Peter Grant & Scotland

He was a Celtic fan, yes. But in my opinion he was never Celtic class. Only managed to stay at the club as long because the state we were in during early 90’s. Blessing yourself at Ibrox shouldn’t be the barometer for being classed a Celtic legend.

Peter the Pointer was more effective than anyone gave him credit for. Even he would admit he wasn't the fastest or most skillful player ever to grace the Hoops but there's a lot to say for a player who would give everything he's got every game for the whole game!

I even saw him score a backheel either at brockville or Airdrie... the skill just drips out of that Bhoy ?

He was a Celtic fan, yes. But in my opinion he was never Celtic class. Only managed to stay at the club as long because the state we were in during early 90’s. Blessing yourself at Ibrox shouldn’t be the barometer for being classed a Celtic legend.
Never called him a legend Conar mate ,but he was a a real Celtic fan and played for the jersey, hard to come by these days of money and aloofness. never one to show his metal either when the huns were alive.

Peter the Pointer was more effective than anyone gave him credit for. Even he would admit he wasn't the fastest or most skillful player ever to grace the Hoops but there's a lot to say for a player who would give everything he's got every game for the whole game!

I even saw him score a backheel either at brockville or Airdrie... the skill just drips out of that Bhoy ?
Jungle loved him and he loved the jungle.

Absolutely loved Peter he went to school in airdrie and at lunchtime he would play keepie uppie with his empty Coca Cola can a cousin of mines was in his class and he also played keepie uppie with a few Huns on the park too ? He's let himself down by being associated with that rat! But he'll always have a warm place in my heart as a Celtic man as he gave us his all for the shirt ?????

Never called him a legend Conar mate ,but he was a a real Celtic fan and played for the jersey, hard to come by these days of money and aloofness. never one to show his metal either when the huns were alive.
That’s it boab,!!!!playing for the jersey, what and old fashioned statement!!!!!’yet most relevant today, that seems to no longer count to a certain type of player, don’t understand the true culture of the club ,and what it means ,we are just a step for some to get better? and I mean financial gain above anything else, no matter if you don’t make it big,!!!anywhere else, hh

In todays terms he was paid peanuts for a basic wage, while he never had the silky skills of TB or PMc, if you were in the trenches you would want the pointer by your side. Im not the type for testimonials unless under special circumstances, but I secured my ticket for his early doors for 2 reasons, his genuine love of pulling on the hoops even though he took a lot of stick, and the fact he was always one of the lowest paid players in the first team.
The embarrassing sight of the Maestro and big Roy having to publicly coax fans to go to his game was wiped out entirely when the game against Bayern Munich (I think) the kick off was held up with thousands of troops outside buying tickets from the office. I was really proud of our support that night, not for the first time and it certainly wasn't the last either.

Absolutely loved Peter he went to school in airdrie and at lunchtime he would play keepie uppie with his empty Coca Cola can a cousin of mines was in his class and he also played keepie uppie with a few Huns on the park too ? He's let himself down by being associated with that rat! But he'll always have a warm place in my heart as a Celtic man as he gave us his all for the shirt ?????

Bertie he’s a St Pats bhoy. Coatbridge. ☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back