Part of ground closed on Thursday

First off didn't think my reply was aggressive, sorry if it came across that way. The closing of the stand area is a punishment so the less notice they get the more it hurts. Don't see how they can be accused of deflection the AGM date was fixed months ago the match day was fixed months ago so just happenchance. Perception is important, so what is the perception the GB are giving out when they just ignore the law and the club??
The less notice they give means it hurts more suggests that it is being vindictive, so the board lose some of the moral high ground. Maybe the timing was because they had a quiet warning UEFA were going to step in with some bigger sanctions. Maybe if the board had explained this better then it would not have led to so much controversy and ill-feeling by so many fans?

I am actually in agreement with a lot of your views, and I certainly don't think the GB should be ignoring the law or genuine safety issues (for me personally, the pyros don't add anything but many people love the spectacle).

The GB do so many wonderful things such as the charity fund raising, increasing awareness on a lot of worthwhile issues and most importantly they create a legendary atmosphere which is admired across Europe - unfortunately there is the occasional "but...".

This stand-off is not doing the club any favours and I just hope it gets resolved to a satisfactory conclusion before the Cup Final and before the "new Glasgow derby" on the 29th.

As for replies suggesting lets keep the politics from celtic park may i remind you of the first song sung at paradise or do you not know also of the connections past and present of this club maybe the poppy brigade should not be on this site or are you forgetting the true history of our club shame on anyone turning on fellow celts dissagree fine but some of the comments are shocking to say the least embarrassing

The less notice they give means it hurts more suggests that it is being vindictive, so the board lose some of the moral high ground. Maybe the timing was because they had a quiet warning UEFA were going to step in with some bigger sanctions. Maybe if the board had explained this better then it would not have led to so much controversy and ill-feeling by so many fans?

I am actually in agreement with a lot of your views, and I certainly don't think the GB should be ignoring the law or genuine safety issues (for me personally, the pyros don't add anything but many people love the spectacle).

The GB do so many wonderful things such as the charity fund raising, increasing awareness on a lot of worthwhile issues and most importantly they create a legendary atmosphere which is admired across Europe - unfortunately there is the occasional "but...".

This stand-off is not doing the club any favours and I just hope it gets resolved to a satisfactory conclusion before the Cup Final and before the "new Glasgow derby" on the 29th.
The thing is, if we're punishing someone for something they did wrong then we are being vindictive, that's why we punish them. So the best thing to do is agree when we can, and to disagree when we have to, and not fall out over anything

As for replies suggesting lets keep the politics from celtic park may i remind you of the first song sung at paradise or do you not know also of the connections past and present of this club maybe the poppy brigade should not be on this site or are you forgetting the true history of our club shame on anyone turning on fellow celts dissagree fine but some of the comments are shocking to say the least embarrassing

Why you calling someone a poppy brigade because they may have said keep politics out of football, thats a bit of a stereotype is it not?
Maybe some people do not need to be reminded anymore of the history as they as fans are well clued up as to the roots.
The reason people are on this site and most Celtic blogs is simply they are expressing their freedoms and keeping with the ethos of open to all and free to voice their opinion without been stereotyped, diagareement is fine and healthy, putting people into groups achieves nothing, nothing personal but simply no-one has to agree on everything and everyone is free to express this without animosityy.

Politics naw. Good causes aye🍀

Why you calling someone a poppy brigade because they may have said keep politics out of football, thats a bit of a stereotype is it not?
Maybe some people do not need to be reminded anymore of the history as they as fans are well clued up as to the roots.
The reason people are on this site and most Celtic blogs is simply they are expressing their freedoms and keeping with the ethos of open to all and free to voice their opinion without been stereotyped, diagareement is fine and healthy, putting people into groups achieves nothing, nothing personal but simply no-one has to agree on everything and everyone is free to express this without animosityy.
👋👋👋

Seems not everyone down Ibrox way is happy with King certain fans have accepted the speech by King and reference to the shares been merged has amounted in a blunder and spilt the beans that the Huns are a new club and the details are only a court decision away, more to come on this it seems close bros closing in on the deal they have and about to call in the loan , regards this mess up.

Seems not everyone down Ibrox way is happy with King certain fans have accepted the speech by King and reference to the shares been merged has amounted in a blunder and spilt the beans that the Huns are a new club and the details are only a court decision away, more to come on this it seems close bros closing in on the deal they have and about to call in the loan , regards this mess up.
Ya dancer. Tick tock🤔

Two clubs must exist if there's to be a merger and yet huns say they are the one club. Don't know how that works! Maybe when they merge the oldco and newco the face painter et al might get paid. I've never seen an unliquidated event before but there's a first time for everything.

Back