Paul Wilson

My god!!! Got to hand it to the BBC Scotland. When it comes to deflection they are a step above....ofcourse racism in football should be highlighted at all times but we have a massive story happening in scotland....right now....in this moment. Surely the BBC, the national broadcaster could be shining a light on that.....not something that happened 30 years ago. Can I also point out that of all the leagues in Europe I believe Scotland is the best when it comes to fans being against racism against black players. All but one team ofcourse....but we mustn't talk about that must we??? No instead let's shift the focus completely!!

They don't need to a retrospective documentary on Paul Wilson. They can talk about, dembele, sinclair, Shane Duffy, O'halloran, Clarke, anyone on the streets in Glasgow the other week, the young children They racially abused while on their European travels.....and the list can go on and on and on and on and on and on. Where is Lennons documentary???

That's it bbc you got the call then.by doing this program about the treatment of mark Walters just to try and even things up will only prolong the day when anti catholic and anti irish racism in scotland will be sorted out once and for all.maybe it's deflecting away from all the presure the bbc is under because of the lady Di interview.I think the 2020 decade will be known as the deflection decade.

I see there is to be a BBC Scotland documentary about the racial abuse endured by Mark Walters when he played in Scotland , maybe they will do a retrospective documentary on the racial abuse the late Paul Wilson had to endure throughout his playing career (I wouldn't hold my breath ).
Welcome to the Noise, Marky. 👋

It's the hun agenda that's being highlighted so they conveniently forget what Paul had to go through at that time.

Not trying to justify the abuse Mark Walters got but this is the same guy who attended sash bashes and more than likely joined in with the anti Catholic songs ...he even allowed himself to be pictured wearing the uniform of an orange flute band ....not got much sympathy for the guy ..bought right into the hun mentality.fuck him

I see there is to be a BBC Scotland documentary about the racial abuse endured by Mark Walters when he played in Scotland , maybe they will do a retrospective documentary on the racial abuse the late Paul Wilson had to endure throughout his playing career (I wouldn't hold my breath ).
Are we talking about Mark Walters the bigot up to his knees in irish Racism in Belfast:cool:

Untitled.jpg

from the BBC web page
==================================================
Former Rangers player Mark Walters looks back at his career with the Glasgow club to assess the racism he faced while playing for them. Watching harrowing footage of his early matches, he vividly describes the visceral atmosphere as he was targeted by opposition fans. In a candid conversation with Graeme Souness, the player-manager who brought him to Ibrox, Mark reveals the inner resilience that got him through those tough games and reflects on the role unconscious bias in TV commentary has on how black footballers are perceived today.

Mark also finds out about early black footballing pioneers in Scotland, including an early multiracial football team who played a stone's throw from Ibrox stadium. He unearths the incredible story of Andrew Watson, the world’s first black international player, who captained the Scotland national team in 1881 to its greatest ever win over England. Watson was a complex figure who was both the descendant of slaves and the beneficiary of slavery. Mark asks how Andrew overcame racism to be welcomed into the footballing elite in the 1880s.
=================================================== so the 2 people they pick for the programme will remember this

aye didn't think so

So this will be interesting i wonder how much of the programme will be dedicated to Andrew watson ,,,,who,,,,you know the guy the SFA have all of a sudden remembered and are going to cling to to ward off racism claims a bit like everyone anyone

fired off an email to find out if they will be appointing officials from ethnic minoritys to every level of the game ,,,,i don't expect a reply

Last edited by a moderator:
The abuse Walters received was horrific....it was the only occasion I have ever been embarrassed by our support...it was no small minority either... thankfully that nonsense has been all but eradicated from our support say a few bams here or there....as for the sash bash stuff, did he really know what he had been dragged to?? I very much doubt it......no excuses, that was a dark day for us as a club ....what they do as a club is their business and they have to deal with it

Just saw the preview and Sourness calling it Scotlands shame , notice he hasn't been on the telly about Scotlands shame the other week and the cost of the damage at George Square £53,000 and counting.
Or Scotlands shame as he and fellow colleagues blatanly cheated the tax man and the Scottish purse, short memories as he encourages those in his dressing room to get in there as the Billy boys is been belted out, that Souness is it?

The abuse Walters received was horrific....it was the only occasion I have ever been embarrassed by our support...it was no small minority either... thankfully that nonsense has been all but eradicated from our support say a few bams here or there....as for the sash bash stuff, did he really know what he had been dragged to?? I very much doubt it......no excuses, that was a dark day for us as a club ....what they do as a club is their business and they have to deal with it

No one is saying his treatment wasn't shameful docco. And yes, I'd imagine he did know what he was being dragged into. You'd have to be thick as shit to not understand the culture. Footballers from all over the UK who don't know anything about Scottish football know that celtic is the IRA loving Catholic team and rangers are the UVF loyalist proddy team. Stan Collymore said as much in an interview. Look at guys like butcher who have said it is drummed into you and you are educated on it as soon as you walk through the doors. The timing of this documentary is blatantly obvious. It's the BBCs attempt to use the different side of the same coin argument to deflect from their recent actions.

No one is saying his treatment wasn't shameful docco. And yes, I'd imagine he did know what he was being dragged into. You'd have to be thick as shit to not understand the culture. Footballers from all over the UK who don't know anything about Scottish football know that celtic is the IRA loving Catholic team and rangers are the UVF loyalist proddy team. Stan Collymore said as much in an interview. Look at guys like butcher who have said it is drummed into you and you are educated on it as soon as you walk through the doors. The timing of this documentary is blatantly obvious. It's the BBCs attempt to use the different side of the same coin argument to deflect from their recent actions.
If we have to go back to Souness's era with Walters and racial abuse then Celtic have came a long way and learned the errors of their way. Are we talking over 30 years ago, you would think they could find something a lot newer, whats that nope, thought so. Now 1690 and 2021 is a very long time to have maintained the same song book lads, don't you think?

1967 25th May 25th May 2021 is it cold in his shadow, the bestset team in the UK.

Back