PARTNER FOR CCV

Who should partner CCV against Killie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find myself scratching my napper: maybe I'm misreading the post. Is this pairing we're bein' asked to vote on for the Subbuteo stadium on Sunday only, or is it for the season ahead ?
Although I was very impressed with our new Merc against the Teuchters', for me, making a call this early would be like commenting on a movie I've not yet watched yet . One game at a time sweet Noisers !
Still way to early in the season to say who will actually be the main CB pairing for the bigger games that aren't too far away either Frank.
Would still make starfelt favourite for them games at present myself, but in an ever changing football world you can never actually tell with so many other factors that can come into play.
Only chose Sunday due to such factors.
Starfelt only returning from injury and a dodgy surface?
Jenz did he do enough to keep hold of the position, yet wouldn't have much experience in what awaits on Sunday?
Welsh unlucky to miss out last week, has he shown enough to earn a recall?
Think the slower surface will play a huge factor upon the decision of Ange, and we still haven't seen a side to really enforce the higher press against us yet, as being to shit scared of doing so as of yet, can't blame them either as the pace and movement of our front 3 and the positions our 2 attacking midfielders can find, along with the quality possessed would frighten the life out of any team within the SPFL.
Jenz passing out from the back just seemed a little bit more assured last week to get the nod imo, yet still no idea how that would be upon this surface and against a possible higher press by Killie either?

Still can't see us using 2 CB as subs winter, not Ange style imo.
Great to have solid opinions now in the keeper and 2CB position, as do believe that any long term injury gained between the keeper and 2CB could well have cost us the league imo, such is the importance of getting this area of the pitch right.
Of course now we have got options available that could well be channeled into the best option on a game by game basis, but also not an area within a team that you really want to be swapping and changing either.
Pitch could well play a factor upon the decision of Ange, along with possibly the Lafferty factor.
Your typical horrible orange northy bastard, as useless as they come, yet thinks he's still a bully boy, along with a good few in that Killie team.
Hardly need to be Einstein along with a rookie ref to work out what Killie will be all about on Sunday.
So as I chose Jenz, I will stick by it as it will be the perfect opportunity to really see what he's all about as a player and what is required to succeed also for ourselves within Scottish football, even if I remain unsure if that could be the wiser call still, glad it's Ange who has to make these decisions still.
Aye its the perfect game against that hun prick on that pitch with all thr shit tactics if killie to see how big jenz copes I assume they will just punt the baw forward or into the box all the time so jenz with his height shud be perfect but we will see I think he will be fine but u never know in these games I never expected big Julian to get bullied at livi

It’s been along time since we had a discussion about players and what and who is the best fit,with games both at home and in Europe both played at different pace ,at Killie think it’s got to be Jenz the others have been tried before so think now is the time to find out our best and strongest pair which we will need not just at home and the long season but also in CL any weakness will soon be found and you can bet your boots that teams in the CL will be already watching Celtic and thier different set ups but thank goodness we are in a better position than previous seasons which has a long way to go,won’t be surprised if we bring in one or two new players before the window closes

It's up in the air till we see Jenz crunch a c#nt
"Up in the air", fairly but frimly so to speak...
Till he takes a sore one in a 50/50.

Welsh and starfelt have done the above all Jenz has done is ping a baw.

Need to dbl hatates whewtabix ration and get 90mins out of him so we can give our defenders mins to suss shit out.

Last edited:
Ange likes good passers
Fit players
He likes pace in his teams.
Technique
Workrate.

He was also a defender and knows you can't tick all of those boxes.
Admitted himself he was a failed winger.
Welsh heeder...Jenz scored a heeder as well and can ping a short pass best of the 3.

Who is the biggest baddest new CF in the SPL on the block?
Is it Nouble?
Livi love that type. They cause hassle with that type.
CCV could do his thing against him but who else?

CCV never knew he would be listed as a cultured CB. Starfelt was the scrapper - at the time a better scrapper than Welsh due to experience so he got the nod.

Asking any CB to be a top notch footballer as well as scrapper?...you can't keep them for long.

CS and CCV had an understanding, few heart attacks but they did their thing.

Welsh - looked good and dropped out due to illness. Jenz while riding the high of signing didn't look too shabby.

Jenz is probably the quickest out of the four.
Probably the best short quick passer.
Is he tough?

The 3 chasers are all about the same weight. Jenz looks more athletic?
Won't mean a thing if he gets bullied.

Jenz will start.
Starfelt if he passes like he has (under pressure wont)
Welsh will get mins.

Jenz and Welsh have to be in a more attacking mindset for places.

Don't think CCV is used to his old mate missing either yet.

If Jenz has a bit of dig about him.
If Welsh keeps it tidy
If CCV picks up a knock...

Starfelt might struggle for a place in the team. It's all down to his passing ability and tendency to freak out.

A cb that can shake off a rattle is invaluable. CS on occasion couldnt.

Ill hazzard a guess that ange has less time for that than us. Just a hunch

If Welsh and Jenz can then they leapfrog him
Excellent analysis BBB.

Vigo's constellation you say...... :love:
:love: :love: :cool:
Probably is for aw I know , certainly sounds better than constellation Beta 68772431 and the rubbish names they hit out with.
Oh did you see the solar flare in the night sky? Where? Constellation Beta 68772431! Naw never heard of it !
The Vigo cluster? Wtf did you no just say that fur? Still never seen it

Members online

Latest posts

Back