for a drink and a sing-song (after a march) the songs were all sang. But when he came home after a match only Celtic songs were sung. One political one social never mixing the two,

No one falling out here bigman. Just pointing shit out. I like the pyro, but if it causes too much bother then don't do it. But we as a support are all very quick to point out so call squirrels coming from the Huns and yet we can't see the obvious deflection tactics from Tory wanker lawell. Even Dave King would be proud of such a stunt. This is fuck all to do with pyro or anything else. And the green brigade have been made scapegoats.
"I like the pyros but if it causes to much bother" IT'S against the LAW. The obvious deflection? Pointing out "IT'S against the LAW is a deflection? The GB are to blame for most if not ALL of the fines we receive from eufa that's not making them scapegoats that's called putting the blame where it lies

Who are the anti-ira brigade?? My Father was a republican all his life and also a Celtic supporter all his life, when his republican friends came round for a drink and a sing-song (after a march) the songs were all sang. But when he came home after a match only Celtic songs were sung. One political one social never mixing the two,
If you read back you'll see who that was aimed at. So because your father done this makes it the rule for everyone else to follow?

"I like the pyros but if it causes to much bother" IT'S against the LAW. The obvious deflection? Pointing out "IT'S against the LAW is a deflection? The GB are to blame for most if not ALL of the fines we receive from eufa that's not making them scapegoats that's called putting the blame where it lies
Have you abided by the law all your life? Yes I like pyros, but as I said if it is causing hassle then leave them out. I really don't give a fuck about the law. As far as making the green brigade scapegoats, it's all about the timing of this bullshit. Why not do it a couple of weeks ago or next week, but a day or two before the agm when Tory Pete knew the res12 situation was gonna be front and centre. So he pulls this stunt as deflection tactics.

Reactions: Jpw
If you read back you'll see who that was aimed at. So because your father done this makes it the rule for everyone else to follow?
Fuck, using my dad as a rule maker?? He'd be turning in his grave. Just pointing out that just because he doesn't sing (ira) songs at celtic matches he's anti-ira

How can the board be blamed for this?????? Do they supply the pyro's? Do they supply the banners? Do they sing the 'illicit' songs? I'm guessing the answer's are no. But they have warned the fans if they carry on like this the club will have to do something about it themselves.
Jinxy - I think you need to calm yourself down and be less aggressive in your reply if you want to continue having an adult conversation. Have you read any of my other posts or have you jumped straight in all guns blazing at multiple posts? (or should that be "?????")

The way that the Pyro's are being used is against the rules and need to be stopped immediately IMO. There is also the safety aspect which they are ignoring. I'm sorry but a handful of guys possibly pissed up letting of flares and smoke bombs in a crowded area is not controlled and is potentially hazardous.

I suspect that the board are possibly covering themselves against future liabilities in case someone does get injured in an accident and tries to sue the club as they have a duty of care for their "customers", and if they continue to take no action then this is proof of negligence and so liability (and in law, it will be the senior individuals who are accountable and will face prosecution).

However, the problem I have with the board is the timing of their announcement (possibly for deflection from Res12 at the AGM, but definitely it will have cost many of these fans a lot of money in wasted travel and hotel costs) - why not announce this last week or even before, which could have allowed further discussions before Thursday's game to see if the deadlock could have been broken and a compromise reached. Their poor timing opens them up to all types of accusations from pissed off fans.

Sadly though the relationship has broken down and there is a power struggle at play here between the board and the GB. If the GB are breaking the law or rules then they will have to stop, but our board need to portray themselves better as they can sometimes appear vindictive and this will come back to haunt some of them as they have little goodwill left with significant very vocal amounts of our fans.

Perception is important and at the moment there is a belief amongst many that the board would rather fight our own than stand up to external parties (paedo-obsessed opposition fans, the SFA, MIBs, the laptop loyal media, etc) who take every opportunity to try to put the boot in.

I repeat, no one wins in this and it reflects poorly on the club as a whole as certain elements in the media are creaming their pants using it as ammunition against us when we should be using our energies on the football pitch wining more trophies and making history. 🍀

Fuck, using my dad as a rule maker?? He'd be turning in his grave. Just pointing out that just because he doesn't sing (ira) songs at celtic matches he's anti-ira
Jaysus you're a twisted hooer. Who said your father was anti IRA? As the saying goes "you're that fuckin awkward, you'd bend a crowbar in a bog"!

I think the timing of it stinks too but rather than it trying to deflect this, that or whatever, isn't there a possibility that they know sanctions are coming from UEFA because of fan behaviour and they're Tring to be proactive to lessen the penalty?
I'm sure it was similar when the huns were done earlier in the season, all a bit last minute.

The GB say there is a " breakdown on trust". How the hell do you trust people who continually break the rules? I see no remorse from the GB and my feeling is that they put themselves before the club. Yes they bring a great atmosphere and raise a lot for charity but it shouldn't come at any cost. Wake up GB. You're far outnumbered by " ordinary" fans who do not want to see this behaviour carry on any longer to the detriment of our clubs reputation.
HH🍀

Jinxy - I think you need to calm yourself down and be less aggressive in your reply if you want to continue having an adult conversation. Have you read any of my other posts or have you jumped straight in all guns blazing at multiple posts? (or should that be "?????")

The way that the Pyro's are being used is against the rules and need to be stopped immediately IMO. There is also the safety aspect which they are ignoring. I'm sorry but a handful of guys possibly pissed up letting of flares and smoke bombs in a crowded area is not controlled and is potentially hazardous.

I suspect that the board are possibly covering themselves against future liabilities in case someone does get injured in an accident and tries to sue the club as they have a duty of care for their "customers", and if they continue to take no action then this is proof of negligence and so liability (and in law, it will be the senior individuals who are accountable and will face prosecution).

However, the problem I have with the board is the timing of their announcement (possibly for deflection from Res12 at the AGM, but definitely it will have cost many of these fans a lot of money in wasted travel and hotel costs) - why not announce this last week or even before, which could have allowed further discussions before Thursday's game to see if the deadlock could have been broken and a compromise reached. Their poor timing opens them up to all types of accusations from pissed off fans.

Sadly though the relationship has broken down and there is a power struggle at play here between the board and the GB. If the GB are breaking the law or rules then they will have to stop, but our board need to portray themselves better as they can sometimes appear vindictive and this will come back to haunt some of them as they have little goodwill left with significant very vocal amounts of our fans.

Perception is important and at the moment there is a belief amongst many that the board would rather fight our own than stand up to external parties (paedo-obsessed opposition fans, the SFA, MIBs, the laptop loyal media, etc) who take every opportunity to try to put the boot in.

I repeat, no one wins in this and it reflects poorly on the club as a whole as certain elements in the media are creaming their pants using it as ammunition against us when we should be using our energies on the football pitch wining more trophies and making history. 🍀
First off didn't think my reply was aggressive, sorry if it came across that way. The closing of the stand area is a punishment so the less notice they get the more it hurts. Don't see how they can be accused of deflection the AGM date was fixed months ago the match day was fixed months ago so just happenchance. Perception is important, so what is the perception the GB are giving out when they just ignore the law and the club??

Members online

No members online now.

Back