Past the time for a clear out

Derry Bhoy

The Board /Kennedy/Strachan/All players who want away/ need to join Lennon and Lawwell for a total clear out if Desmond would join them that would be great. Let the new C.E.O. assemble his own board and the new manager (whenever he does arrive) put togather a team and backroom staff for the future as the shambles the previous people at the club have left us in has made us a laughing stock around the football world.

The new European cup competition is still the same cup ok, it was never liquidated so even though it's called a new name it's still the cup winners cup, Celtic have a 99.99% chance of being in the cup and my belief is even if we are we will make sure we win the league, Scottish cup + league we have the record, Scottish cup +league + league cup, we have the record, we will let the other teams fight it out we will concentrate on the major trophy in Scotland, the one that gains automatic placement in the European elite cup.
Apart from euro i will not purchase tickets for Scottish cup games, my way saying to the sfa ***k **f, no matter who our manager is he/she will be told win the league.
I wish i had the ability to GOOGLE wim Jansen back then...? HH

A laughing stock is a club who is asking their fans for another 5 million to keep them afloat

A season without winning a trophy is just that...we will get a manager, we will sign players, we will win trophies again soon enough, play in Europe.....it's not as if we are going out of business and becoming liquidated

Fans are becoming engulfed in the "we are doomed" rhetoric and it is extremely toxic....a season without winning a trophy is not a disaster, we don't have the monopoly on trophies.... sometimes we lose and we have to reset

It's not about one season of not winning anything, it's at least 15 years of systemic mismanagement. Even the appointment of Rodgers, one of very few positives, was quickly followed up by undermining him in the transfer market.

I keep reading that we should now accept what's happening, stay positive etc. That's like backing your addicted friend to keep abusing heroin because, you know, they just won't stop no matter what you say anyway and it might all work out in the end as long as you hope hard enough.

It's "keeping the faith" that brought us here, brought us to our knees. It will ultimately kill our club.

We need to stay angry, we must demand immediate change.

SACK THE BOARD

It's not about one season of not winning anything, it's at least 15 years of systemic mismanagement. Even the appointment of Rodgers, one of very few positives, was quickly followed up by undermining him in the transfer market.

I keep reading that we should now accept what's happening, stay positive etc. That's like backing your addicted friend to keep abusing heroin because, you know, they just won't stop no matter what you say anyway and it might all work out in the end as long as you hope hard enough.

It's "keeping the faith" that brought us here, brought us to our knees. It will ultimately kill our club.

We need to stay angry, we must demand immediate change.

SACK THE BOARD
For me, what's brought us here was simply settling for being number one in Scotland. If we're completely honest I think we have to admit it's not a difficult thing to achieve. We all craved the ten, but outside our shores it meant absolutely nothing. Speaking only for myself here, but finishing above sevco should only be a stepping stone to our place amongst the real powers in the game. Sadly, we allow ourselves to be sucked in to a parochial mindset which does nothing other than hold us back. Obviously, like some kind of ugly presence which has to be dealt with, we have no option other than to compete with them for the right to take our place amongst the truly great clubs which grace, ( as opposed to disgrace ) the beautiful game. Memo to our power brokers......show some ambition please ?

Magnificent 7 you just took the words out of my mouth. AMBITION.
The Celtic board have no ambition.
They just wanted to see the side in Europe for Christmas.
That was why Rodgers left. He wanted to take the next step into Europe. The board only wanted their money at the end of the season.
This next season will be more downsizing.
The cheapest options.

The Board /Kennedy/Strachan/All players who want away/ need to join Lennon and Lawwell for a total clear out if Desmond would join them that would be great. Let the new C.E.O. assemble his own board and the new manager (whenever he does arrive) put togather a team and backroom staff for the future as the shambles the previous people at the club have left us in has made us a laughing stock around the football world.
You're making a big assumption that Lawwell is leaving. He'll remain on the board and will take over from Bankier as Chairman by this year's AGM.

For me, what's brought us here was simply settling for being number one in Scotland. If we're completely honest I think we have to admit it's not a difficult thing to achieve. We all craved the ten, but outside our shores it meant absolutely nothing. Speaking only for myself here, but finishing above sevco should only be a stepping stone to our place amongst the real powers in the game. Sadly, we allow ourselves to be sucked in to a parochial mindset which does nothing other than hold us back. Obviously, like some kind of ugly presence which has to be dealt with, we have no option other than to compete with them for the right to take our place amongst the truly great clubs which grace, ( as opposed to disgrace ) the beautiful game. Memo to our power brokers......show some ambition please ?
We’ve been in the slide quality wise for a long time. Sure we had great times in Europe under Martin Oneill but even after the quality drain, wee Gordon had us punching with fairly decent Scottish players. It also shows that we’ve been tactically naive since then. Even under Rodgers he chose to play an open game against teams that tore us apart.
I’m pretty sure we will see at Euros with Scotland under Clarke, a proper set up will give us a slim chance of getting results against technically superior players. We won’t get pumped and may just surprise

Thats wits been wrong for me board just doing enuf to win our league we're not expected to do any damage in Europe so they didnae even try as far as the boards concerned they've done a cracking job we were winning the trophies and the bottom line looked shithot until last season hit hard and instead of investing to cement our place at the top of our own wee country they tried to fanny us about now fuckin look at us

Thats wits been wrong for me board just doing enuf to win our league we're not expected to do any damage in Europe so they didnae even try as far as the boards concerned they've done a cracking job we were winning the trophies and the bottom line looked shithot until last season hit hard and instead of investing to cement our place at the top of our own wee country they tried to fanny us about now fuckin look at us
Its great winning trophies Cairnsy but when it becomes too easy you get complacent .The board should have been planning ahead to continue our dominance for another decade but instead they fell asleep and let a 9 year old club win the league by 25 points ..unforgivable

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve said that before about the Board using Sevco as our benchmark instead of investing and getting in players that would take us further in Europe.

so the question I have is was it complacency? Was it for the benefit of Scottish football? Was it a managed decline to keep the Huns in business? No matter what all of this is not acceptable for a club who actually won the European cup n 1967. So where is the ambition for Celtic?

Its great winning trophies Cairnsy but when it becomes too easy you get complacent .The board should have been planning ahead to continue our dominance for another decade but instead they fell asleep and let a 9 year old win the league by 25 points ..unforgivable
Exactly mate they never thought the huns wid challenge us and we wid always just win with inferior players from shit leagues and no proper youth system fuckin scandalous wen the huns went bust we shud have invested in the youth system buying up good young players from all over and bring them on then punt them for good money like Salzburg are doing the only thing stopping us doing similar is the penny pinching lack of ambition and sheer cockyness from our board

Exactly mate they never thought the huns wid challenge us and we wid always just win with inferior players from shit leagues and no proper youth system fuckin scandalous wen the huns went bust we shud have invested in the youth system buying up good young players from all over and bring them on then punt them for good money like Salzburg are doing the only thing stopping us doing similar is the penny pinching lack of ambition and sheer cockyness from our board
Our wage bill was huge compared to theirs when they done us in Europe a few years back,maybe be we should send someone over there to see how they do things ,might learn a thing or two .

Members online

Latest posts

Back